Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Pistons 2016 Offseason Moves

I think the first one we should talk about is the draft. I just saw an article today that had 8 people that could fall to us. I would have to guess we are definitely not trading that pick after the Motiejunas thing lol.

http://www.freep.com/picture-gallery...s-10/83874270/

I could see the Pistons looking at Sabonis. He's all over in the mock drafts though. Some people have him getting drafted in the top 10. Outside of s stretch 4 I think they'll be looking at backup PG's. It seems like we have a ton of SG's and SF's now.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Pistons 2016 Offseason Moves

Blake wants to play one more year in the NBA and stay in Detroit....
    http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nb...year/83899636/

I think it wouldn't be wise to tie up cap space in bringing him back. A young guy is much cheaper. He should try to land with a contender. I think he's just saying he wants to stay in Detroit to try to create a market for himself. There's probably not a lot of teams that are going to be interested. At 36 he's about done.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

As a player it makes absolutely no sense to bring him back - but from a locker room perspective, apparently he is incredibly valuable. A true profesional presence and mentor / role model for all of our young core to look up to. Almost more like an assistant coach than a player.

However, all of that is nice, but he CAN NOT be our primary back up to Reggie. That will just not work. I think he needs to retire.

NBA lottery pick

I always said how the Pistons had terrible luck in the lottery. Well, this article just confirmed that more. Detroit did do the a good job with the picks they had though.
    http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2016/5...-pistons-76ers

NBA lottery pick

Seth Curry is a RFA but I wouldn't mind taking a look at him. When he finally got a chance to play in Sacramento at the end of last season he was lighting it up. He has a really good outside shot much like the rest of his family. Obviously, he's not his brother but he still seems like a good fit for what SVG does.

Decent college freshman

I'd love to get Seth Curry

NBA lottery pick

I like some of the guys they have brought into training camp. Chris Douglas Roberts and Jordan Crawford are a couple of guys that I feel like never really got a fair chance in the NBA. They've actually both played pretty well and then just end up getting cut for financial reasons for the most part. Crawford typically always averaged double digits. He could be a spark off the bench. I'd at least like to see them go to summer league with us. With all the people they're bringing in I think they're going to have a very new bench next season. I've said for years it never made sense to me how the guys that dominate the d-league never really get a chance. If you can lead the D-league in scoring you can play in the NBA.

NBA lottery pick

Dinwiddie is gone. I knew they lost confidence in him.

[QUOTE] The Detroit Pistons announced today that the team has acquired forward Cameron Bairstow from the Chicago Bulls in exchange for guard Spencer Dinwiddie.

NBA lottery pick

Here's another article I found on the trade. It sounds like Bairstow is a stretch 4. So I can see why SVG is giving him a shot. I'm not sure if he'll ever crack the rotation though. I don't know that much about him. Maybe we'll get to see him in summer league.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/06/17/...bcs&yptr=yahoo

NBA lottery pick

Bairstow isn't even going to summer league and it sounds like he'll be cut for financial purposes. Makes sense. They must want to go after a good backup PG in free agency. Bring back Augustin!
    http://www.nba.com/pistons/features/...motivated-deal

Bairstow could be one of the best dudes in the league - such a good guy. and an ABSOLUTE workhorse. He should not even be getting a sniff of profesional Bball with his base skill set / talent levels.

Sad truth is, he is a worse version of Scalabrine, and just does not belong on this level.

I want to see him come over to the NBL and dominate, and he will be a big part of our national team

NBA lottery pick

Well this is interesting. Not exactly the stretch 4 everyone was thinking of.

[QUOTE]Marc Stein: Free Agency Rumble: Orlando, Detroit and the Lakers are all among the teams that intend to make a run at Atlanta big man Al Horford.

NBA lottery pick

Well, the Bulls just got worse. The Pacers just got way better. Bulls might be set to tank. Other than that our division is really solid.

Yeah Pacers will be one to watch this year. Another year of development for Turner, George another year removed from the horrific injury so confidence will be even higher, Teague a very nice true PG to team with Ellis in the back court... They will push for top 4 seed in the east,

I think Bulls will be OK, I think this is their version of bottoming out, in which they could still make a top 4 seed in the wide open East. Butler is a good centerpiece, with Lopez, Gibson, Mirotic proving a solid and versatile frontcourt with defense and spacing. I like Jerian Grant at PG but Bulls will probably need to address that position at some stage. But I would give guys like Grant and McDermott plenty of run this year to see what they can do...

And in regards to Horford - YES PLEASE, would be such a great addition. Can play both PF and C, can shoot, can protect the rim, can pass the rock, has plenty of veteran leadership / experience. Not sure how our team would look and if we would start Harris at SF? I doubt Harris would settle for a bench role with his 17 mill per year contract or whatever it is.

NBA lottery pick

I'm just unsure how they would space the court with a potential starting 5 of Drummond, Horford, Harris, KCP, and Jackson. Horford is a very good player though. That talent on paper should be a top 5 team. I'd be a little worried about our depth. We would really have to hope some of those D-League guys could step up. There's a chance they could. I think we're now seeing why Detroit did that. They're wondering if they spend all their money on a really good player that will get a majority of the minutes if they can still find guys on the cheap to actually do well for the few minutes they get.

No way Chicago is top 4 with that roster. Milwaukee will have a better chance than them, especially if they move Monroe and get a good player in return. He just isn't fitting there.