Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Scottie Pippen vs LeBron James

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    You're retarded. When did Pippen ever say "LeBron James is better than I was."

Heat vs Mavs
    Heat vs Thunder
    Heat vs Spurs

How many rings do the Heat have if you put prime Scottie Pippen in LeBron James place for these 3 series?
    This hypothetical is worthless. It assumes that the Heat make it to the finals every year, even though James played a pivotal role in some of the series leading up to the finals. Pippen isn't matching his production in both Indiana series, Celtics 2012; not to mention that James actually had a good playoffs run leading up to the finals in 11, hitting some clutch shots.

I don't see the Heat getting past the Pacers/Celtics in 2012 and the Pacers in 2013. So maybe 1 ring? I'd even go as far to say they'd struggle to take down the Bulls in 2011, although Pippen's superior perimeter defense would be key here (but they'd lose James' superior offensive production).

Now, even if they were to win two or three rings, it wouldn't provide a very good answer to who is better between Pippen and James. This hypothetical is more pertinent for comparing styles, not ability. Pippen may gel better with Wade and Bosh, but that doesn't mean his overall impact is better than James. In fact, James and Wade are pretty redudant, so I think if you pair Wade with a number of great in history, they'd have equal or more success. It doesn't mean a large number of those players are better than James at all.

...To give a serious answer to a troll.

NBA Superstar

Again, you underestimate the impact Pippen has on defense compared to LeBron James. Rewatch the Indiana and Celtics series in particular. LeBron in many moments had a negative impact on defense.

Pippen is a better fit with Wade, a better fit with the roster, and would absolutely lock down some guys that LeBron struggled with on D. (like Lance Stephenson last year...)

It is hilarious to see LeBron get overrated as a passer though. "Pippen doesn't even come close as a passer!"

Okay, how many assists would Pippen average as the guy with LeBrons current supporting cast? How many turnovers?

*silence*

NBA Superstar

Some of yall severely underestimate the impact of putting up 20/8/8 while playing ELITE DEFENSE for 4 quarters.

ban OP pls

If you were there to watch the Bulls, you'd know that the offense ran through Pippen, so I don't understand why you think his assist numbers would magically go up if Miami's offense ran through him.

Besides, having a better supporting cast doesn't magically make your assist numbers go up - James' assist numbers were higher in Cleveland, Paul's numbers haven't increased since teaming up with Blake. You clearly don't understand basketball. Having watched both of them in their primes, James is clearly a better playmaker.

Some of yall severely underestimate the impact of putting up 20/8/8 while playing ELITE DEFENSE for 4 quarters.
    I understand your point.completely. So would you say that Pippen wass as good or even better than Kevin Durant?

I'm now convinced that Scottie Pippen is the most underrated player in NBA history.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    I understand your point.completely. So would you say that Pippen wass as good or even better than Kevin Durant?
    Got em

See how he weasels his way out of this.

He quite surely had more all around impact on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    If you were there to watch the Bulls, you'd know that the offense ran through Pippen, so I don't understand why you think his assist numbers would magically go up if Miami's offense ran through him.

Besides, having a better supporting cast doesn't magically make your assist numbers go up - James' assist numbers were higher in Cleveland, Paul's numbers haven't increased since teaming up with Blake. You clearly don't understand basketball. Having watched both of them in their primes, James is clearly a better playmaker.
    The Bulls ran a different offense from the Heat. And consider this. When Pippen played in Portland, he SHARED the PG duties with Damon Stoudemire and avg 6 assist. Thats an older Pip playing less minutes

u mad? buttfrustrated? hahaitme's Avatar

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hahaitme

Quote Originally Posted by hahaitme

Dunking on everybody in the park dannysc305's Avatar

Fvck y'all. LeBron > in every facet of the game