Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: 2015 Free Agency Thread

** Van Gundy also said he hopes to keep Joel Anthony as a third center. **

Should come at a very cheap price, as I doubt he would have many other offers. I don't mind this... But that means we still need to sign a second C right?...

More on Tobias Harris

http://www.basketballanalyticsbook.c...rrated-player/

A very interesting article - i'm not a huge analytics man but wow, very impressive bunch of stats backing up his true value,

It would appear that we are going after:

1a) Carroll
    1b) Da.Green

2a) Harris
    2b) Middleton

hrmmm

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    It would appear that we are going after:

1a) Carroll
    1b) Da.Green

2a) Harris
    2b) Middleton

hrmmm
    I'm just not that excited about any of them. Since we're for sure losing Monroe the guy that makes the most sense is Harris. I really wish we could have traded Monroe for a first rounder. It just makes no sense to let a good player just walk away for nothing in return.

^^Yeah agree, but would have been hard to move him as all teams knew they would have a shot at him come free agency if they really wanted him.

Harris excites me a little due to his versatile skill-set and his potential to get even better (who knows exactly how high his ceiling is, at just 22).

To me, Carroll, Green and Middleton, whilst all extremely solid and worthy of being a starter on a contender (high end role players) - they appear to be finished products (perhaps Middleton might be able to grow a bit more as a player).

Harris, worst case scenario he is on the same level as those other 3 guys if he doesn't develop, and can play time at PF in which the other 3 can't. Best case scenario? Harris keeps improving and develops into a all-star caliber versatile forward, and becomes a 21/8 kind of guy with 3 and D skills.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I'm just not that excited about any of them. Since we're for sure losing Monroe the guy that makes the most sense is Harris. I really wish we could have traded Monroe for a first rounder. It just makes no sense to let a good player just walk away for nothing in return.
    If you are SVG would you perhaps invest big on Draymond Green and totally put all your effort into getting him?

And,

Do you think Green on this team could be the piece of the puzzle that galvanizes our team moving forward?

Dre / Biyombo
    Green / Ilyasova
    Stanley / Miller
    KCP / Meeks
    Jackson / Dinwiddie

Plenty of defense (remember Green is just about, if not, the best / most versatile defender in the league)

Plenty of shooting,

Plenty of room to grow (average age of like 23 or something crazy!)

And, I think that is a TRUE Detroit bad boys kinda team, lots of nasty / blue collar / passion... I could get around this very easily

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    More on Tobias Harris

http://www.basketballanalyticsbook.c...rrated-player/

A very interesting article - i'm not a huge analytics man but wow, very impressive bunch of stats backing up his true value,
    I'm sold. Max him

NBA lottery pick

I don't know why we wouldn't offer Milsap the max first. He's a guy that should be on the Pistons radar, yet there's no rumors of it. He rebounds, plays D, and can knock down an outside shot.

Decent college freshman

I don't know why we wouldn't offer Milsap the max first. He's a guy that should be on the Pistons radar, yet there's no rumors of it. He rebounds, plays D, and can knock down an outside shot.
    Milsap is 30 though, Harris is 22, right around the age of our core

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Milsap is 30 though, Harris is 22, right around the age of our core
    I know, and I think the team needs a veteran leader not to mention Milsap is just better.

Decent college freshman

I know, and I think the team needs a veteran leader not to mention Milsap is just better.
    Maybe he's better, but article suggests maybe not. Harris is more versatile.

I prefer to have a core that grows together. Veterans on the bench, good coaches, that's your mentor types. I'd take Milsap, but not over Harris

NBA lottery pick

Maybe he's better, but article suggests maybe not. Harris is more versatile.

I prefer to have a core that grows together. Veterans on the bench, good coaches, that's your mentor types. I'd take Milsap, but not over Harris
    It would be very tough to keep 4-5 core guys around for more than 3-4 years. They need a vet that actually plays to win. Vets just on the bench wouldn't be enough. You can't put a bunch of young guys together that have never won anything and expect them to be contenders.

Decent college freshman

It would be very tough to keep 4-5 core guys around for more than 3-4 years. They need a vet that actually plays to win. Vets just on the bench wouldn't be enough. You can't put a bunch of young guys together that have never won anything and expect them to be contenders.
    THere's no reason it would be tough to keep them together.

NBA lottery pick

THere's no reason it would be tough to keep them together.
    Money is the reason. The most max players a team can have is 3 and then the rest of the guys really have to take pay cuts. Dre will get the max, Reggie will get close, then whoever we replace Monroe with is probably going to get the max (say Harris).

Decent college freshman

Money is the reason. The most max players a team can have is 3 and then the rest of the guys really have to take pay cuts. Dre will get the max, Reggie will get close, then whoever we replace Monroe with is probably going to get the max (say Harris).
    If Johnson becomes a max guy too, we'll tackle that problem when we get there. Plus you have to figure in the cap going up and the max salaries these guys are going to get

Look at GS. They pay Iggy 14, Thompson max, Curry 11 and they'l be near maxing Green and giving Curry a new max deal when its time. They're talking extension with Barnes too, in the 10 mil range at least.