Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Default Re: Antawn Jamison will make the hall of fame

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Marcus Fizer
    I don't mind if you want to go on your big long winded rants occasionally but bringing up Fizer is a step too far.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

I'm gonna have an argument with you on the ease or difficulty of replacing Rodman with you taking like it's an issue of numbers?
    I never brought up stats when contemplating how Griffin would replace Rodman within the triangle.

I said the triangle allows EVERY PLAYER to catch the ball on the post - it could be Kerr, Longley, anybody (see routine play above where Pippen looks for Horace on deep post, then they get it to Cartwright on high post)

Once the player has it on the post, they have the option deciding what play to make: shoot, pass, hand-off.. This is why the offense is called an "equal opportunity offense" and that's why MJ balked at the offense at first.

The less skilled players hand-off to cutters more often, and the more skilled players can make plays from the post or high post.. Blake Griffin is a very good play-maker, and his passing skill would make him a higher-producing user of the triangle..

Quote Originally Posted by kblaze8855

the ease or difficulty of replacing Rodman

Blake wouldn't be disrupting the offense by trying to score on the post too much.. He'd be shooting mid-range jumpers just like Horace, and making passes from the post and high post like Longley or Cartwright..

And sure, it's a luxury to have another post presence that could score on the post sometimes too (in the play above, Blake CRAMS that on Divacs head and you know it).

But there's no way Phil or MJ would let Blake bog the game down by taking a long time to post up or trying to score on the block too often... One thing I do know - they'd be ecstatic to have a guy of Blake's caliber on the team.. The team would be more dominant than ever.

I read everything everyone says to me. But I find you irrational
    unlike you, I'm always specific and back up everything I claim.. I don't just throw opinions out there without backing it up....

My shit would hold up in a court of law... Your shit would be beaten down by objections like hearsay

(btw, notice that one thing you DON'T see in the triangle is ball-domination.. It's all off-ball passing baby lol.. No seriously though - the offense didn't allow much existing, live dribbling - no PG)
    Last edited by 3ball; 07-27-2015 at 08:45 PM.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Dude...ive been a Bulls fan since Reggie Theus. Ive been reading NBA books all my life...one of them by Tex on the triangle offense and several by Phil Jackson...I have little doubt my NBA video collection is about as extensive as it gets...and ive been making NBA videos and gifs since Jordan was still playing. Nothing you have to say to me teaches me anything...and your many gifs do little better. After all this time combing footage to find this or that one thing is perfectly clear...you can find a clip to suggest anything. And you only ever have one thing to suggest...

That Jordan is better than ____ or that one of Jordans teammates isnt that great.

Knowing that...I read you tell me that:

We're asking Blake to average 3/8 like Rodman did in 1997 playoffs..

Clearly suggesting thats all that needs doing...a simple task most any forward could. It clearly disregards Rodmans full contribution to make him seem lesser. Which would be enough for me to disregard even someone I DIDNT know to be like you.

When I have thousands of posts of evidence you arent interested in real discussion so much as furthering an agenda that doesnt need help? Why delve into it?

I can just barely ignore the many calls I get to ban you weekly. Im not about to get into a whole...thing...when I know you dont actually care about any of it.

I have many a thought on the triple post offense....especially as it relates to star bigmen like Elvin hayes who hated it and Pau who loved it.

But I know you to be insincere with no real purpose...but to hate on any teammate of Jordan...so why get into it?

Speaking to you in the first place was a rare lapse in judgment. One I dont intend to repeat any time soon.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Dude...ive been a Bulls fan since Reggie Theus. Ive been reading NBA books all my life...one of them by Tex on the triangle offense and several by Phil Jackson...I have little doubt my NBA video collection is about as extensive as it gets...and ive been making NBA videos and gifs since Jordan was still playing. Nothing you have to say to me teaches me anything...and your many gifs do little better. After all this time combing footage to find this or that one thing is perfectly clear...you can find a clip to suggest anything. And you only ever have one thing to suggest...

That Jordan is better than ____ or that one of Jordans teammates isnt that great.

Knowing that...I read you tell me that:

Clearly suggesting thats all that needs doing...a simple task most any forward could. It clearly disregards Rodmans full contribution to make him seem lesser. Which would be enough for me to disregard even someone I DIDNT know to be like you.

When I have thousands of posts of evidence you arent interested in real discussion so much as furthering an agenda that doesnt need help? Why delve into it?

I can just barely ignore the many calls I get to ban you weekly. Im not about to get into a whole...thing...when I know you dont actually care about any of it.

I have many a thought on the triple post offense....especially as it relates to star bigmen like Elvin hayes who hated it and Pau who loved it.

But I know you to be insincere with no real purpose...but to hate on any teammate of Jordan...so why get into it?

Speaking to you in the first place was a rare lapse in judgment. One I dont intend to repeat any time soon.

But with all that reading and video...you claimed that Frye and Dirk were virtually identical outside of jump shooting.

I agree with your point, but lets not act like we don't all make mistakes.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

When you say that Blake only needs to average the 3/8 that Rodman got in 1997 Playoffs, it clearly disregards Rodmans full contribution to make him seem lesser.
    When you laud Rodman's "full contribution" that much, it sounds like you don't think MJ could 3-peat without it, when he DID.

He 3-peated with Horace Grant who didn't have half of Rodman's intangibles.

So MJ proved he can 3-peat with a different PF that played quite differently... He doesn't need Rodman's "full contribution" or his 3/8.

Blake Griffin would be a monster compared to Horace... and he'd be a monster compared to 35-year old Rodman too.. He'd be a significant upgrade to both.

Nothing you have to say to me teaches me anything...

So why do you think a good post player and playmaker like Griffin wouldn't fit into a triple-post offense like the triangle?

It's ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by kblaze8855

When I have thousands of posts of evidence you arent interested in real discussion
    Horseshit - I'm one of the only posters on here that addresses each and every point HEAD-ON when responding to a post..

This is what I did in responding to your previous post above, where I included a couple GIFs - how many posters will address every point you made head-on like that?... Not that many.

To claim I'm not interested in real discussion is a laughable joke, and makes me think you're just reticent to engage in a debate you fear you'll lose.

Maybe a 2nd or 3rd ballot hall of famer. He was a former College Player of the Year.

And a 20/10 PF during his prime.

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

2 time all star.
    No all-nba teams.

He has no chance.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    He will get in; not on the first try, but he'll get in. He has 20,000 career points so hell make it whether you like it or not.

And really, if Dennis Rodman got in, all bets are off.

dennis rodman is the greatest rebounder of all time and a top 5 defender in nba history with 5 nba championships and 2 defensive player of the year awards

why are all bets off cause he made the hall of fame?

george karl said rodman was the Finals MVP in 2006

dude literally had 50000000 million times the impact antawn jamison ever had

Banned

2010-2011 Cleveland Cavaliers. Never Forget.

Bump!

Still think Jamison gets in.

Bumped to say this: Joe Johnson will probably also get in. Closing in on 20,000 points. Has quietly had a great career.

Bump!

Bumped to say this: Joe Johnson will probably also get in. Closing in on 20,000 points. Has quietly had a great career.
    Right, by making all-star teams he didn't deserve to make and being underwhelming bad in the playoffs the majority of his career.

Can anyone remember how many great moments Joe has had ? At least for his standards ? I can only think of 2 maybe 3. That's get you in the hall ?

NBA lottery pick

He actually has a SHOT due to his college career. Back to back final fours along with winning the AP player of the year and John Wooden award, pluys two time all american. Factor that into being a two time all star and yes 20,000 points and he's got a case.

If it were an NBA hall of fame, ZERO chance he'd make it, but a basketball one? Maybe?

I'll ignore the stupid rodman stuff here as we all know he's better than Jamison and we also know 3ball is a rude idiot for his comments.

Bump!

Please...

How about Walter Davis? He scored 19,521 points, made 2nd all-nba twice, 6x an all-star, won roy, once 5th in mvp voting, mad talented...

Chambers has 20,049 points, 2x all-nba 2nd, 4x all-star, once asg mvp, twice top10 in mvp award shares, one of the best dunkers...

Terry Cummings was all-nba twice (2nd and 3rd), 2x all-star, once 5th in mvp voting, roy, has 19,460 scored...

I guess, in your mind, Dale Ellis should also make it then, huh?
    Well, he has 19,004 points, he's 12th all-time in 3's made (without coming up with the 3pt line or playing in 3pt era), once all-star, once all-nba 3rd, once mip, one of the GOAT shooters...

Antawn also got his college career, but even so...

You still got dudes like Sidney Moncrief or Bobby Jones getting disrespected without being selected so far.

Get real, now...

NBA Legend

Bump!

You have really low standards for terms like "great" and "hall of fame"

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Still think he will get in OP?