Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: How much seprarated 2006-2008 Kobe and 2012-2014 LeBron? (peak play)

Kobe > on offense.. more dominant scorer, slightly worse passer but not prone to shooting collapse/lack of confidence (2013) or protecting efficiency numbers at expense of team (2014)

Lebron is slightly better on defense and rebounding but as a perimeter player its not much to look at (ie david west and hibbert being able to destroy heat frontline, with LeBron supposedly being able to defend/rebound with 4's and 5's)

Overall close but kobe just more skilled, adaptable and optimal against high end competition.

Default Re: How much seprarated 2006-2008 Kobe and 2012-2014 LeBron? (peak play)

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Kobe > on offense.. more dominant scorer, slightly worse passer but not prone to shooting collapse/lack of confidence (2013) or protecting efficiency numbers at expense of team (2014)

Lebron is slightly better on defense and rebounding but as a perimeter player its not much to look at (ie david west and hibbert being able to destroy heat frontline, with LeBron supposedly being able to defend/rebound with 4's and 5's)

Overall close but kobe just more skilled, adaptable and optimal against high end competition.
    How did Lebron protect efficiency numbers at the expense of his team?

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    How did Lebron protect efficiency numbers at the expense of his team?
    by not going all out when his team needed him to.. everyone acts like 2014 finals was some massive one sided affair when heat were within a play or two (before cramps) of winning game 1 and won game 2.. the tone was set early on and that low volume, passive approach fed directly into spurs hands

for data purposes bron took 22 shots in wins that series and 17 shots in all losses... including 14 shots in swing game with series tied 1-1. That's pathetic.
    Last edited by tpols; 08-22-2015 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 20Four
    In b4 Jt123 comes in here
    I've got your ass on a leash. You're my puppet. Dance puppet dance!

Pretty damn close.

I would learn toward LeBron just because of those performances against Indiana, Boston (arguably the GOAT elimination game) and EPIC game 7 vs SA.

Bron doesn't get a lot of credit for the play he had in pressurized situations. Even I'm guilty of underrating him in that regard.

by not going all out when his team needed him to.. everyone acts like 2014 finals was some massive one sided affair when heat were within a play or two (before cramps) of winning game 1 and won game 2.. the tone was set early on and that low volume, passive approach fed directly into spurs hands

for data purposes bron took 22 shots in wins that series and 17 shots in all losses... including 14 shots in swing game with series tied 1-1. That's pathetic.
    It was one-sided. The series wasn't even close in the last 3 games, the Spurs completely murdered Miami's defense.

That series wasn't about Bron, it was about Miami's team defense as a whole. Lebron taking 4-5 more shots wouldn't have changed shit with the way the Spurs were shooting the ball.

It was one-sided. The series wasn't even close in the last 3 games, the Spurs completely murdered Miami's defense.

That series wasn't about Bron, it was about Miami's team defense as a whole. Lebron taking 4-5 more shots wouldn't have changed shit with the way the Spurs were shooting the ball.
    Sure it could have.. kawhi went off in swing games with little to no response from Lebron. The series at first.. for 40% of the entirety was very close. The floodgates opened in game 3 when Leanord took over (going 10/13 for 29 points while bron only attempted 14 shots) and never were stopped there after. You're using pure hindsight in your analysis

Sure it could have.. kawhi went off in swing games with little to no response from Lebron. The series at first.. for 40% of the entirety was very close. The floodgates opened in game 3 when Leanord took over (going 10/13 for 29 points while bron only attempted 14 shots) and never were stopped there after. You're using pure hindsight in your analysis
    I'm just being realistic.

The ****ing Spurs shot 61.3 eFG% in the last 3 games...

I don't think any team has ever shot that well over 3 games in the history of the finals.

I just don't see how a couple more shot attempts by Bron makes that big of a difference. You don't beat a team like that by yourself, you need your teammates to contribute offensively and a strong team defense which Miami didn't have. They were clearly outmatched.

I'm just being realistic.

The ****ing Spurs shot 61.3 eFG% in the last 3 games...

I don't think any team has ever shot that well over 3 games in the history of the finals.

I just don't see how a couple more shot attempts by Bron makes that big of a difference. You don't beat a team like that by yourself, you need your teammates to contribute offensively and a strong team defense which Miami didn't have. They were clearly outmatched.

well.. I believe that that extreme effeiency was the result of great momentum being built on the account of no counter strike being leveled against them.. thats what i saw and what the contextual numbers bare out.

You can disagree I'm not saying you're wrong or anything
    Last edited by tpols; 08-23-2015 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    Well 2009 was a down year when lots of good defensive players were injured. I was talking about in general of the timespan when LeBron was at his best defensively which certainly wasn't 2012 to 2014 which is what is being talked about in this thread. Bringing up shit from 2009 isn't really relevant when talking about 2012-2014 LeBron
    First you stated Lebron has never been DPOY runner up, and Shuttlesworth called you on that bullshit.
    Then you responded to a pic of 09 DPOY voting and said the voting was fake because Lebron was better than players that didn't even play half the season. I called you out on that bullshit.
    Again, just admit you have no idea what you're talking about.

Kobe > on offense.. more dominant scorer, slightly worse passer
    No lol he wasn't. Attempting more shots doesn't equal better nor more dominant scorer.
    And the passing discrepancy in passing is much more than slightly.

Banned

Warriorfan knows NOTHING about basketball. Kid is scrambling through this thread changing his argument every which way.

3-time NBA All-Star

If young kobe could easily destroy prime spurs while prime bran got destroyed by grandpa spurs. Then there is really no comparison between the 2. Theres a reason why bran is 2/6 while kobe 5/7

Local High School Star MoBe1Kanobi's Avatar

Kobe at his peak just played EXACTLY LIKE MICHAEL JORDAN

LeBron at his peak plays like blake griffin with better handles and lamar odom level passing ability (very good) but still inconsistent jumper and unreliable in the 4th

Who gives af what the stats say

Stats are a quick summary of the game to try to explain what happened to people who didnt see the game

Stats are NOT the game

Not at all

Watch the game

If you think prime kob is worse than prime bron than u think prime bron is better than prime jordan

That simple

Local High School Star KirbyPls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoBe1Kanobi
    Kobe at his peak just played EXACTLY LIKE MICHAEL JORDAN

LeBron at his peak plays like blake griffin with better handles and lamar odom level passing ability (very good) but still inconsistent jumper and unreliable in the 4th

Who gives af what the stats say

Stats are a quick summary of the game to try to explain what happened to people who didnt see the game

Stats are NOT the game

Not at all

Watch the game

If you think prime kob is worse than prime bron than u think prime bron is better than prime jordan

That simple