Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: I see what the Rockets are doing.. Lin-Dwight = Yao-Mac pt 2?!

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    Awesome! T-Mac shows so much swag in this video.

I dont fault him one bit for this showing. He was physically hurting at that point.
    Except for the fact that a few games earlier, after dunking on Tyrus Thomas, he said he was "back". I guess he ws just joking...

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
    Except for the fact that a few games earlier, after dunking on Tyrus Thomas, he said he was "back". I guess he ws just joking...
    Oh I didn't know about that. I think a lot of the time T-Mac overestimated his health. He makes too many claims about being "back" and is then forced to sit out a game or 2 due to pain or fatigue.

Banned

T-Mac gave Yao 30/7/7 his first season as a Rocket in the PLAYOFFS.
    Awesome, he put up big numbers against a team that allowed for stars to put up big numbers and a team that hardly played defense.

I'm sure Tmac won the series putting up those numbers. Oh wait, he got knocked out of the 1st round as always and lost by like 40 in that game 7.

What did Yao give T-Mac? 31 minutes of play and only 0.3 more rebounds??? LMAOOOOO f*ck..... OUTTA HERE!!!
    Better rebounding, better defense, more efficient scoring, and better overall post-season performances unless you just want to talk about 2005.

How many times did Tmac get past the 1st round and how many times did Yao get past the 1st round in Houston? Feel free to let me know.

You don't know? I'll let you know then, Yao got past the 1st round in 2009 without McGrady playing at all in the post-season.

As a matter of fact, the Rockets were 20-15 when McGrady was playing in 2009 while the Rockets were 33-14 without McGrady playing that season.

Forever 2nd round virgin.

I dont fault him one bit for this showing. He was physically hurting at that point.
    He sure gave it his all in that video.

http://blog.chron.com/franblinebury/...tonight-6-p-m/

Anybody who was watching at the Air Canada Centre or on TV knows it was the precise moment that Tracy McGrady quit on the Rockets.
    You said Tmac gave it his all and I'm telling you are full of shit and thanks to WockaVodka for showing that video of Tmac being that quitting loser that he is.
    Last edited by StateOfMind12; 07-14-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Yes let's ignore the fact that T-Mac was the one spearheading a 21 game win streak with Yao missing a lot of it and focus on a season when he was hobbled.

Yao was lucky to advance against a weaker team.

You are more insane than previously thought if you think Yao was a better postseason player.

Banned

Yes let's ignore the fact that T-Mac was the one spearheading a 21 game win streak with Yao missing a lot of it and focus on a season when he was hobbled.
    Why am I suppose to care about what Tmac did for a certain number of games in the regular season?

Yao was lucky to advance against a weaker team.
    Yao was lucky that Tmac missed about 50 games that season considering how much better the Rockets were without Tmac because if tmac was playing 50 more games that season the Rockets would have been the 7th-8th seed and get trounced out of the 1st round again with Tmac as always.

The Rockets were 20-15 when McGrady was playing in 2009 while the Rockets were 33-14 without McGrady playing that season.

You are more insane than previously thought if you think Yao was a better postseason player.
    I liked how you ignore my question about what happened in the 2007 playoffs when the Rockets were favorite to get past the 1st round.

Tmac shot a FG% of 39% in that series and like a TS% or 47%. He was adept offensively for that team and choked like the puss he is. Yao never shot that pathetically as a matter of fact he put up 25/10 with a TS% of 55% in that playoff series.

Yes, Yao is the better post-season player because unlike Tmac he actually got past the 1st round and without Tmac too which makes it even more humiliating for Tmac.
    Last edited by StateOfMind12; 07-14-2012 at 02:53 PM.

U mirin my face?

You said he gave it his all and that video clearly shows that he did not give it his all.

If you want to know why Houston boos him at the Toyota Center it is for a plethora of reasons.

One reason being that he got knee surgery in 2009 without telling anyone in Feb. because he was in the trading block and in trade rumors and he didn't want to get traded to a bad team specifically the Nets for his cousin Vince Carter. He purposely ruined the Rockets chance that season at getting further in the playoffs and getting better talent in return. It is why he got traded in 2010 and it was because Adelman was pissed at him for purposely doing that so Adelman refused to give him much playing time and Tmac forced his way out of Houston for good.

The other reason is due to the fact that he was massive underachiever in Houston. Everybody in Houston thought and wanted him to play like the way he did in Orlando and he never came close.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

I will say this until the day I die:

Tracy Mcgrady=Didier Drogba

Both physically tough to match-up with.

Both gifted scorers who at some point were considered the top-3 scorers.

Both unstoppable when they put their mind to it. Unstoppable.

Both struggled with focus issues that held them back from becoming top tier legends.

The thing that makes Drogba a legend though is his big moment success. He has championships and he was a major factor in all the Cups and titles Chelsea won with him.

Rockets fans I'm sure wish they could say the same for T-Mac but they can't. However I don't blame Mcgrady. It's not like every time he went out in the playoffs he laid a stinker, it just never happened for him. And that's a shame because his talent is to be recognized and remembered. He is still one of my favorite players to watch all-time.

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Why am I suppose to care about what Tmac did for a certain number of games in the regular season?
    Wow, you are all over the place and making a hypocrite of yourself. You're gonna cite me a stat about the Rockets regular season record, and then ask me why are you supposed to care about what T-Mac did for a number of regular season games? LOL, wtf.

Yao was lucky that Tmac missed about 50 games that season considering how much better the Rockets were without Tmac because if tmac was playing 50 more games that season the Rockets would have been the 7th-8th seed and get trounced out of the 1st round again with Tmac as always.

The Rockets were 20-15 when McGrady was playing in 2009 while the Rockets were 33-14 without McGrady playing that season.
    I'm not going to defend T-Mac in a season where he was clearly dealing with serious physical ailments. All I know is that if T-Mac were in his 2005 playoff form, he would have certainly contributed to the team's success in 2009.

I liked how you ignore my question about what happened in the 2007 playoffs when the Rockets were favorite to get past the 1st round.

Tmac shot a FG% of 39% in that series and like a TS% or 47%. He was adept offensively for that team and choked like the puss he is. Yao never shot that pathetically as a matter of fact he put up 25/10 with a TS% of 55% in that playoff series.

Yes, Yao is the better post-season player because unlike Tmac he actually got past the 1st round and without Tmac too which makes it even more humiliating for Tmac.
    The Utah Jazz simply looked like the better team in that series. The Rockets being the favorite means nothing since the two teams were evenly matched going into the series. Any advantage they may have had would be slight at best.

People want to sometimes accuse T-Mac of being a statpadder, but Yao was even guiltier if you ask me. He didn't score in a variety of ways to force the defense to adjust. Always going over his one defender with that soft touch on his jumper. It's not like he was an impact player that defenses zeroed in on.

Lin and Dwight would be cool, but it's probably not gonna happen.

Don't see how anyone could hate on T-Mac though, it's not like he quit on his team in the playoffs or anything. 40 points in the elimination game against the Jazz. The Jazz were just better that year. T-Mac's a phenomenal player, he was just really unlucky with the injuries and such.

Weren't they playing horse?

Banned

I'm not going to defend T-Mac in a season where he was clearly dealing with serious physical ailments. All I know is that if T-Mac were in his 2005 playoff form, he would have certainly contributed to the team's success in 2009.
    Too bad we aren't talking about what Tmac did in 2005 for one year and we are talking about what Tmac did in his entire tenure in Houston. He quit in 2009 and in his lasting days in Houston and that is why he gets booed.

The Utah Jazz simply looked like the better team in that series. The Rockets being the favorite means nothing since the two teams were evenly matched going into the series. Any advantage they may have had would be slight at best.
    They were the favorite and Tmac choked and played like a vag in that series. It's plain and simple.

People want to sometimes accuse T-Mac of being a statpadder, but Yao was even guiltier if you ask me. He didn't score in a variety of ways to force the defense to adjust. Always going over his one defender with that soft touch on his jumper. It's not like he was an impact player that defenses zeroed in on.
    Yes, Yao saw zero double teams, they just let him do whatever he wanted.

Too bad we aren't talking about what Tmac did in 2005 for one year and we are talking about what Tmac did in his entire tenure in Houston. He quit in 2009 and in his lasting days in Houston and that is why he gets booed.
    His body breaking down has a lot to do with him giving up, and that's why I find it difficult to boo him. He had chronic back issues that cut his physical training short, which led to other problem areas as an athletic explosive specimen.

They were the favorite and Tmac choked and played like a vag in that series. It's plain and simple.
    They were decided the favorite off a coin toss most likely. Their regular season record was only 1 game better than Utah, and they lost the regular season head-to-head series 3-1. And, they clearly looked like the inferior all-around team as the postseason series went on.

Yes, Yao saw zero double teams, they just let him do whatever he wanted.
    Pretty much. Yao was a soft, quiet offensive player who had two go-to moves that didn't require any double-teaming basically since he went over the top of defenders. Let's not forget his butterfingers as he led the team in turnovers by an overwhelming amount that series. Let's not forget that he averaged less than 1 block per game. No interior D whatsoever.

So hilarious that you want to criticize T-Mac for being soft, yet you give Yao a free pass. Yeah... what a banger he was in the middle

Banned

His body breaking down has a lot to do with him giving up, and that's why I find it difficult to boo him. He had chronic back issues that cut his physical training short, which led to other problem areas as an athletic explosive specimen.
    Big shit, plenty of players play hurt and give it their all (see Mike Miller), he doesn't and he surely didn't in Houston which was my point and a response to your asinine statement of Tmac giving his all which he clearly didn't.

Pretty much. Yao was a soft, quiet offensive player who had two go-to moves that didn't require any double-teaming basically since he went over the top of defenders.
    I guess you couldn't see the facepalm or the eye rolls in my post.

Let's not forget his butterfingers as he led the team in turnovers by an overwhelming amount that series. Let's not forget that he averaged less than 1 block per game. No interior D whatsoever.
    Lets not forget that Yao was the one that led the Rockets past the 1st round in 2009 and without Tmac whereas Tmac still never played in a 2nd round game when he left.

My point was to simply laugh at your statement about how Tmac gave it his all in Houston which is full of shit. If you want to bring up Orlando Tmac then I wouldn't disagree or argue with you although Tmac admitted that he gave up in his last season in Orlando.

-

rush hour 2012

Big shit, plenty of players play hurt and give it their all (see Mike Miller), he doesn't and he surely didn't in Houston which was my point and a response to your asinine statement of Tmac giving his all which he clearly didn't.
    WOW WOW WOW, you just did not compare Mike Miller who had only one limited role for that Heat squad to T-Mac who was expected to do a wide array of things on offense for 40+ minutes. You seriously think their situations are the same in managing injuries???

Lets not forget that Yao was the one that led the Rockets past the 1st round in 2009 and without Tmac whereas Tmac still never played in a 2nd round game when he left.
    Yao didn't play that stellar to advance against the inferior Blazers. And, he got abused by Boozer in 2007 as C-Booze outrebounded him and shot a much better percentage. That was the story of the series more than T-Mac's shooting woes.