Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Jennings In Trade Rumors

Basically we'd be SA without Duncan taking a paycut, haha

NBA lottery pick

Today there were rumors of trading Cleveland for Kevin Love. We'd send Illysova, Morris, and KCP. It would hurt Detroit this season but be good in the long run.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

You know what - I LOVE that trad ^ as I think that there is no better PF in the league suited to playing next to Dre than Love would be in terms of style, however I would rather give up a first round pick than KCP -

I also would have reservations about Love thinking he "is the man" and "sulking" if we don't use him on offense as much as he would envision - I think he still sees himself as a #1 option / franchise centrepiece.

I think someone like Anderson can give us BETTER floor spacing, at a much CHEAPER price, and work just as well at PF next to Dre, and would not require to give up KCP. Even Miritic from the Bulls would be a great option -

I am not sure how it would work, but I hope Hawks pay Horford, and when Milsap's contract expires at the end of next season - I would love to swoop in on him - Great outside shooter / great rebounder / great defender / great attitude who would no doubbt understand this team is being built around Dre, and would be the veteran on a young team.

Dre
    Milsap
    Stanley
    KCP
    Reggie

In 2 years time that is top 3 seed in the East

NBA lottery pick

They'd be a contender in a year or two with Love. I really don't like the idea of losing KCP at this point. He has proved he is going to be a very good defender in this league. SG is such a weak position in the NBA. Outside of Harden and Thompson there isn't much left. KCP still has some potential to be one of the better ones. I'm sure Cleveland wishes they would have kept Wiggins as a wing defender at this point. Thompson would have played his role at PF.

I like Anderson's shooting (as I think a lot of NBA teams do). He's so weak on defense that part would be tough. Even Anderson and Dwight weren't really contenders in Orlando. Maybe having a few top notch defenders in Dre, KCP, and Johnson around him would help though.

^ it's hard to say they were not contenders when they were 3 games away from winning a championship, right?....

If we get rid of KCP, leaves a pretty big gap at the 2 guard, Meeks? Would be one of the worst starters in the league. Would have to make another trade or make a move in free agency, or try and get someone like Shump thrown in and a 2nd rounder back their way etc...

NBA lottery pick

There's a big part of me that prefers perimeter defenders and a guy that can knock down a 3 in today's NBA compared to a PF.

Decent college freshman

I'd love to find a way to land Love without giving KCP. They can have a 1st or two, ideally not next year's

NBA lottery pick

I wouldn't give up multiple 1st round picks anymore. Ask the Lakers and Nets how that's working out for them.

^^ Diff is Lakers and Nets were both getting OLD, we would still be super young -

Morris + Illy + 1st + 2nd for Love, in a heartbeat

Dre / Love / Stanley / KCP / Reggie = average age of 24

NBA lottery pick

That would be a really good team.

Defense / Rebounding / Play making / Deep shooting / Athleticism / High motor / Post scoring / Slashing / Defined roles

With an average age of 24 - Could be a very special team, could be the move that puts us into Contender status

NBA lottery pick

Cleveland would definitely still be a contender in the East. That would make Detroit one too. I'm not to sure Cleveland would want that lol. I don't think either team could currently beat Golden State though.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    ^^ Diff is Lakers and Nets were both getting OLD, we would still be super young -

Morris + Illy + 1st + 2nd for Love, in a heartbeat

Dre / Love / Stanley / KCP / Reggie = average age of 24
    Yup, the perfect time to make a move like that is right as you are on the way up, before your picks get worse. Not the other way around

NBA lottery pick

It sounds like the Pistons are going to wait to do something in free agency with their cap space rather than making trades.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/01/20/...artner=ya5nbcs

They're reportedly interested in Anderson and Motiejunas.

Would be interesting to see how Ersan responds to a move to the bench - as he didn't appear to take it too well at the Bucks,

Having a Anderson / Illy / Morris type rotation at the 4 offensively really suits Dre, but we would need to bank on Stanley and KCP becoming stars on the defensive end to make up for the lack of D,