Default Re: Pistons rotation competitions

^^ Who?

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    ^^ Who?
    Rose

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

haha come on man, he is not an 8th man, off the bench kinda guy - he just isn't a #1 option / true franchise player anymore.

I think he is currently a 3rd option type dude, with potential (if able to stay healthy) to be a #2 option again.

Will never be a top 6 PG again in the league but is capable of being in that next 7 - 12 type group he he is able to stay healthy

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    haha come on man, he is not an 8th man, off the bench kinda guy - he just isn't a #1 option / true franchise player anymore.

I think he is currently a 3rd option type dude, with potential (if able to stay healthy) to be a #2 option again.

Will never be a top 6 PG again in the league but is capable of being in that next 7 - 12 type group he he is able to stay healthy
    He is HORRIBLY inefficient. I don't want that as my third option. Until he learns to stop going buckwild like he did in his day, he is a 7th or 8th option. I don't want a guy is currently shooting UNDER 40% to lead my second unit.

Rose needs to learn how to reign it in and not fly at the basket or shoot stupid jumpers. I see way too many shots starting off balance. He tries to play like Westbrook, but with less control. Let that settle in for a second. He plays like Westbrook, but with less control. He is still flying at the basket, but he doesn't have 1/2 the finishing ability he had his MVP year. His jumper is pathetic at this point.

If you point to his last game, I'll point to his previous 5.

I respect your opinions ^ I just think he finally has his body right - it is now just a matter of stringing games together and growing in confidence, it's still too early this season in my eyes to evaluate him - I wont point to his last game, would be happy to revisit after 20 or so games when we have a true sample size.

I think he can be in the range of 17 - 20 ppg, making him no worse than a 3rd option - I personally think he needs to change his game entirely to be a distributor now that the Bulls have plenty of scorers, I think that would be the best move for both he, and the Bulls.

Totally agree. He still has insane amounts of skill and athleticism, but his skillset is not conducive to the style of play he is used to. If he up that court vision and bring down the shot volume, the Bulls will be scary.

Unfortunately, i heard him and Butler are beefing a little bit about who's team this really is.
    Last edited by ZMonkey11; 11-08-2015 at 01:17 PM.

Unfortunately??? I think you mean FORTUNATELY!! haha, the more disgruntled the Bulls are the better it is for the Pistons ;)

p.s Hilliard has looked pretty solid for a 2nd rounder over the past few weeks. His shot is pretty smooth and he looks comfortable with the ball in his hands. I think SVG likes his maturity

NBA lottery pick

With KCP coming back Friday he won't see much PT.

yeah clearly - but still, think he has shown enough to impress - and with Jennings gone I still think he will get some minutes. His D is quite good too

Just quietly, Bullock over his past 6 games for us has averaged 10 points, shooting 13 from 21 from 3pt range (62%) wow!

Making the most of his opportunity,

NBA lottery pick

Yeah, he's been shooting great from outside. It's good to see he got his confidence back.

^^ First round pick from only 3 years back, great size at the 2-guard. If he can keep working hard he could really have a chance of being a part of our long time core off the bench. I know SVG likes him because he also plays real pesky defense.

NBA lottery pick

For a throw in player in a trade I've liked him on the team. He has a chance to be a decent role player. That's what confused me about the Hillard pick this past year. They should be trying to draft backup C's and PG's. Hopefully one of those will eventually work out.

Yeah I would say that Bullock's ceiling is a backup two guard as a full-time rotation player, 7th or 8th man. Which we would absolutely take in a heartbeat f he can consistently produce at a rotation level guy with 10 - 15 or so minutes off the bench,

I have also liked Hilliard, too.