Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    So ...

Kobe = 3 1/2 Rings
    Pippen = 3 Rings
    Gasol = 1 Ring

This actually makes sense

Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Why does Old Kobe struggle so much against Shawn Marion

I don't think stopping scorers like Kobe, Lebron, Durant is one man's achievement. Give credit to Dallas defense, they were really limiting Kobe on those PnR's last night.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SwooshReturns
    So ...

Kobe = 3 1/2 Rings
    Pippen = 3 Rings
    Gasol = 1 Ring

This actually makes sense
    I could agree with that. I might have to subtract a ring from Kobe though for single-handedly losing the 2004 finals due to his chucking. He took 113 shots that series to Shaq's 84, despite the fact that Shaq shot 63% from the field and Kobe shot 38%. That was the most blatant display of a player being selfish and costing his team a championship that I have ever seen.

People want to blame Lebron for the Heat losing last year, and while he was strangely absent in the 4th quarters at least he didn't shoot them out of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by RonySeikalyFTL
    People want to blame Lebron for the Heat losing last year, and while he was strangely absent in the 4th quarters at least he didn't shoot them out of the series.
    You can't subtract rings, kiddo ... what is won, is won.

No, James didn't play aggressive at all, 4th quarter or not and played well below even his averages ... thus being the primary reason the team lost.

So in actuality, LeBron's worse.

The Lakers would've been fine if Malone wasn't injured, regardless if Kobe kept shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    Haha u owned him

I could agree with that. I might have to subtract a ring from Kobe though for single-handedly losing the 2004 finals due to his chucking. He took 113 shots that series to Shaq's 84, despite the fact that Shaq shot 63% from the field and Kobe shot 38%. That was the most blatant display of a player being selfish and costing his team a championship that I have ever seen.

Subtract a ring? Then put Lebron at -2

In certain cases, not shooting is even worse than shooting too much, and the last year's finals was a prime example. Lebron couldn't even play like a decent 4th option, and that's why they lost. All he needed to do is play more aggressive without worrying about his numbers and who might win the FMVP, but that's like asking him to change who he is and what he represents.

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

difference between matrix and other good athletic defenders when it comes to kobe

marion RARELY if EVEr bails kobe out

kobe STILL pump fakes, head fakes, jab steps his way out of bad spots and situations because the defender jumps..

marion rarely does that....kobe is forced to put up a bad shot, or pass with 2 seconds on the shot clock

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SwooshReturns
    You can't subtract rings, kiddo ... what is won, is won.

No, James didn't play aggressive at all, 4th quarter or not and played well below even his averages ... thus being the primary reason the team lost.

So in actuality, LeBron's worse.

The Lakers would've been fine if Malone wasn't injured, regardless if Kobe kept shooting.
    Both played below their averages. The difference, Lebron didn't keep Wade from playing his best by chucking. Kobe did that to Shaq. Shaq should have had a dominant series considering he was shooting 63% from the field, but the guy couldn't get enough shots because Kobe was averaged more FGA than PPG. As a result, Shaq only ended up averaging 26 ppg.

It's pretty simple: would you rather have a player that plays bad but doesn't shoot that much or a guy that plays bad and is a ball-hog at the same time?

Marion is a G on defense. Still super quick laterally, very unorthodox style imo, he keeps his feet spread wide apart and is always moving his feet like a prize fighter circling the ring. long enough to contest without getting out of position

best attribute of all, he's a gamer. he comes to work with the intention of locking you down. Not many players have the confidence, ability, and desire to get it done on defense.

only thing is, last year he was able to post and score in the playoffs, even against guys his size. havent seen any of that so far this year (but I barely saw it in the reg season last year too)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    Subtract a ring? Then put Lebron at -2

In certain cases, not shooting is even worse than shooting too much, and the last year's finals was a prime example. Lebron couldn't even play like a decent 4th option, and that's why they lost. All he needed to do is play more aggressive without worrying about his numbers and who might win the FMVP, but that's like asking him to change who he is and what he represents.
    Uh oh here comes the retarded Kobe troll with his bullsh*t hyperbole.

"Couldn't even play like a decent 4th option?" Lol he averaged 17.8 ppg on 48% shooting. Maybe your perception of what a "decent 4th option" is might be a little skewed from watching all of Kobe's stacked championship teams, but those numbers don't detract from a team like Kobe's chucking did in the '04 finals.

Uh oh here comes the retarded Kobe troll with his bullsh*t hyperbole.

"Couldn't even play like a decent 4th option?" Lol he averaged 17.8 ppg on 48% shooting. Maybe your perception of what a "decent 4th option" is might be a little skewed from watching all of Kobe's stacked championship teams, but those numbers don't detract from a team like Kobe's chucking did in the '04 finals.
    I guess I should have worded it as "He couldn't even play like a decent fourth option in the fourth quarters", you know, where the games are decided, especially knowing how most of the games in that series went to the wire.

Now try and dispute that, you deep shit. Wade, Bosh, Chalmers, and probably even Haslem played better than him when it mattered the most.

And post me the stats from Kobe's championship runs where their third option, let alone the fourth option, had averaged more than 13.40, which was by Odom in 2009.

Kobe dropped the ball a few times without Marion even touching it. Marion picked up the ball afterwards.

Off night for Kobe. Marion is a great defender, but the only person who shuts down Kobe is Kobe (and sometimes double and triple teams).

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Rivers
    I have a fetish for posters with names spelled backwards. Please pray for me