Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: Pistons rotation competitions

The mid range J on Morris is looking wet! Very nice - very confident in his face up from deep dribble move pull up - working so far.

Meeks looking very active and at hoe off the bench, facilitating better than I have seen in years past.

Bullock is making a habit of being in the right place at the right time - very smooth jumpshot and fits the teams high energy defense first attitude.

Was happy with the limited time Baynes was on the floor - geez he is a wide unit, those screens, ouch

Reggie is quietly having a pretty good pre-season too...

Ah you saw the Bulls game? I heard it wasn't streamed so didn't even bother looking.

Yep I got a stream via firsrow sports, needless to say not much work got done in the office that day!

Morris is going to be the most frustrating player on our team this year, huge gap between his best and worst. When he is making shots he is pretty lethal, when he isn't hitting his shots he is more or less a black hole, selfish player who jut jacks up bricks.

I could see Dre getting frustrated at him today because he doesn't make the pass to the open man, rather opts to take it himself.... hrmmm

NBA lottery pick

I knew it was brilliant to sign all those players to guaranteed contracts.
    http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/10/23/...artner=ya5nbcs

One of the highest payrolls in the NBA and we're one of the few that's not a contender.

NBA lottery pick

It was good to see the guys knock down 16 three pointers tonight. Too bad Atlanta mainly played scrubs. I think Bullock has definitely done enough to make the team. He actually deserves a chance to get some playing time too. He's got enough size he can play the 3 some. I think that helps his chances. The lineup having Morris and Johnson starting at PF and SF seemed to work. I have a feeling Morris is going to play a decent amount there. That helps get Stanley and Reggie more minutes.

NBA lottery pick

Big signing today!!!

[QUOTE]Vincent Ellis: #Pistons announce signing of UConn PG Ryan Boatwright. Source says plan is to sign, waive and then assign to Grand Rapids.

Yeah the Hawks were pretty awful without their starters.

Bullock's most impressive trait to me so far is he just knows where to be on the arc, always moving around to get to a spot where he is wide open.

Dre looks to be a more capable passer this year, was zinging those post passes when he was getting doubled - no doubt an emphasis of his this off-season.

Morris looked so slow, so I agree with him being more a PF - don't think we can afford to play him at SF for long spells.

And me oh my, Steve Blake looked like Steve Nash out there, his vision.... wowee

NBA lottery pick

Looks like Bullock is going to get some PT.

[QUOTE]Keith Langlois: Meeks has a Jones fracture of his foot .. Bullock going to get more chances now. No timetable on recovery yet

I like this,

NBA lottery pick

I just saw an article on trade predictions and it had Taj Gibson coming to Detroit for Brandon Jennings. The Pistons need a 4 and the Bulls need a Derrick Rose backup. Plus the Bulls have Portis who they obviously really like and want to give more PT to. I would think the Pistons may want to trade for the other Morris twin who could be available and is the better of the two.

Gibson is a player that would perfectly suit the hardened "bad boy" demenour we are trying to recapture. He plays unsociable hard nosed basketball and is a "meat and potatoes" kind of guy. I love this move. He has a pretty solid mid range J, but not a threat from deep - which conflicts with SVG game plan

I think Gibson is a better commodity than both the Morris twins, but the Morris twins suit our game plan a little better.

Jennings to Bulls > Gibson to Suns > Markeif to Pistons

NBA lottery pick

It actually makes a ton of sense for all the teams involved. It would just suck helping Chicago out lol. They're already better than us.

Not tonight they weren't!! ha, Reggie killed rose, Rose does not even look like a starting NBA guard at the moment...

Morris shot lights out tonight, I like him more and more at PF -

We saw a lot more of Tolliver tonight too who I really like for us - stretch forward who plays hard and knows his role,

Didn't see much Bullock in Meeks absence, not any Baynes in the second half, and very little Ersan after the half too,

It was interesting that for the final 5 or so minutes of the 3rd and early 4th we were going to Stanley for buckets each time, I like the lineup of Reggie / KCP / Stanely / Morris / Dre

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Not tonight they weren't!! ha, Reggie killed rose, Rose does not even look like a starting NBA guard at the moment...

Morris shot lights out tonight, I like him more and more at PF -

We saw a lot more of Tolliver tonight too who I really like for us - stretch forward who plays hard and knows his role,

Didn't see much Bullock in Meeks absence, not any Baynes in the second half, and very little Ersan after the half too,

It was interesting that for the final 5 or so minutes of the 3rd and early 4th we were going to Stanley for buckets each time, I like the lineup of Reggie / KCP / Stanely / Morris / Dre
    It's so sad, but this. He is a solid role player at this point. 7th or 8th man off the bench.