Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Goat Lay Up Artists

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    haven't seen enough of Hawkins though if I'm honest, he might have been just as good given how little footage exists yet how spectacular his layups look in spite of such limited footage
    So, how do you say his are better than Mj's and then admit that you haven't even seen much Hawkins footage? I know you don't like MJ that much but come on....

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    I don't really see Lebron as a GOAT layup artist. He too stiff to do things like MJ, Tony or Kobe.

He's more of a power player to Rose's finesse for example.

For me though I would say IVerson, Rose, Kobe, Parker.
    Lebron is the king of angles, he deserves a mention on the list imo. Besides, it adds a bit of diversity to the crop. (bulkier wing player)

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH

Wade from 2004 - 2010 > Pippen @ layups.

Remove Pippen's mutant BBC from your mouth.
    Really?, Really!?...Scottie Pippen is my favorite player of all time, but I rarely actually give up an opinion unless I see something that needs to be addressed. You are one of the biggest Jordan stans on here and you are going at me? Anyone that says Scottie Pippen wasn't one of the best finishers ever is an idiot. Whether with a lay up (like this thread is about) or Dunk he is, period. With his length he could take huge strides off the dribble and basically put up a layup if the inside defenders were there or not because he was so long and athletic.

Hmmm...what does 'Flash' have to do with anything? He's one of my favorite players of all time, but I really don't know what the hell he has to do with what I posted? Whatever...go light a candle and pray for an hour to MJ and you'll be alright.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Really?, Really!?...Scottie Pippen is my favorite player of all time, but I rarely actually give up an opinion unless I see something that needs to be addressed. You are one of the biggest Jordan stans on here and you are going at me? Anyone that says Scottie Pippen wasn't one of the best finishers ever is an idiot. Whether with a lay up (like this thread is about) or Dunk he is, period. With his length he could take huge strides off the dribble and basically put up a layup if the inside defenders were there or not because he was so long and athletic.

Hmmm...what does 'Flash' have to do with anything? He's one of my favorite players of all time, but I really don't know what the hell he has to do with what I posted? Whatever...go light a candle and pray for an hour to MJ and you'll be alright.
    Good post...I agree...Scottie is one of the best finishers of all time...

Quote Originally Posted by Leftimage
    Lebron is the king of angles, he deserves a mention on the list imo. Besides, it adds a bit of diversity to the crop. (bulkier wing player)
    Well it does another perspective but hes not really on the level of AI or MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by CHi1PriDe

We'll never see this level absurd aerial dexterity, athleticism, and layup making ability from an MVP level Derrick Rose again. Sadly. Feels bad, man.

Quote Originally Posted by CHi1PriDe

Hoping derrick rose to come back and be better than before.

Back on topic:

Michael Jordan

Michael Jordan Top 100 Aerial Moves

No human can last more than 1 sec in the air, I think if there's one who can, it's got to be prime Mike.

Parker by far. The way he gets to the basket whenever he wants is a thing of beauty. He is the smallest big man on the floor whenever he's out there

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH

Wade from 2004 - 2010 > Pippen @ layups.

Remove Pippen's mutant BBC from your mouth.
    LOL ...

Banned

This is better than rose...MJ...vince carter COMBINED

We are not worthy LMAO

Complete Player

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    The way he covered so much distance with those strides always reminded me of Doc. Graceful and great finisher with either hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Good post...I agree...Scottie is one of the best finishers of all time...
    I definitely think Pippen is one of the greatest finishers ever. Particularly dunking. I'm not going to sit here and hear anyone call him the GOAT layup artist though. Because he's not. Partly due to smaller player's necessities to finish in the paint. MJ, D. Rose, Kobe, Wade, Iverson, TP, hell Tim Hardaway all superior lay up artists.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 20Four

This is better than rose...MJ...vince carter COMBINED

We are not worthy LMAO

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

For current players, I think Kyrie Irving deserves mention.

He puts some pretty amazing english on the ball, which gives him the ability to finish at awkward, seemingly impossible angles. Most impressive, he can do it effectively with either hand.

He has also perfected this high dribble, step-through which he often uses on the break.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 03-29-2014 at 02:47 AM.