Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: What off-season moves should Detroit make? Fire Flip? Trade guys? New signings?

There's no way Larry Brown would be let back in to Detroit. He burned that bridge.

Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: What do you do if you're detroit?

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    beg Ben Wallace to come back.

Ha Ha He Beg Ben. Ben will only excell if he is on a team that has four shooters. Chicago only has two and one half shooters. It will not work...Chicago already wants to free thr fro!

Saw a basketball once

Default Re: What off-season moves should Detroit make? Fire Flip? Trade guys? New signings?

they should try and trade nazr for a 2nd round pick and resign webber to take nazrs spot

Saw a basketball once

pistons need bench production, consistently. i'm glad we got rid of delfino, that guy was a clown

NBA lottery pick

Agreed, he was hyped up as a good player and never lived up to it in Detroit.

Saw a basketball once

"I don't know about the end. They can make a few moves and be back in the finals. But they are declining"

yup you can tell their iron men are getting hurt alot now. already in the young seasons we've seen injuries to sheed and mr big shot

The injuries are certainly a concern. Whoever is healthier in the playoffs between Boston and Detroit should end up taking the east. All the stars are 30+ on both sides, with the exception of Hamilton and Prince. Those two will be there for sure.

The difference is that the Pistons won't have to play starters 40+ per night all season long to win games. They've already shown that. I don't think Boston without their 3 could beat anyone in the league. Depth will cost Boston some wins, that's for sure.

The East is still weaker, but don't count Detroit out yet...

HeartHustleHope

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick27
    The injuries are certainly a concern. Whoever is healthier in the playoffs between Boston and Detroit should end up taking the east. All the stars are 30+ on both sides, with the exception of Hamilton and Prince. Those two will be there for sure.

The difference is that the Pistons won't have to play starters 40+ per night all season long to win games. They've already shown that. I don't think Boston without their 3 could beat anyone in the league. Depth will cost Boston some wins, that's for sure.

The East is still weaker, but don't count Detroit out yet...
    We're going to finals. We can take Boston?

Quote Originally Posted by 20 Dimes A Game
    We're going to finals. We can take Boston?
    If you're asking me, I'd have to say that right now I think Boston is the stronger team. Allen, Garnett, and Pierce have been amazingly durable and that has really had a great effect on their season. If they're tired, they're not showing it. They come to play in the big games, and they've all played in the playoffs before. It's hard for me to envision anyone beating Boston right now.

How can we improve, if the best of the Pistons might not be able to beat what Boston has currently? Well, we'd have to add some future Hall of Famers that are willing to sacrifice their roles and contracts for the team. We'd have to be willing to dip deeply into the salary cap. We'd have to convince the tagalongs to join Detroit (Cassell, Posey, etc) for peanuts. Those are the offseason moves we should make, but I'm not convinced that they're practical or even possible given the circumstances.

NBA lottery pick

I don't think there is too much Detroit can do except for hope that one of these young guys (like Amir) emerges and starts playing out of his mind and also hoping to pick up that guy late in the first round of the draft who ends up being a difference maker.

No good point guards late in the draft. Should look to strengthen the guard or forward positions.

For guards, look at Rush, Lee, T. Smith, Walker.

For forwards look at Lopez, Hendrix, Hardin, Anderson, Dorsey.

Personally I want Rush or Hendrix.

NBA Finals

All Detroit needs to do is draft/sign a young C like Hasheem Thabeet that can get rebounds and play defese. Detroit gives up the MOST points in the pain this season and if they can get a young defensive minded C that can swat shots and grab boards the Pistons will be the team to beat in the East next season

I do not think Thabeet will be available. He would be a nice project along with Amir though. Hendrix might not be the shot blocker, but he is a better rebounder than Thabeet.

Amir and Samb are the young, defensive shotblockers that you're asking for. Yes, they're projects, but they should be ready once McDyess and Wallace want to hang 'em up.

I'd be happy with a low post scorer, but we might have to find that in free agency or trade, since they are rare in the draft. Or, perhaps we can avoid this entirely. It is totally my guess, but it seems that PF-C players aren't getting the calls that the G position gets. I think perimeter players are more likely to get a call these days, and all the leading scorers tend to be perimeter players (Amare is unique in this way). Maybe the future is to have athletic defensive bigs and perimeter scorers (driving and shooting)? Seems to be what Detroit's building, anyway.

In any case, Dumars will take the best player available in the draft. He's not currently looking to fill a gap.