Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-12-2007, 05:10 PM   #16
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Juwan Howard wants out

i actually want him back(without ****ty contract). he has great leadership, and a nice mid-range jumper
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 05:25 PM   #17
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Juwan is not a bad player by any means. He's a career 16.1 PPG/7.1 RPG player. As a rookie, averaged 17 PPG/8.4 RPG. His second year, was an All-Star averaging 22.1 PPG/8.1 RPG/4.4 APG. He has averaged a minimum of 11.8 PPG in 11 of his 13 seasons.

His contract is likely to turn off certain teams, but he was a hell of a player, and still is to this day.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 05:30 PM   #18
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is considered somewhat coolfatboy11 is considered somewhat coolfatboy11 is considered somewhat cool

Teams won't be that turned off by his contract. He only has this year and next on his deal. And if he really, really, really wants to get out of Minny, if he hasn't been traded by next season, he can just decline to pick up his option for next season. That is unlikely, but teams will want him then as an expiring contract.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:17 PM   #19
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

which squads have glaring holes at PF?

sacramento perhaps? LA?
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:23 PM   #20
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is considered somewhat coolfatboy11 is considered somewhat coolfatboy11 is considered somewhat cool
Red face Re: Juwan Howard wants out

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
which squads have glaring holes at PF?

sacramento perhaps? LA?
Boston could really use him off the bench.

Charlotte could use him, but that isn't an ideal situation for him.

Cleveland could definitely use him.

I think even the Mavs and Pistons could use him.

The Clipps and Lakers could use him.

The Heat could as well.

Even the Hornets and Magic could.

Sixers, too.

I see a lot of teams that could put him to good use.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:29 PM   #21
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

He might come back to Washington. That's where he started his career and became an all star.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:29 PM   #22
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I thought it was a sign from God when his contract was voided and he came back to the Bullets.

It's most certainly was..

The Contract would've CRIPPLED the Heat...Wouldn't been able to re-sign Zo either..Don't know what Riley was thinking...

I believe the thinking behind was was that Zo could be re-signed to any amount at any time to due his bird rights...So Riles went ahead and signed Howard to a max deal and renounced a whole bunch of capholds from the Heat's free agents that season (guys like Rex Chapman, Walt Williams and couple of others)...

But the ruling was that they did not have capspace to sign Howard outright and re-sign Zo to a max extension...It had to be dealt with an arbitrator to get further clarification of how it went against the CBA..And rulling was that the only way the Heat could sign Howard outright is if they renounced Zo...Couldn't have both.

Also count me as someone who was never all that enamored with Howard either...Can't front though it's mostly due to the figures he was banking..I just can't believe he got that contract. And damn near from my team at that? Sheesh.

I had the same reaction to that deal as I had with Rashard Lewis today..

He's was a good scoring option at his peak (good low post game) but was not a good defender at all..Didn't post up as good of rebounding as he should've either...

All things being said though, I'd take him over Antoine Walker in a hot minute today....
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:30 PM   #23
KrispyKreme0
I hit open 5-footers

KrispyKreme0 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_Zero
He might come back to Washington. That's where he started his career and became an all star.

Really? we had no idea :rollingeyes:
KrispyKreme0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:44 PM   #24
Optimus Prime
:\

Optimus Prime is considered somewhat coolOptimus Prime is considered somewhat cool

Juwan Howard...

Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:51 PM   #25
ReturnOfJimi
Good High School Starter

ReturnOfJimi has an OK reputation so far

Minny trades

JHoward
MMadsen
MJaric
Gomes
Lottery protected 1st

to ORL for

HTurkoglu
TBattie
CArroyo

MIN - reduces payroll a bit to help get under luxury line this year. They also get rid of Jaric's BS deal and get a little more expiration to add to Telfair, Ratliff, Davis, etc. to help get further under the cap next year. They lose a weak first rounder, but they will have enough youngsters by then.

ORL - gets a movable contract in Juwan Howard and a key role player to re-sign in Gomes. They drastically improve their big depth and in exchange for taking on Jaric's bum deal (might be decent with a change of scenery, also keeps them from having to pay Jameer too much) Jaric also has the ability to play 3 positions which can be invaluable for a team like ORL which lacks veteran depth.

It's actually the kind of deal GMs might be interested in because it isn't too risky for either team and their isn't a ton of money switching hands.
ReturnOfJimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 07:37 PM   #26
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

any team could use him. he has veteran leadership, not every team has a guy like that. and he still could produce a good number while off the bench or starting. this guy is still useable.
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: