Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Pistons rotation competitions

Yup, obviously KCP now has that position on lock. But to have someone that can give him a break and consistently hit outside shots would be great. I've never been a fan of the Meeks signing. I'd rather use that kind of money on a backup PG. Reggie has a chance of sticking around if he keeps hitting shots.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

We are building around Reggie and Dre duo ^ ofcourse he is sticking around. Is showing that he has a "closers mentality" which is a super valuable asset in this league.

But the role of backup PG is super important, backup PG in a perfect world would be your 7th man, complimenting the 6th man on your team and leading the second unit. Our backup PG at the moment is more like a fringe end of the rotation guy.

NBA lottery pick

I know Reggie Jackson is sticking around. I meant Reggie Bullock is making the case. I should have been more specific

haha oh man, that is my bad!! haha, considering Jackson had nothing to do with this conversation - i'm a goose,

But yes I hope he sticks around seems like a hard worker and zero ego, the two things you want in a bench rotation player

NBA lottery pick

The Pistons just added Lorenzo Brown.

http://www.nba.com/pistons/features/...all-star-brown

He's a pretty good player in the D League. It obviously shows that Dinwiddie really isn't 100% healthy (or maybe they just don't have faith in him anymore). I think it's interesting because Brown is 6'5". I've always liked big PG's although most of them at that height seem to never really make it.

NBA lottery pick

I know Augustin was in the rumors at the trade deadline. Looking at the way he's been playing it would have been really nice to add him as the backup PG again. That would have been huge in making the run in the end. He probably deserves to be a starter somewhere.

I totally agree with what you are saying, except I don't think he deserves to be the starter somewhere. I am, he could be, but it would be a team that would be a cellar dweller moving backwards.

In my eyes he is a top 3 backup PG in this league. Deserves to be on a championship level squad playing a valuable 13 - 20 minutes per game.

He should be on that Patty Mills type level

NBA lottery pick

A team like the Knicks could really use a PG like that. I think he's a back up on a contender or a starter somewhere else. He's been lights out lately.

Yeah now that you mention it, I believe he could be a starter on a team with a Lebron or a Durant.

I mean, he could play that 07 Mo Williams role well I think -