Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Default Who has the most pure talent: Prime Tracy McGrady or Lebron James?

If you took away all the intangibles like heart, will, leadership, stuff like that, just pure skill.

I think Tracy had the better range, ball handling, and shot, while Lebron has the edge in court vision and athleticism. Probably the two most skilled players in the last decade.

Who you got?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Who has the most pure talent: Prime Tracy McGrady or Lebron James?

Lebron by a pretty decent margin.

L
    E
    B
    R
    O
    N

J
    A
    M
    E
    S

Banned

I Say T-Mac , He put up some sick stats back then 30+ppg and T-Mac Just landed on the wrong team.

If T-mac landed on a team like spurs , hes maturity and skill level will prolly top kobe.

7-time NBA All-Star

Tough choice, Tracy was the smoother player, but Lebron is faster and a lot more powerful and has a better vert(though T-Mac was no slouch there).

T-Mac was a better shooter, off the ball player and he had longer arms. I think he had more of a scorer's mentality as well. Might've been a better ball handler, though Lebron's handles are incredible for his size. While T-Mac was a great passer, I'll give Lebron the edge there. Rebounding is close.

Talent is pretty close, unfortunately, T-Mac didn't maintain his peak level of play(2003), in fact, while he was elite in other seasons, he was never at that level any other season.

Banned

Lebron was faster, stronger, they could probably jump about equally high. TMac had much larger hands and much longer arms. Probably Lebron, just because TMac had a lot more skill to get to a similar level of play of Lebron.

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

LeBron for me by decent but not big margin. His physical attributes are part of his talent. They dwarf T-Mac's talents imo, not in stats, but in the fact that he can mesh well with other good players and T-Mac couldn't.

T-Mac was one of my favorite players for the first half of the last decade though. Didn't get enough attention for his skills since he wasn't on any winners.

TMac at his peak was an absolute complete player. There wasnt anything he could not do based on individual play. just didnt and never had a complete team. and then injuries killed his career. Its been a sad career for him. Lebron has more talent but never utilized all of them to become as complete as a player as TMac had. However we see Lebron as more of a disappointment because he has so much potential and doesnt utilize all of them.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Tmac was a longer kobe; extremely skilled at all facets of the game, incredibly clutch, and could pile on points quick.

Lebron is only slightly more talented because lebron is a physical beast.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by SinJackal
    LeBron for me by decent but not big margin. His physical attributes are part of his talent. They dwarf T-Mac's talents imo, not in stats, but in the fact that he can mesh well with other good players and T-Mac couldn't.

T-Mac was one of my favorite players for the first half of the last decade though. Didn't get enough attention for his skills since he wasn't on any winners.
    I think the OP mentioned, excluding intangibles.

T-Mac is also one of my favorite players and people forget that earlier in his career, he was a versatile defensive player.

And I won't hold him not winning against him, his teams were trash. Atleast Lebron's lesser casts played defense, hustled and he had serviceable big men, not a 300+ pound Shawn Kemp who stood out there and bricked jumpers.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    I think the OP mentioned, excluding intangibles.

T-Mac is also one of my favorite players and people forget that earlier in his career, he was a versatile defensive player.

And I won't hold him not winning against him, his teams were trash. Atleast Lebron's lesser casts played defense, hustled and he had serviceable big men, not a 300+ pound Shawn Kemp who stood out there and bricked jumpers.
    That I did. Based solely on talent.

What's the difference between pure talent and talent?

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    What's the difference between pure talent and talent?
    Same thing I guess. Just emphasizing the point of talent, and not intangibles.

tmac its about even

I'd say LeBron is the better ball handler. However, with everything considered I'd probably say that T-Mac had more pure talent. The only thing separating them is LeBrons insane athleticism, strength, and ball handling.