Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default What makes the Spurs peak > 90's Suns? Peaking more yrs/longer doesn't = HIGHER peak

That's why all the bulls opponents in the 90's can be equal or better than the Spurs despite only making 1 or 2 Finals

They only peaked 1 year because of parity (better comp), but that doesn't mean their peak was any less

It's no different than players peaking for longer or shorter time periods - length of peak doesn't change the DEGREE of peaking

Default Re: What makes the Spurs peak > 90's Suns? Peaking more yrs/longer doesn't = HIGHER peak

Kobe played the tougher competition Bruce.Stop trying to rewrite history, ya boy had a cake walk every year except for the 92 playoffs.
    Last edited by Mask the Embiid; 03-24-2019 at 12:37 AM.

Default Re: What makes the Spurs peak > 90's Suns? Peaking more yrs/longer doesn't = HIGHER peak

What makes your critical thinking skills more competent than that of a 12 year old? This would make for a much more insightful, accurate thread title. But alas, I digress:

Are you comparing a team that has won 5 championships versus a team that has won zero.

Are you comparing a team that has made the playoffs for 22 years in a row (NBA record)

Are you comparing a team that has had a core of 3-4 legendary HOF players

Are you completely insane (or at the least, below the 6th grade critical thinking level)

Where does your trolling begin and end? Does your idiotic trolling know no bounds?

[SIZE="3"][b]iS tHe 4-aLL sTAr hAwKs tEaM tHaT LeBroN sWePt beTTeR tHaN mJ

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

I'm confused what led to this thread. It obviously has to do with Jordan somehow, but I don't get it. Did someone say the Spurs in the 2000s were way better than the 93 suns and this triggered you or something? What can I say? I'm actually sane. I'm not a 40+ year old man who obsesses over some nikka who shot a orange ball in a red rim 20 years ago so I can't get on the same level. Try and bring your insanity down to the the rest of us (correction: some of us. As half this board is as mentally lost as you are), please.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    I'm confused what led to this thread. It obviously has to do with Jordan somehow, but I don't get it. Did someone say the Spurs in the 2000s were way better than the 93 suns and this triggered you or something? What can I say? I'm actually sane. I'm not a 40+ year old man who obsesses over some nikka who shot a orange ball in a red rim 20 years ago so I can't get on the same level. Try and bring your insanity down to the the rest of us (correction: some of us. As half this board is as mentally lost as you are), please.

It's probably because I'd said LeBron faced dynasties to win his chips while MJ hasn't. Even though I have also said numerous times that MJ's '93 Suns chip was a big win for him (even though 3ball gives LBJ no credit for 2016).

3ball is in an insane asylum all on his own. There is crazy. Then there's super crazy. Then there is 3ball crazy.

I think the thread title is pretty self-explanatory and intuitive, so that's why you guys aren't refuting it and choosing to go the "you post too much" deflection route instead

People say the Spurs were better than mj's comp but all of mj's Finals opponents could beat the Spurs except the 92' blazers

Oh wait.. the jazz DID destroy duncan/popovich already, so there you have it.. it already happened.. and the jazz < 93' suns, bad boys or 92' Knicks

There was simply more parity and more "good" teams competing for a ring back then - you couldn't just stack your team with stars and be one of 2 teams hoarding the talent for easy championship runs like the recent cavs/warriors and heat/spurs before that.. it's easier to win as 1 of 2 teams with all the talent, as opposed to being one of many teams with comparable talent (parity)

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    I think the thread title is pretty self-explanatory and intuitive, so that's why you guys aren't refuting it and choosing to go the "you post too much" deflection route instead

People say the Spurs were better than mj's comp but all of mj's Finals opponents could beat the Spurs except the 92' blazers

Oh wait.. the jazz DID destroy duncan/popovich already, so there you have it.. it already happened.. and the jazz < 93' suns, bad boys or 92' Knicks

There was simply more parity and more "good" teams competing for a ring back then - you couldn't just stack your team with stars and be one of 2 teams hoarding the talent for easy championship runs like the recent cavs/warriors and heat/spurs before that.. it's easier to win as 1 of 2 teams with all the talent, as opposed to being one of many teams with comparable talent (parity)
    Spurs rings: 5
    Suns, Blazers, Jazz, Sonics rings: 0

Goodnight now, sweetie

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation

Goodnight now, sweetie
    Jazz already destroyed the Duncan/Popovich Spurs, so the bulls would sweep the spurs, probably by record amount

So we already have the proof of what I'm saying..

Furthermore, the suns and sonics peaked higher than most of those spurs teams, if not all of them.. the sonics beat Hakeem in 93' with Payton/Kemp/Schrempf all averaging over 20 - they would've made the Finals that year, but Barkley's 45/25 in game 7 stopped them..

When these teams made the Finals, they were battle-tested and it was their banner year - everything had come together perfect for them to overcome the parity... these teams peaked higher than the Spurs and were tougher than any 00's spurs team would be.. the Spurs simply played against weaker parity and therefore weaker comp - but we saw what the jazz did to them.. curb stomped
    Last edited by 3ball; 03-24-2019 at 02:47 AM.

Jazz already destroyed the Duncan/Popovich Spurs, so the bulls would sweep the spurs, probably by record amount

So we already have the proof of what I'm saying..

Furthermore, the suns and sonics peaked higher than most of those spurs teams, if not all of them.. the sonics beat Hakeem in 93' with Payton/Kemp/Schrempf all averaging over 20 - they would've made the Finals that year, but Barkley's 45/25 in game 7 stopped them.. anytime these teams made the Finals, they were battle-tested and it was their banner year where everything came together perfect for them to overcome the parity... these teams peaked higher than the Spurs and were tougher than any 00's spurs team would be..
    Right

So

Next

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    Right

So

Next
    Right.. the Jazz beat Duncan/Popovich

So the bulls would've annihilated the spurs.. their weaker, international athleticism and brand of ball was always perfectly suited for the bulls superiority.. heck, jordan was beating them without Pip in the RS

Thank you 3ball, very cool! Now who of MJ's opponents were as good as the 73 win Warriors?

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam
    Thank you 3ball, very cool! Now who of MJ's opponents were as good as the 73 win Warriors?
    when did lebron beat b2b champs that had 3x all-stars at every starting spot?

Lebron never beat b2b champs or that many all-stars.. isiah/dumars/rodman > curry/klay/dray.. and the Pistons had two more perennial all-stars IN ADDITION to that big 3

And when did lebron demolish Duncan/Popovich in 5 games like the Jazz did?? (who also swept shaq's 4 all-star Lakers)

And when did lebron beat anyone that compares to Shaq/Penny? Is Hibbert/George the best center/wing combo he beat?.. Lol...

Anyone as tough as Riley's Knicks?

I laugh that people that think beating a couple fragile, coddled athlete's kids (curry/klay) is tougher to beat than shaq/penny, or malone/stockton..

when did lebron beat b2b champs that had 3x all-stars at every starting spot?

Lebron never beat b2b champs or that many all-stars.. Isiah/dumars/rodman > curry/klay/dray.. and the Pistons had two more 3x all-stars IN ADDITION to that big 3

And when did lebron demolish Duncan/Please in 5 games like the Jazz did (who also swept shaq's 4 all-star Lakers)???

And when did lebron beat anyone that compares to Shaq/Penny? Is it Hibbert/George - is that the best center/wing combo he beat?.. Lol...

Anyone as tough as Riley's Knicks?

I laugh that people that think beating a couple fragile, coddled athlete's kids (curry/klay) is tougher to beat than shaq/penny, or malone/stockton..
    If I'm reading correct
    Bad Boy Pistons
    Late 90's Jazz
    Shaq/Penny Magic
    Riley Knicks

All better than the Warriors? Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam
    If I'm reading correct
    Bad Boy Pistons
    Late 90's Jazz
    Shaq/Penny Magic
    Riley Knicks

All better than the warriors? Crazy
    Don't try to conflate the pre-durant Warriors and post-durant warriors

Lebron beat the pre-durant Warriors, who weren't a great post-season team, let alone b2b champs with perennial all-stars at every starting spot like the bad boys...

And yes, those other teams you listed > curry/klay warriors, who needed 6 to beat an injured Cavs team that was shooting 39% on the bulk of their shots.. fragile-ass team

Don't try to conflate the pre-durant Warriors and post-durant warriors

Lebron beat the pre-durant Warriors, who weren't a great post-season team, let alone b2b champs with perennial all-stars at every starting spot like the bad boys...

And yes, those other teams you listed > curry/klay warriors, who needed 6 to beat an injured Cavs team that was shooting 39% on the bulk of their shots.. fragile-ass team
    It's hilarious you try to push this narrative that they had all stars at every starting position, let alone 3x. Who would they be by the way....besides Laimbeer, Dumars and Zeke?