Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: Jennings In Trade Rumors

DD24 - you make some good points like usual - but when you say we arn't able to draft high enough - pretty sure Dre would be a top 3 pick in any of the past 10 drafts, so he kinda of qualifies as that Blue Chip draft selection a team needs to get to the next level. Then we have top 10 talent in KCP and Stanley, and if one of them can develop into a borderline all-star, to join Reggie who is already a borderline all-star, then that sets us on the right path.

Our core of 5 or 6 players we are building around are all 25 and under, and ALL are on their way up to their peaks, not one has hit their prime yet... Which is exciting - which also means it is kind of hard to put a ceiling on this team.

SVG has earned an A scorecard from me so far, as both coach and GM (Would be an A+ if he was able to flip Monroe for atleast a draft pick or something)

NBA lottery pick

What I'm hearing is the Pistons originally wanted Ryan Anderson. The deal was going to be a 3-way deal with New Orleans and Orlando. NO would have got Harris and the Pistons would have got Anderson. Detroit didn't do it because Anderson is going to be a FA and people are saying he's going to get 16-18 million next season. So teams were reluctant to try to trade for him because of that. Now the Pelicans are probably going to lose him and get nothing in return.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    What I'm hearing is the Pistons originally wanted Ryan Anderson. The deal was going to be a 3-way deal with New Orleans and Orlando. NO would have got Harris and the Pistons would have got Anderson. Detroit didn't do it because Anderson is going to be a FA and people are saying he's going to get 16-18 million next season. So teams were reluctant to try to trade for him because of that. Now the Pelicans are probably going to lose him and get nothing in return.
    I'm glad that didn't work out. I'd rather have Harris on the defensive end. He's not the quickest or elite, but he can be very physical with the elite swingmen and he doesn't back down when challenged. If he picks up his 3pt clip from last year, that is extra gravy.

Anderson is probably at his peak as a player and plateauing. And he is not versatile defensively.

NBA lottery pick

Well it looks like we aren't getting Motiejunas after all.

NBA lottery pick

I don't know if anyone has noticed but Motiejunas has actually been playing well lately when he's been getting minutes. I wonder what the real reason that trade didn't go down is. The more I look at it, him being healthy is probably better than the person we pick in the first round unless somehow there's a player that drops down somehow.

NBA lottery pick

Motiejunas looked pretty good in a must win playoff game last night. I'm really wondering how that trade didn't go through lol.

Don't even remember why the trade failed

NBA lottery pick

Haha, the Pistons said they were concerned with his health issues after going over his medical records. Everyone thought they just had buyers remorse and didn't want to give up their first round pick this year.