Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Heat's Big 3: A Threat or Not to Lakers?

I have a few thoughts/questions.

The Heat have some great wing players now, but what about inside? It all depends on who else they get to go alongside Bosh at C, but can they match up to Gasol/Bynum/Odom? What about containing Dwight Howard?

Do the Heat even have any more money left to sign some other good players? Because if all they're going to be is LeBron/Wade/Bosh + scrubs I'm not sure they can win a title....

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    c'mon. surround those 3 with just mediocre players and they should win the championship.

our best hope is that they do NOT land any real length.

Bynum is our man when we play them.
    i dont agree with this necessarily... there will be chemistry issues and both lebron and wade need to have their hands on the ball... it could cause "stress" with this experiment and they may never find harmony. its definitely going to take them some work and luck to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    c'mon. surround those 3 with just mediocre players and they should win the championship.

our best hope is that they do NOT land any real length.

Bynum is our man when we play them.
    I think the big question will be can they realistically play together? Who will be the MVP? Who is the captain? Wade or LeBron? The Celtics big 3 were aging and desperate for the ring more in 2008, so you can see them willing to compromise to click together. These young guys...I think they will eventually get into that ego and jealousy of "I'm the man/hero of this team" issue like Shaq & Kobe years.

Quote Originally Posted by kobesabi
    I think the big question will be can they realistically play together? Who will be the MVP? Who is the captain? Wade or LeBron? The Celtics big 3 were aging and desperate for the ring more in 2008, so you can see them willing to compromise to click together. These young guys...I think they will eventually get into that ego and jealousy of "I'm the man/hero of this team" issue like Shaq & Kobe years.
    yep, you said essentially the same thing as me but you said it better! lol

its definitely not a slam dunk (no pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    yep, you said essentially the same thing as me but you said it better! lol

its definitely not a slam dunk (no pun intended).

You know, I think their chemistry will be affected by how the media spin it. on days where they win...they would herald one guy...on days they lose, one would get credit for doing most of the work while some others not showing up...

If they (media) focus more on one guy, it will eventually make the other mega star jealous. LeDiva is already doing that now...he would definitely be jealous if Wade gets the spot light all the time. Or people continually keep on refering to as "Wade's team" in the press. Heh maybe we should seed it that way. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Dog45
    I have a few thoughts/questions.

The Heat have some great wing players now, but what about inside? It all depends on who else they get to go alongside Bosh at C, but can they match up to Gasol/Bynum/Odom? What about containing Dwight Howard?

Do the Heat even have any more money left to sign some other good players? Because if all they're going to be is LeBron/Wade/Bosh + scrubs I'm not sure they can win a title....
    They picked up alot of Fs and Cs on draft, they probably going to test use it around their big 3. Maybe their Magaloire to fill in that role?

Quote Originally Posted by kobesabi
    They picked up alot of Fs and Cs on draft, they probably going to test use it around their big 3. Maybe their Magaloire to fill in that role?
    i thought that their first pick in this year's draft was like #40 or #41 in the second round... definitely not impact players or role players.

i thought that their first pick in this year's draft was like #40 or #41 in the second round... definitely not impact players or role players.

1 close to first round #32. But ya never know since Big 3 don't need role players to do most of the works anyway.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/draft/te...ba.t.14&round=

#32, 40, 41, 48

Their #32 is Dexter Pitman, he's 293 lbs. He will probably like the Celtics's Big Baby Drool.
    Last edited by kobesabi; 07-08-2010 at 11:42 PM.

shhhhhhh

Anytime you assemble a group of that caliber players, yes they are a threat... however, I would still like to see how Miami rounds out their team. I don't know how much cap space they have after signing those 3, and that will be a huge matter in determining what their roster looks like.

Makes me wonder if Buss might be willing to spend a bit more... lol

p.s. the whole thing does make me sick. now players can collaborate and create their own mega teams... i dont think that was ever in the spirit of the nba when they created it.

miami only can sign players with the vets min. because they entered the off season under the cap they have no mle, bae or any other exemption deal... they will have to move beasley just to sign wade bosh and lebron to max contracts...

so the heat roster will be very thin in the depth department once you get past the big 3... seriously this team is probably still 2 years away from being a serious threat... to me boston at this time is still a better team just because they have much greater depth, and as we saw in this years finals it was depth that both the lakers and celtics relied upon, when the playoffs turn into defensive battles it's the other guys after the stars that become the difference makers...

here's the other thing... in the east now you have the knicks, chicago, nets with cap space... the race is now on to sign quality players for those teams... this will effect the east in two ways.... miami is going to have a hard time selling say a mike miller level player on taking a vets min contract when you have teams out there willing to pay and maybe even over pay...

miami's only sales pitch is come play with the new big 3 for peanuts...

teams like the knicks bulls and nets don't have to match salaries.. they can trade a million dollar player for a 10 million dollar player because they are under the cap so they'll be in the chase for quality..

shhhhhhh

and no sooner do i speak that i just read on twitter beasley has been moved to minnesota for a second round draft pick next year

lebron wade chalmers and bosh... well actually just chalmers since bosh wade and lebron have not signed anything yet...lol

chalmer's can talk about the day he was the only guy on the roster...lol

great analysis gts... i was waiting for you to chime in... the Heat are really putting it all on the line with these three.

now, how many vets chasing rings might consider joining that team, versus the lakers? anyone going to come to the heat or lakers just to chase a ring? i am sure rumors will be flying.

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    miami only can sign players with the vets min. because they entered the off season under the cap they have no mle, bae or any other exemption deal... they will have to move beasley just to sign wade bosh and lebron to max contracts...

so the heat roster will be very thin in the depth department once you get past the big 3... seriously this team is probably still 2 years away from being a serious threat... to me boston at this time is still a better team just because they have much greater depth, and as we saw in this years finals it was depth that both the lakers and celtics relied upon, when the playoffs turn into defensive battles it's the other guys after the stars that become the difference makers...

here's the other thing... in the east now you have the knicks, chicago, nets with cap space... the race is now on to sign quality players for those teams... this will effect the east in two ways.... miami is going to have a hard time selling say a mike miller level player on taking a vets min contract when you have teams out there willing to pay and maybe even over pay...

miami's only sales pitch is come play with the new big 3 for peanuts...

teams like the knicks bulls and nets don't have to match salaries.. they can trade a million dollar player for a 10 million dollar player because they are under the cap so they'll be in the chase for quality..
    My biggest question to you is don't they have larry birds rights to Haslem, Arroyo and Cook.
    If you're answer is yes, then they would have a formidable supporting cast...unless ofcourse other teams tries to sign these players to a hefty deal enough for them not to match it etc. Miami then gets 7 scrubs and that would be difficult.

Magic Johnson

I have no idea how good they'll be or if the Lakers stand a chance. I really hope the Lakers get to the Finals and play Miami though... can you imagine Phil Jackson's comments to the media?

Local High School Star EllEffEll's Avatar

I can only hope the Heat sign Cook

If Minn got Beasley for a 2nd round pick, I think they did well. Beasley is a bit flakely at times, but he is talented.

I imagine the Heat may entice someone to pay real cheap, but I would think the Lakers might get some of that action too.

As for Riley vs. Phil in a playoff matchup, you can never dismiss Riley (if he is even the coach). I'm sure ES will at least get a shot at managing the three egos.

I'm a little surprised LBJ didn't go for a team that would unquestionably be his own. You know, like a true "King" would do. But whatever, it's a done deal and we'll all watch to see if it's a trainwreck or they become world beaters.

Any guesses which teams will play on Xmas day?

shhhhhhh

i think spol will remain head coach.. he was wades guy, he was an assistant coach and video guy who worked with wade and when the position came up wade pushed riles into hiring him