Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Da Mavs

Default Re: Isiah Thomas: "Michael Jordan couldnt have played through those cramps".

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    I'm confused... So Jordan had cramps, went back in the game and... played through it?
    http://elitedaily.com/sports/michael...cramps/623758/

Yes, he came back but at that point, Utah had taken control of the game. Point is that he asked to sit at a critical time in the game...because he had to. Cramps are no joke. If MJ could, he would have stayed on the court too. Somethings one can play through (sprained ankle in the moment), other things...like not having legs that move...not so much.

Most of the people criticizing LBJ for "oh, just cramps" probably get winded from carrying in the groceries from the car.

5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Boston 1984 game 5

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Yeah, it's quite clear that last night's game was nowhere near as hot as that game in Boston.

They had oxygen tanks on the bench that game.

Last night you saw people fanning themselves to keep cool. When it's really hot and humid, you don't do that, you just accept the heat.
    Why is it clear?

Boston knew before hand and wasn't bashful about showing that they knew the AC would go out. It was over 100 degrees on the floor in Miami - that's definitely reason enough to have oxygen. Its likely somebody in the audience will sue over this - if their inhalers ran out.

And a couple of people on ESPN said they were at the Boston game and said this game was hotter.

5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Isiah Thomas: "Michael Jordan couldnt have played through those cramps".

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    AT&T Arena last night: 88 degrees
    Boston Garden 1984 Finals Game 5: 98 Degrees

Bird had 34 pts (15-20 shooting) and 17 Rbs.

And let's not forget that Bron originally asked to be taken out the game because SA was 'tryna smoke em out'.
    They were giving the temperatures during the game and all of that I heard were over 90 and the last over a 100 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Solefade
    Mike Wilbon after the game said himself that he was at that Boston game and the game last night was way hotter
    As you get older, your body is affected by heat stress more than it is when you're younger.

Wilbon is 55 now.

25-year-old Wilbon wouldn't complain about the heat nearly as much as 55-year-old Wilbon.

So it seemed hotter to him because he didn't have the capacity to endure like his younger self.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Anyone who questions James' physical toughness need only look at the sheer numbers to see they're barking up the wrong tree. The guy has been playing 75+ regular season games plus long playoff runs on 40+ minutes a night for a decade.

I think it's fair to assume if he could have continued, he would have continued. Don't let your dislike of the guy cloud your reasoning. He has been an ironman in the NBA.

HGH is a wonderful drug.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Why is it clear?

Boston knew before hand and wasn't bashful about showing that they knew the AC would go out. It was over 100 degrees on the floor in Miami - that's definitely reason enough to have oxygen. Its likely somebody in the audience will sue over this - if their inhalers ran out.

And a couple of people on ESPN said they were at the Boston game and said this game was hotter.

Horrible post. The Boston Garden HAD no A/C period. I guess a closed up building in Miami could hit 100? I doubt it though, being closed up it would stay pretty cool. A couple of people on ESPN at both games? That would make them 30 years older? SMH. They reported 88 degrees all night. Stop with the conspiracy theories and exaggerations. The Spurs starters are old men, you are insane.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/isiah-t...071514640.html

"There is no athlete on the planet who could've played through those cramps," Thomas told Yahoo Sports. "Michael Jordan absolutely couldn't have played through those cramps. I absolutely couldn't have played through those cramps. As an athlete, there's nothing you could do."

I saw Kobe play with one arm.

Obviously not the same as one leg, but I never saw a player hurt his shooting arm to the point he couldn't even move it and yet stay in the game with literally only using his left. That was amazing because any other player that catches a injury like that would absolutely be done for the game.

On top of that he scored like 17 points with shooting only with the left