Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Jennings In Trade Rumors

Ersan is going to have to be ok with it. I think we all agree PF is now the weakest position we have and that is where we need the upgrade. I would almost guarantee we draft a big man and also sign one in the off season.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

It is a longgggg way away, but there are some talented rangey PF's in this upcoming draft, at the moment we would have #19 -

NBA lottery pick

Most seem to think we'd go after the C from UNLV. I've seen a few different mock drafts that predict that.

Yeah I have seen that to but we are still 3 maybe 4 months away from the Mock drafts actually meaning anything - we could be anywhere from 13 to 22, i'd like to package everything we have and go after Love, without KCP involved, heck would they take Morris / Jennings / 1st / Ersan for Love?

NBA lottery pick

It all depends on the other offers they would potentially get. I'm sure they would want someone to guard Curry.

No one can guard Curry lol, but I would say Delly is a top 15 Curry guarder in the league,

Cavs dont really need Love's rebounding as they have Thompson, and Ily + Morris can cover his deep shooting and offense, plus they keep building with another first rounder in which they either use or trade for "win now" type players, I'd also throw in either Meeks or Jennings to give them another Toy for Lebron to kick it out to, preferably Jennings,

Decent college freshman

An NBA , win now team is not going to sell off one of its stars for spare parts.

NBA lottery pick

With the way Derrick Williams has been playing I would really consider sending Jennings to the Knicks for him. When Melo has been out he's been very good. Even the games where Melo has played Williams has still been productive lately. Maybe he finally figured it out. It would be another young piece to add to our other ones. Detroit could go small ball with him and Johnson. A few other guys I could see us looking at are Terrence Jones and Channing Frye. Jones defense is so terrible that would be a tough fit though. Even with Howard behind him he's bad so I can't imagine it would change here. Frye is obviously just a shooter off the bench for the most part, but he would drain 3's in that role.

Also saw Pels are trying to trade Tyreke Evans - I hate him as a starter but love him as the leader of the second unit, just not sure he would be willing to play that type of role. Has crazy handles, great vision, a great drive and great size for a guard. Surround him with shooters and he could be real effective

Doubt we have the assets to make that type of deal work,

I'd consider moving Illy in a trade involving Williams, somehow. Really want to enter next season with Stanley as the starting SF

NBA lottery pick

I don't want another guard. We really need a stretch 4 type player. Illyslova has been alright lately. I just don't view him as a long term solution. Also the thing with Evans is he's always injured.

NBA lottery pick

It really sounds like the Pistons are going to wait until free agency to make a move.

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2016/1...spn-marc-stein

We will likely have a new starting PF next season.

NBA lottery pick

It sounds like Brooklyn is interested in Jennings. The Pistons wanted Thaddeus Young, but the Nets didn't want to trade him. There's not really anybody else on their roster that I would want. I'm not even big on Young.

I like the team staying put as is. See what we get in the draft and have more talks about moving ghostface illy over the summer.

One thing I love about illy is he puts up his body for offensive charges and it has been energizing the Pistons at times. I haven't seen a Piston take charges like this since Ben Wallace.

NBA lottery pick

I think Jennings is more important to us than Young would be right now. We really need a backup PG. If we move Jennings it would be a lot of Dinwiddie and that's not good for the team. I agree we need to see where we end up in the draft. Everyone is predicting we take a big man, but I could really see us grabbing a PG like Melo Trimble or Demetrius Jackson depending on where we pick at. This draft class is starting to look pretty weak. I'm getting more for moving that pick and just going with a proven commodity. Although I do really think having those first rounders is so extremely valuable with the cap going up.

I LOVE Young - I love his skillset and team first mentality, great to elite defender and can play either F position -

However - I don't think he fits the makeup of our team, as his deep shot is somewhat limited.

Would love to have him as our 6th man, leader of the second unit - but not sure how he would feel about that