Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Penny Hardaway talks handchecking & Kobe Bryant vs Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    you a Laker fan ??..why you got worm in your avy???

avy bet?....

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    Kareem played for the Bucks and Lakers.

"Kobe's in his era is head's above the rest"
    -Pretty Penny 2011

"Even if Kobe played in the
    "handchecking era" he could still be the same Kobe Bryant" - Pretty Penny 2011

"Michael Jordan is still better..because Kobe wanted to be like him"
    - Pretty Penny 2011

"If I played in todays era I would average 8 more points" - Pretty Penny 2011
    Last edited by AlphaWolf24; 04-05-2011 at 01:29 PM.

this is already trolling there...

if Penny hadn't have those 4 knee surgeries, there would be another guard that kobe stans would hate on for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by rodman91
    Well, GOAT played for us... it's not our fault.
    Bill Russel played for the Celtics

Quote Originally Posted by rodman91

lol

Good one...

Arcadia, CA

bruce blitz at it again, I sworn this troll would of committed suicide when kobe got his 4th

owwwww

"I probably would average 6-8 more points"

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

at his peak Penny had no flaws to his game

Good High School Starter

Whoever says hand-checking in the 2000s is dead obviously aren't watching the games. Bruce Bowen, Ron Artest, Raja Bell, Shane B, Brewer, etc.,.....you're gonna tell me that it's pure footspeed that allows them to defend? Please, handchecking is alive and well.

Now body checks and excessive contact is a different story, that was the trademark of 90s ball....doesn't mean that defenses were better. The caliber of D played by Larry Brown's Pistons and Doc's Celts is on par or greater than the Knicks, Pistons, and Heat defenses of the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9

So you don't think Penny could average between 28 and 30 ppg in this league as a 1st option ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9

For his particular game and style he meant, which he described, not necessarily for every guard.

Anyway, he did play until 2008, so he's part of both eras. Too bad he had all those injuries. He used to be such a big name, and then, like dead.

hahahahaha.... Bruce "DRAMA QUEEN" Blitz.

Penny played in the mid-late 90's, NOT the 80's or early 90's.

You guys trying to tell me Chris Mullin can average 26-27 PPG on 50-54% shooting and Kobe can't? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Penny played in the mid-late 90's, NOT the 80's or early 90's.

You guys trying to tell me Chris Mullin can average 26-27 PPG on 50-54% shooting and Kobe can't? LOL.
    Mullin was a great player. Penny entered the league in 93, and he clearly said for his style of game he would averaged that much more, which is different from Mullin's game. Then he went into detail why he feels that he in particular, (not everyone else) that he would average that much more.

Seriously, most people have comprehension problem, and that's a big problem the fact that most of humanity is like that. One person says one thing, the other understands another, and that creates miscommunication, which creates misunderstandings, and arguments, and fights, wars, etc.

Let me guess, you're putting down Mullin because he's white.

Imagine people like you in 10 years dismissing this era because of Gasol, Manu, Nash.