Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Stalkerforlife a pedo

Default Re: Lebron increases his teams assist ratio

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh
    Stop posting the same shit you ****ing autist. Of course Lebron's teammates assists number will go down. He's the one running the show with the ball in his hands. It clearly works out ok considering his all time great production, 4 MVPs, 2 championships ad consistently top offense. I don't have the numbers in front of me but I'm sure the assists numbers for teammates of players like Magic, Nash, CP3, etc. go down as well
    You are a pathetic piece of shi*
    Last edited by DavisIsMyUniBro; 10-03-2015 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    So did Nash, and other similarly underachieving players.

And that's the whole point - Lebron's teams underachieve and lose to equal or less talented teams... Since Lebron significantly reduces the PPG and APG of his teammates, they aren't playing to capacity alongside him, so his TEAM never reaches it's ceiling and perennially underachieves.

Lebron's teams actually play more suboptimally than Nash and CP3's... Those guys dominate the ball too much, but all teams have a PG, and therefore a player that is low-assisted and dominates the ball... But Lebron's abnormal ball-dominance from the forward position gives his team a SECOND low-assisted, ball-dominator in addition to the PG.

This redundancy of ball-dominance and low-assisted play creates an inequitable distribution of playmaking that prevents the kind of equal-opportunity offenses that all the great teams use (Bird's Celtics, 90's Bulls, Mavs, Spurs, Warriors)... Since Lebron's ball-dominance prevents his teams from playing the best brand of basketball, equal or less-talented opponents are able to pull upsets by playing a better brand of basketball (2009, 2011, 2014)..
    Nash's teams didn't lose because they weren't "optimal", they lost because they were average defensively and couldn't stop the Spurs' offense.

This is what you can't grasp - teams don't just lose because of what happens on offense. You need a solid team effort on defense to win a championship. All those teams (Celtics, Bulls, Spurs, Warriors, etc.) were elite defenses that played shut down defense in the postseason.

Stalkerforlife a pedo

2 things.

1, this entire thing in general is irrellevant.

Im not even arguing against you mate. but "so did nash" lol

The suns offense, since this is an offensive arguement, improved dramatically during the post season

defense was pretty crap though.

3-time NBA All-Star

bran is an insecure fakkit. He knows hes not on the same level as jordan/kobe so he tries to make that up by statpadding .. Just like a book, if you cant create a great content then focus on the cover(stats). Thats the strategy for bran Same with wilt/oscar. Coz there are still lots of stupid fans like OP who would judge a book by its cover

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by DavisIsMyUniBro
    You are a pathetic piece of shi*
    You autistic bro?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    using your logic, lebron raises the wins for his teammates.
    isn't that the most important thing?
    MJ stans don't give a shit about wins

The Bulls won 60 games without MJ, so obviously wins is the last thing they wanna talk about.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    You autistic bro?
    and he censored the word shit.

Looks like it.

Stalkerforlife a pedo

Quote Originally Posted by Vaniiiia
    and he censored the word shit.

Looks like it.
    Lol
    R u still salty xD

Signing off today lol.

Very good NBA starter

Lol
    R u still salty xD

Signing off today lol.
    using xD in 2015

Confirmed autist

Banned

Lol
    R u still salty xD

Signing off today lol.
    using xD ever

Confirmed autist.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhsilv

Unless you can show that Lebron's team are poor passing teams based on the league as a whole, you've not really made a significant point.
    That's too much work, that's unnecessary given the huge sample we already have - I'm very comforable knowing that virtually all of Lebron's teams pass much less than MJ, Magic, and Bird's teams, and also the teams that beat him in Finals (Spurs, Warriors, Mavs).

We're talking ALL of Lebron's teams - that's good enough for me... But go ahead and calculate the other teams - you're not wasting that time for me though, because I don't need the data.. I have what I need.

Again you add TWO elite scorer who traditionally had the ball in their hands... This isn't the same as adding ONE scorer.
    You're in denial on this one and ignoring the facts - when you put 3 good scorers together, the assist opportunities GOES UP, not down.

Look at how MJ and Pippen's assists were HIGHER playing alongside each other - Pippen has more opportunity to assist MJ than a lesser player, and ditto for MJ assisting Pippen.

coaches run different systems
    Not for Lebron's teams - all his teams run Lebron-ball... Remember, all teams have a PG, and therefore a player that is low-assisted and dominates the ball - but Lebron's abnormal ball-dominance from the forward position gives his team a SECOND low-assisted, ball-dominator in addition to the PG.

This redundancy of ball-dominance and low-assisted play creates an inequitable distribution of playmaking that prevents the kind of equal-opportunity offenses that all the great teams use (Bird's Celtics, 90's Bulls, Mavs, Spurs, Warriors)... Since Lebron's ball-dominance prevents his teams from playing the best brand of basketball, equal or less-talented opponents are able to pull upsets by playing a better brand of basketball (2009, 2011, 2014)..

the real goal of a team is points per possession.
    It doesn't matter than Lebron's teams had good offenses - a lot of guys had teams with good offenses.. But Lebron's teams don't play to capacity because he significantly lowers the PPG and APG of his teammates.. Since his teams don't play to capacity, they're susceptible to being upset by teams of equal or lesser talent who ARE playing to capacity (2009, 2011, 2014).

Btw, your entire post was just making stuff up and NOT addressing any of the points I made - you never addressed the reality that Lebron adds a SECOND low-assisted, ball-dominator to his teams - it's a statistical FACT that adding another low-assisted player reduces the assist capacity of the team... 2+2=4.
    Last edited by 3ball; 10-03-2015 at 07:32 PM.

Good High School Starter dreamwarrior's Avatar

I never saw a single game where MJ (even as a PG) after crossing the line held onto the ball for 7 seconds or longer and rarely over 5.