Default The Bucks re-sign Henson for 45 million over 4 years

Default Re: The Bucks re-sign Henson for 45 million over 4 years

That seems like a steal. The guy is long as hell (7'5" wingspan, 9'4" standing reach) and is a pretty decent athlete. Definitely gives Milwaukee a guy who will make people think twice about driving to the basket.

Decent college freshman

Terms seem fair, especially considering he's their only "big" who projects to keep improving as a rim protector. I feel this contract is going to be a baseline for an Ezeli extension, if he agrees to terms at all.

Milwaukee's got some talent, especially if Parker is legit. MCW at the 1, Middleton at the 2, Greek Freak at the 3, Parker at the 4 and Monroe at the 5. I'm assuming Henson will come off the bench but will finish a lot of games. They are one of the longest teams in the NBA with youth and athleticism. Their length is going to bother people once they learn how to maximize it.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

good deal for the bucks and henson. If that kid every fills out, say, Anthony Davis, he's going to be a shot blocking nightmare. It was only 1.5 seasons together, but larry sanders really took him under his wing and showed him how to be a great rim protector

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Milwaukee's got some talent, especially if Parker is legit. MCW at the 1, Middleton at the 2, Greek Freak at the 3, Parker at the 4 and Monroe at the 5. I'm assuming Henson will come off the bench but will finish a lot of games. They are one of the longest teams in the NBA with youth and athleticism. Their length is going to bother people once they learn how to maximize it.
    Will be a fun team to keep track of for the next few years. Should be a second round team in maybe 2 years. I liked John Henson a lot in college so I think this is a good signing. Him and Moe Harkless were my darkhorse steals of the draft. I think Harkless is a solid role player but I thought he could (hopefully) become a key reserve down the line. I just like his hustle just like I like Henson's hustle.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

great signing

Banned

Bucks will be a top 3 defense next year

High School Starter

good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Monroe at the 5 and Parker at the 4?

That team is crap on defense.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    Bucks will be a top 3 defense next year
    I don't think they will based on Jabari and Monroe soaking up lots of frontcourt minutes presumably. They still have defensively potent players, though, so they should still bring it with certain lineups, but not their most-used ones. I think they regress on D but improve on O.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Bad news for the Celtics if they wanted to get Zeller cheap. There's still a lot of centres on the market potentially if it stays as is, but $10m+ is the going rate for 7 footers who can run and chew gum these days.

College superstar

Henson's physical gifts jump out at you but he has been HORRIBLE his first 3 years. His RAPM his first two seasons was dead last in the NBA for front court players. And it was bottom 20% last year. He blocks a ton of shots but it always comes at the expense of him constantly being out of position.

He had a decent series against Chicago, but a lot of that was that the Bulls were leaving him to cut off driving lanes, etc. And he was still pretty mediocre.

Its a lot to pay based on hope. But his length is tantalizing. If he figures it out, and bigs ALWAYS take longer to develop, it could become a good contract. But for now its a shocking overpay.

I remember there was a lot of hype on Henson when he was at Carolina. I remember him matching up against AD, and did OK except he got swatted late in the game to seal the game... Dude just doesn't have IT.