Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default Vote: If you were starting a franchise, would you rather have a young Kobe or Duncan?

Scenario:

- You are in control of a new franchise.

- Your goal is to win multiple championships.

- Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan are both 22-years-old.

- Both players want to play for your team.

- You have an empty roster.

Who would you rather have on your team: Kobe Bryant or Tim Duncan?

Who gives you a better chance of championship success?

Please make your vote clear and give reasons for your choice.
    Last edited by WillC; 07-14-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Default Re: Vote: If you were starting a franchise, would you rather have a young Kobe or Duncan?

Building around Duncan would be better. But the money I'd get with Kobe and his marketability is a plus if you're starting a new franchise.

So I pick Kobe. Because I'm a biased motherf[FONT="Verdana"]u[/FONT]cker too.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Vote: If you were starting a franchise, would you rather have a young Kobe or Duncan?

Duncan at any age over Kobe at any age.

Banned

Kobe.. And you already know why..

Quote Originally Posted by I LUV KOBE
    Kobe.. And you already know why..
    You assume too much. Please elaborate.

Kobe. More marketable. Players are more likely to want to come there because he has more appeal.

Decent playground baller nbarumorz's Avatar

I don't think it's much of a debate. TD is obviously an amazing player but could he have done it if he didn't have Ginobili and Parker, all three were all-star caliber players?

With Kobe the dude is marketable, more of a fan-favorite than Duncan when they are both young, and can carry a team better (IMO). Take Kobe everyday

as much as i hate tim duncan , i say tim duncan .. he's sound fundamentally and HIGH bb IQ and also he's a big man with 2 MVP"S and led his team to 4 titles .. kobe is more of a star and gets u points but he only LED his team to 2 titles.

gotta go with kobe, dude still playing at a high level late in his career so thats a plus, so you know hes reliable and can carry a team for 2 decades

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WillC
    You assume too much. Please elaborate.
    Just like Batz said.. And Im biased too..

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    gotta go with kobe, dude still playing at a high level late in his career so thats a plus, so you know hes reliable and can carry a team for 2 decades

Duncan can strongly influence games but cannot take over a game....just look at his scoring averages and highest scoring games, game winners.......plus he is terrible at the FT line....and if you need a 3....he can only hit one on rare occasions. Plus he had nowhere the extended dominance of Kobe. Obvious winner here even without marketing stuff is Kobe.....not to mentioned he owned Duncan and the Spurs head to head in the playoffs

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

If my goal is to win championships, I'm easily taking the GOAT PF here. No question.

Easily Duncan. When choosing between players who are among the best of the best to ever play the game, you always go with the dominant two-way bigman.

Duncan will win you multiple championships if you surround him with decent perimeter talent. Kobe will only win you multiple championships if you surround him with... a Tim Duncan type, which is tougher to find.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I don't think it's much of a debate. TD is obviously an amazing player but could he have done it if he didn't have Ginobili and Parker, all three were all-star caliber players?
    He did it when neither were even close to being all stars. He was out there having 34/24/6/6 games owning the league in the playoffs and winning it all when neither of them were worth much discussion. Tony might have been Bobby Jackson level in 2003 and he was outplaying Manu at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    He did it when neither were even close to being all stars. He was out there having 34/24/6/6 games owning the league in the playoffs and winning it all when neither of them were worth much discussion. Tony might have been Bobby Jackson level in 2003 and he was outplaying Manu at the time.
    What is Duncan's playoff record head to head with the Lakers