Page 140 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4090130137138139140141142143150 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2487

Default Re: ☆ NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Offseason | Roster

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    I would only move Russell if I can dump either Mozgov or Deng and still get a worthwhile bench player in return. Mozgov/Deng deals have truly screwed us..I guess I would consider Russell+Deng or Mozgov for anyone other than George. I am hesitant to give up Russell to Pacers when we can just sign PG13 without losing anything. Why blow the trade value of Russell for George?
    WHOA!! Russell AND Mozgov for Lopez and 27th pick

"Lakers are trading Tim Mozgov and D'Angelo Russell to Nets for Brook Lopez and 27th pick Thursday, sources say."

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Also the other rumor is the Lakers are thinking about moving Russell for a top 12 pick. Doesn't make much sense. If you move him then do it for Paul George.
    If the rumors are true, The Lakers used their top 2 pick on Russell in exchange for the top 12 pick tells me that D'Angelo's stock has dropped significantly, hence the Pacers doesn't want Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    If the rumors are true, The Lakers used their top 2 pick on Russell in exchange for the top 12 pick tells me that D'Angelo's stock has dropped significantly, hence the Pacers doesn't want Russell.
    https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/s...87243236462592

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Offseason | Roster

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Hmmmm, nah. I wouldn't give up #2 pick for Lopez if I can get Ball..

I would consider giving up Russell for Lopez though...

Russell/Mozgov/future 1st round pick.. I'm not sold on Russell at 2-guard after his performance this season.. His shooting is way too streaky to play 2-guard + he is undersized and slow. I don't want Russell for SG, and he is too expensive for off the bench. Quite frankly, if I can land Lonzo Ball, I would part ways with Russell.

NBA lottery pick

I really wonder how Paul George views this though. I mean there's no way he comes here and teams up with PG and all the sudden they're contenders. PG, Lopez, Ball, and Ingram..... That's tough. The Lakers didn't trade Russell for George, and they didn't trade him for Cousins last season. But..... they make the move for Lopez?? I don't mind Lopez but just don't see it as a step in the right direction yet. Maybe they think they can move picks 27 and 28 and move up. Then it would make a little more sense. Get one more young player that fits with the pieces they have already. I get the cap space part of it. I just think that could have been accomplished in another way too. I don't really view the Lakers as being much better right now.

Home of the 16

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Offseason | Roster

I still feel like the Lakers could've squeezed more out of that trade. There will always be that quasi-trade value since you could say D'Lo's a young promising player.

I don't like how Magic's going all-in for Paul George. I feel like one of the reasons why PG wanted to go to the Lakers was because of their young promising core. Now he'll be stuck with skinny BI if the trade goes down.

NBA lottery pick

My only guess can be Magic is super confident that he's going to land another top tier free agent next year to pair with Paul George so he's just trying to free up as much cap space as possible. Then he probably hopes they can fill out the roster with guys who will take a pay cut.

I do know this, Magic just killed any hope the Knicks had of getting a blockbuster deal for Porzingas. He just gave away the #2 pick. The Knicks were asking for a good young player that was a top 5 pick plus another top pick for a guy picked 4th..... There's no way now that Magic set the bar that low that any other team is going to give that up. I could see Boston offering a pick and a player like Crowder maybe. They certainly aren't going to give up what the rumors were saying they were thinking about.

I would still try to package the 27th and 28th picks to try to move inside the top 20. With the draft being deep this year, we could truly land a decent player.

We need a decent defender off bench to bolster our defense and a long range sniper.. We have plenty of big men we can continue to develop like Zubac and Nance Jr. We also have plenty of wing players. I would try to bolster the guards tbh.

Few names I see come up are Terrance Ferguson, Luke Kennard, and tj leaf (looks like a stretch 4),. Anyone seen these guys play in college? All 3 are expected to go in mid first round. Kennard may go the earliest of the 3 at 12-13 pick possibly so we probably can't get him. Ferguson and Leaf will still be there at 18-22 pick. Worth moving up? Or better off holding onto 27th and 28th picks?

NBA lottery pick

Right now it looks like the offer is 27, 28, and Randle for George. It doesn't seem like it can happen until draft day though. I'm guessing Indiana will want to know who is falling in the draft so they can get players they want.

NBA lottery pick

One has to wonder since D Wade is going to opt in for what seems like one last huge pay day that next year he knows that he's not going to get a huge offer like that and he joins Lebron again for a championship run. It seems like there would be more Wade & Lebron rumors to the Lakers. Not just Lebron. Because Wade isn't getting a 20 million dollar offer from anyone next season unless it's a team with a really bad record that is desperate to put fans in seats of the arena. Say the Lakers get Paul George, and we know Magic would try to make a run at getting Lebron too. I have to think they would make some kind of offer to Wade. Ball, Wade, Lebron, George, and Ingram (off the bench at that point of course). That's a lineup that can potentially really give the Warriors a hard time, depending on who they could get at C. Small ball it wouldn't matter though.

Wade guards Steph
    Ball guards Klay
    PG guards KD
    Lebron guards Draymond
    Ingram gets whoever (not sure they get Iggy back)
    Potentially Ingram and Ball change their matchup depending on who is in the game.
    Last edited by dd24; 06-21-2017 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Right now it looks like the offer is 27, 28, and Randle for George. It doesn't seem like it can happen until draft day though. I'm guessing Indiana will want to know who is falling in the draft so they can get players they want.
    Man, I would hate to gut a young core like that.. I am not as concerned about Dlo because Ball will more than adequately replace Dlo.

I guess we still have Nance Jr. He plays solid defense, and I like his hustle very much. I honestly feel like Randle is too reckless at times - yes, he has enforcer qualities but it has to be a bit sustained passive aggression rather than out of control. Nance is calmer and not out of control. We can go all in with Nance with a guarantee on PG13 being on Lakers roster.

Lopez
    Nance
    Ingram
    PG13
    Ball
    6th man - Clarkson

would be somewhat solid playoff team. Around 6-7 seed in the west.
    Last edited by bladefd; 06-22-2017 at 01:27 AM.

I was very relieved about the Butler trade to Twolves. Indiana would have been enticed with 7th pick, Levine and Dunn and imo George wouldn't mind playing alongside KAT, Wiggins and Rubio being coached by Thibs

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    I was very relieved about the Butler trade to Twolves. Indiana would have been enticed with 7th pick, Levine and Dunn and imo George wouldn't mind playing alongside KAT, Wiggins and Rubio being coached by Thibs
    Butler is the better fit there. Twolves are looking pretty good.

NBA lottery pick

Looks like the Lakers are thinking about giving George Hill a 1 year deal.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/report-lake...000038044.html

NBA lottery pick

Jamal Crawford is the latest rumor.

[QUOTE]Crawford