Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Blake Griffin: Nobody is giving me time to develop.

Griffin, I don't care about your basketball athleticism and skills, I care about your trash commercials that burn my time 20 seconds or more every time their on.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    why is he concerned about his legacy? why not concern yourself with the fact that you can't score on a old, fat Boris Diaw. Why not concern yourself with the fact that you are 23 and can't make a free throw or play defense? Defense rarely improves that much and Blake simply doesn't have the tools to get much better....

I expect someone who dances around like a prick to be able to back it up....sorry if that is too much.
    Blake had 3 blocks and 3 steals last night right? It's obvious he's capable. More a matter of proper development, coaching and mindset. He needs to take defense as seriously as offense. He does NOT lack the tools.

UVO, play Linkin Park

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Blake had 3 blocks and 3 steals last night right? It's obvious he's capable. More a matter of proper development, coaching and mindset. He needs to take defense as seriously as offense. He does NOT lack the tools.
    he didn't play good defense last night regardless of those plays. He gets beat and is out of position way too much. On the post, he is a liability on defense. He is too small to be a good defender on the block plus he is kinda light down there.

Guy lacks tools. Then look on offense. The way Diaw shut him down was a disgrace. Sad thing is that the Grizz players were doing the same thing to some extent....Blake's response: Stop judgin me so harshly. what a frontrunning bum. He better hope CP3 doesn't leave his ass

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    I would shut them up with my play and not whine to the media to give me more time
    Really? Rose complained about reffing this year and nobody called him a bitch for that. All Griffin is doing is giving his opinion of the criticism. You think he went to the media to complain? NO. Obviously TJ Simers asked him and he gave a sincere, legit answer.

Reality is people seem to have Michael Jordan level expectations of Blake. If the media's hype is setting those expectations for you... it's your stupidity getting revealed. Despite the media hyping his dunks you CANNOT possibly expect this raw PF to be a complete product in his 2nd season and 1st postseason appearance ever. Bad games for him are still very good for most PF's.

Last night he had 15, 9, 4, 3 and 1. VERY good by most PF standards. Yet in his case as a virgin of the playoffs people shit on him for it.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

It's because of people like YOU. You set high unrealistic expectations of him when he doesn't even sniff them people see him as overrated. He had a great rookie year so expectations were raised, he didn't meet them so people turned. Welcome to the NBA.

I remember arguing with you in the offseason as you expected him to do like 27\12\4 and that he had a chance to be the best PF ever. People didn't realize he was putting numbers up on a team going nowhere and the second they improved he'd statistically come back down to earth. Too much hype, too soon.

Plus he seems pretty arrogant and flops which draws alot of the hate.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    This..

He's the C.Ronaldo of basketball.. Just not good looking or that good a player
    Cristiano Ronaldo is arguably the best player in Football behind Messi, so no question. Dude has proven he can win (Champion's League, Premier League, La Liga, FIFA World Player of the Year)

National High School Star

Bets is clippersfan is Blake Griffen. ISH's comments are hurting his feelings

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Griffin, I don't care about your basketball athleticism and skills, I care about your trash commercials that burn my time 20 seconds or more every time their on.

Last night he had 15, 9, 4, 3 and 1. VERY good by most PF standards
    If only you could "see" the game. If he had a bit of skill then SAS coverage wouldn't work. They wouldn't be able to funnel CP3 like that. This isn't even getting into all the blown coverages on defense and bad man to man defense. Boris Diaw outplayed him yesterday....that isn't good by starting pf standards

Banned

He has already developed a deadly flopping game.

Thats what happens when your peaked at your first season. People love to see development of young stars, not the opposite. Blake will have to face this kind of blames if his stats and performances get worse year after year. Hed still be a good player though, but the criticism cannot be stopped so long as he plays worse than his rookie season.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    It's because of people like YOU. You set high unrealistic expectations of him when he doesn't even sniff them people see him as overrated. He had a great rookie year so expectations were raised, he didn't meet them so people turned. Welcome to the NBA.

I remember arguing with you in the offseason as you expected him to do like 27\12\4 and that he had a chance to be the best PF ever. People didn't realize he was putting numbers up on a team going nowhere and the second they improved he'd statistically come back down to earth. Too much hype, too soon.

Plus he seems pretty arrogant and flops which draws alot of the hate.
    Even if I pushed the bar higher of expectations it's stupid for people not to have perspective on the reality of the situation. BTW I did NOT say those stats for this season. I said ultimate prime for at least one season if he hits potential. I think I didn't realize how costly it would be for a raw, 2nd year big like him to not have coaches to work with him this summer.

I expect a dominant 3rd season explosion similar to what we saw with Rose, Durant, Westbrook, Love.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    If only you could "see" the game. If he had a bit of skill then SAS coverage wouldn't work. They wouldn't be able to funnel CP3 like that. This isn't even getting into all the blown coverages on defense and bad man to man defense. Boris Diaw outplayed him yesterday....that isn't good by starting pf standards
    Even with sub par D that's a good game for 99 percent of PF's in the league. It's obviously his sprained knee is affecting him too. He's so much slower and less explosive. Not exploding like usual.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    This..

He's the C.Ronaldo of basketball.. Just not good looking or that good a player
    reported.