Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Greatest players of all time list: Insidehoops vs Real GM vs Pro Sports Daily

bran is the only top 10 that cant attract double teams. Embarrassing to be a fan of his. So ISH is the best top 10

Good High School Starter

Default Re: Greatest players of all time list: Insidehoops vs Real GM vs Pro Sports Daily

1. Jordan (The GOAT)
    2. Kareem (co-GOAT C) (best longevity + amazing Peak)
    3. Shaq (co-GOAT C) (best Peak + amazing longevity)

4. Russell (gotta put him somewhere)
    5. Magic (offensive GOAT)
    6. Duncan (very good offense, great defense, great longevity)
    7. Hakeem (scores like Kobe, blocks shots like Russell)

8. Lebron (3rd highest PER ever)
    9. Bird (skill/unselfishness/bbiq/leadership)

10. Wilt (regular-season master. first giant of the second age)
    Last edited by ShaqTwizzle; 10-02-2015 at 11:14 PM.

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

As a Kobe hater, it's a disgrace to have him below Lebron.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Asukal
    LOL at using advanced stats.

Kareem in his prime played in the 70's where he had no competition for best player and still found a way to somehow lose against weaker teams.
    So you have an opinion you don't even support with facts and that trumps the basic stats we have to judge players today?

Do people really think Russell was a better player than Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, Hakeem....?

Russell would be easily the most hurt all-time great had he not win any ring while maintaining his level of play.

Quote Originally Posted by dhsilv
    So you have an opinion you don't even support with facts and that trumps the basic stats we have to judge players today?
    What is not fact? That KAJ kept on losing even with HCA until Magic came? That's not my opinion, it happened.

What is not fact? That KAJ kept on losing even with HCA until Magic came? That's not my opinion, it happened.
    Just like Mj never got out of the 1st rd till scottie and Phil came along, Shaq never won without an elite guard, Lebron never won till Miami, kobe never won without an elite big, etc. I don't see it as a major talking point.

No matter how good you are, you need a good team to win a chip

There are really few exceptions to this

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    Just like Mj never got out of the 1st rd till scottie and Phil came along, Shaq never won without an elite guard, Lebron never won till Miami, kobe never won without an elite big, etc. I don't see it as a major talking point.
    Except when MJ was losing in the first round, the league was dominated by great teams. KAJ lost to teams he should've beat. Are you are going to tell me the best teams of the 70's are equal or better than the great 80's teams? 1

EDIT: Let me add the fact that KAJ only won 2 FMVP's in his 6 titles. I really don't see any argument for him over Russell.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

It's crazy how much RealGM disrespects Kobe.

Would've love to see that place around the 2peat.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    it seems the one list that is most common with inner nba circles is ISH
    Inner NBA circles? Are there people out there talking about ISH's 2012 Top 10 list that I don't know about?

Or might it just be because this is the list you most agree with so you want to claim ti's the best? Not to mention it's the most outdated whereas the other two were done after LeBron had won two rings instead of just one. Throw that in on top of ISH being an insane asylum run by the inmates, and there's absolutely not question that out of those three top 10s, ISH's is the most unreliable.

Except when MJ was losing in the first round, the league was dominated by great teams. KAJ lost to teams he should've beat. Are you are going to tell me the best teams of the 70's are equal or better than the great 80's teams? 1

EDIT: Let me add the fact that KAJ only won 2 FMVP's in his 6 titles. I really don't see any argument for him over Russell.
    Excuses, excuses, excuses. Write him up another pass folks. Quit getting your panties in a bunch, point was every great didn't win without help. Without exception. So if you want to hold that against kareem, hold it against Mj too. You weren't even born to say what teams he should have beaten or not dude. Every criticism you can think up has happened to the top 10 list. Some guys multiple criticisms, nobody's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    Excuses, excuses, excuses. Write him up another pass folks. Quit getting your panties in a bunch, point was every great didn't win without help. Without exception. So if you want to hold that against kareem, hold it against Mj too. You weren't even born to say what teams he should have beaten or not dude. Every criticism you can think up has happened to the top 10 list. Some guys multiple criticisms, nobody's perfect.
    Every criticism?

Like say MJ won only 2 FMVP's out of his 6 titles? Oh wait...

How bout you tell me how many FMVP's should Russ get out of his 11 titles? I'm sure it isn't only 2 out of 11 possible ones.

This isn't even about MJ, he is consensus number 1. I don't need to defend him at all.

Now go ahead and tell me why KAJ should be consensus #2 because I'm not seeing it. I really believe Russell deserves it, he has a case for number 1 tbh. The only thing that drags him down is scoring but that's not really his role in his team.

Banned

Every criticism?

Like say MJ won only 2 FMVP's out of his 6 titles? Oh wait...

How bout you tell me how many FMVP's should Russ get out of his 11 titles? I'm sure it isn't only 2 out of 11 possible ones.

This isn't even about MJ, he is consensus number 1. I don't need to defend him at all.

Now go ahead and tell me why KAJ should be consensus #2 because I'm not seeing it. I really believe Russell deserves it, he has a case for number 1 tbh. The only thing that drags him down is scoring but that's not really his role in his team.

Fine, neither KAJ and Kobe should be top 10

Happy?

Winning less than 50% of FMVPs is disgraceful

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    Fine, neither KAJ and Kobe should be top 10

Happy?

Winning less than 50% of FMVPs is disgraceful
    When you think about it, it really is. We are discussing the greatest players of all time. How can someone who got outplayed many times in his championship series runs be considered consensus #2? I think only Russell has a case to be number 2.