Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How often do trolls in here change their opinion or admit that they are wrong?

INB4 some1 turns this against me.

but it's a legit question

Default Re: How often do trolls in here change their opinion or admit that they are wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by nba_55
    legit question
    Never

Default Re: How often do trolls in here change their opinion or admit that they are wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Never
    then, why do members in here keep arguing with them? What are they trying to accomplish by doing that? Why do people keep arguing with 3ball or euroleague, etc?

then, why do members in here keep arguing with them? What are they trying to accomplish by doing that? Why do people keep arguing with 3ball or euroleague, etc?
    For the innocent lurkers

INB4 some1 turns this against me.

but it's a legit question

No it's not by definition trolls don't admit they are wrong or change opinion or they wouldn't be trolls

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    No it's not by definition trolls don't admit they are wrong or change opinion or they wouldn't be trolls
    you are right, but this one is legit:
    Why do members in here keep arguing with them?

you are right, but this one is legit:
    Why do members in here keep arguing with them?
    3ball is literally insane. I have no idea why people even get into spam contests with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    3ball is literally insane. I have no idea why people even get into spam contests with him.
    You think 3ball is insane, be glad you never met lakersreign. Dumbest and craziest poster ever

College superstar

I never truly though 3ball was insane until today.. and his "results oriented" argument.

But I continued to have discussions with him because I hoped that if I could show him how illogical his arguments were, that he may recant them. Not disagreeing with his opinion, but with his "facts" and double standards, etc.

Also, for the "innocent bystander" as another poster pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    I never truly though 3ball was insane until today.. and his "results oriented" argument.

But I continued to have discussions with him because I hoped that if I could show him how illogical his arguments were, that he may recant them. Not disagreeing with his opinion, but with his "facts" and double standards, etc.

Also, for the "innocent bystander" as another poster pointed out.
    how did the discussion end? He continued to post the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    For the innocent lurkers
    it doesn't help because responding to troll encourages more trolling. All they want is reactions. More reactions mean more trolling.

College superstar

how did the discussion end? He continued to post the same thing?
    It ended because I stopped responding, because he didn't refute my question, that was essentially "did you really just say that we need to consider the player Pippen COULD HAVE BEEN in a different situation?".

Serious playground baller

it doesn't help because responding to troll encourages more trolling. All they want is reactions. More reactions mean more trolling.
    yup, 3ball literally spams topics, deletes and edits his own posts so he can bump old threads, and copy and pastes his own post repeatedly just so he can fish for replies.

I never seen a troll so desperate for attention in my life.

I wish we could get some site wide agreement to all ignore him, it would be hilarious, he would spam 20 topics a day, trying to bait arguments and once he sees that no1 replies to him he would probably go into meltdown mode but I doubt people on this site have the self control to not reply to him.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

I've never seen it on here.

This simply isn't a forum where people are looking to discuss things and alter their opinions. It's one of the reasons I barely participate in the LBJ/Kobe/MJ/Wilt discussions on here anymore. Everyone has their opinion and is set in it. You could completely logically debunk their opinion, and they'll come back the next day saying the same garbage.

I seriously don't know how guys like Laz/CavsFTW write essay after essay trying to explain Wilt to someone who will trash Wilt no matter what kind of argument you present. Same goes for the guys participating in all the LBJ/Kobe/MJ stuff. I see guys like kenneth, 3ball, etc. on here constantly getting in the same arguments over and over and getting nowhere with them. I just don't get how they haven't gotten sick of it.

I once thought op wasn't a faggot.
    Last edited by chips93; 08-11-2015 at 12:27 AM.