Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Default Re: Goat Lay Up Artists

While Rose gets a ton of crap on this site (some deserved), there is no doubt he has jaw dropping body control in the air. His hang time alone puts him on the top of the list.

PG - Rose, Parker, Iverson
    SG - MJ, Wade
    Forwards - Dr. J, Kobe (occasionally)

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

i like parker, cuz he has that floater

College superstar

MJ
    Kobe
    Rose

If by artists you mean how the layups look aesthetically, these three are my favorites. The body control of MJ and Kobe in the air and the way they finish.

For Rose, it's the way he contorts/torques his body to make insane layups. It's ridiculous.

I rule the local playground PieceOfFelt's Avatar

Jordan was indeed the best and most artistic layup artist ever.

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

The second video IS probably his best. The Lakers Finals one gets all the pub, but he didnt even need to change hands.

Nice links.

I rule the local playground PieceOfFelt's Avatar

It's silly to even have this argument. Everyone else is playing for #2. Jordan is the best and most artistic, bar none.

Quote Originally Posted by beastee
    The second video IS probably his best. The Lakers Finals one gets all the pub, but he didnt even need to change hands.

Nice links.
    There's one he did against the Cavs in 92 playoffs I believe, where he made a spin move from the left side and made literally 3 moves in the air before squeezing off a layup vs a Cavs big in a really tight space. It's one of my faves but I hardly ever see it. Anyway, here's more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxkoG...e_gdata_player
    Last edited by TheMan; 03-28-2014 at 02:38 PM.

Karl Malone

Quote Originally Posted by PieceOfFelt
    It's silly to even have this argument. Everyone else is playing for #2. Jordan is the best and most artistic, bar none.
    lol clearly you never saw who he was trying to carbon copy with his layups, Baylor, Hawkins, Gervin, Erving... some of those guys pulled moves around the glass even MJ couldn't duplicate. Sorry, you just must not know the history of the game if you think MJ shot the prettiest layups of all time. Players were pulling his moves on NBA courts 25 years before he hit the league, because they weren't actually his moves - they were the moves of players that came before him.

Quote Originally Posted by PieceOfFelt
    Really this.

MJ had both the most graceful layups and he wasn't too shabby when he wanted to throw it down with aggression. Dr J also is up there in those two categories. When I think about LeBron, I don't think of him as very graceful around the rim, powerful is more the word I describe his finishing.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    lol clearly you never saw who he was trying to carbon copy with his layups, Baylor, Hawkins, Gervin, Erving... some of those guys pulled moves around the glass even MJ couldn't duplicate. Sorry, you just must not know the history of the game if you think MJ shot the prettiest layups of all time. Players were pulling his moves on NBA courts 25 years before he hit the league, because they weren't actually his moves - they were the moves of players that came before him.
    Vids or it didn't happen

Dr J

MJ

I'm tellin y'all....Like CavsFTW said...players bit styles from Dr.J left and right.

Last edited by AlphaWolf24; 03-28-2014 at 03:18 PM.

Clyde Drexler

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    yea. gervin and erving ok. there was nothing artistic about baylors game,beside the fact he was the first player who had hangtime. chick hearn said he was "original mj".