Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: 2015 Free Agency Thread

They're for sure not at the LMA/Lillard level.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

^ Not yet, but let them play a little more than like 25 games together - but I don't think it is outragous to think they could be on a similar level as that duo with time,

Guess it all comes down to just how good Reggie is / is going to be. Like I showed in another thread, over his final 15 games of the season he was statistically better than the Chris Pauls and John Wall etc in points / assists / shooting percentages. Let's see if that was just a hot stretch or in fact he really is capable of being that type of player. I think the upcoming season will answer that question for us...

NBA lottery pick

It's for sure outrageous to expect that. You guys are more optimistic than the most of the world when it comes to the Pistons lol.

haha yeah perhaps ^ I give guys the benefit of the doubt until they prove me wrong. When you see flashes of an elite player - which Reggie certianly did show flashes during those final 15 games, it gives me hope that we have a real good piece to the puzzle. Combine that with Dre hopefully taking a massive stride forward each season, a couple of seasons of seasoning for the big fella... I can just see the upside in it - but clearly there is a chance that Reggie might not be the answer, and Dre might not develop as we would have hoped, and that would be disastrous. I doubt he will ever be a big time scorer, but there is no reason why he can't put up typical Dwight numbers, i.e 16 - 18 ppg over the next few seasons, to go with 13 - 15 rebounds and 2+ bpg on 60% shooting

NBA lottery pick

Reggie is definitely not elite. He's for sure not a go to guy that takes a team to the finals. He can be a good player potentially but not elite. Dre is definitely not there either. For as much as I like him, and he is one of the better C's, I just don't see him being the guy that you drop the ball to when the game is on the line. In order to be an elite team we need to have an elite back court again. Next season it could be decent with KCP, Jennings, and Reggie but it won't be elite. We have to quit kidding ourselves. It's going to take years to rebuild this thing.

See, the thing to me is Reggie has not really been given the chance to show how good he really can be. Those 15 games last year to close the season out were as elite as any PG last year over that stretch. I personally don't think he will end up elite either, but I do believe he has atleast a small chance to be elite, and a very good chance to be a very high level starter / all-star level player. We shall see, next year will be his first full season as a starter, it will give us a big enough sample size to see what he truly is...

And Dre will never be a "go to guy" I agree,

I think KCP has some big time moment potential / big shot taker. He is very ballsy and has that killers mentality. He could potentially be somewhat of a go to man late in games in a couple of years when his game develops.

NBA lottery pick

He started a fair amount of games for OKC when Westbrook was hurt too though. And that's a far better team than Detroit has. He'd really have to put in some major work to get to the next level of PG's.

Yeah agree with having to really work hard to take his game to the next level, consistency and deep shooting are the two things that could take him to that next level...

Real hard to tell in OKC, they play a bit of hero ball there. He always put up pretty huge numbers when Westbrook was out, but he played as if he had nothing to lose - because he didn't. Now he has some serious responsibility, and he truly feels like this is HIS team, he isn't just playing caretaker for Russ...

Will be a defining season for him, one way or another....

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    It's for sure outrageous to expect that. You guys are more optimistic than the most of the world when it comes to the Pistons lol.
    Nothing to do with optimisim, its just a mindset the organization has to have. Jackson gave us a glimpse of his potential last year. We'll see if he can fulfill it now. Like I said, he may cost the max. You can't invest that in him if you don't think he can even be Lillard(who's a borderline AS, but not elite)

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Yeah agree with having to really work hard to take his game to the next level, consistency and deep shooting are the two things that could take him to that next level...

Real hard to tell in OKC, they play a bit of hero ball there. He always put up pretty huge numbers when Westbrook was out, but he played as if he had nothing to lose - because he didn't. Now he has some serious responsibility, and he truly feels like this is HIS team, he isn't just playing caretaker for Russ...

Will be a defining season for him, one way or another....
    SVG's system is very friendly to a PG like him too and like you said, he's comfortably the starter here.

Not a ton of guys can put up 20-10-5 for a third of a season, especially when they've never played in the system or with his teammates.

^^ And he is a big dude for a PG, potential to be a menace on Defense if coached correctly and if he has the right mindset,

Who are we targeting fellas?...

LMA
    Love
    Kawhii

D.Green
    Butler
    Harris

Carroll
    Middelton
    D.Green
    Wade

I would be happy to offer max to the top 3 bolded players,

The next 3 players will demand a max but I think we should avoid as I think they are not worth Max,

Then the last group will more than likely warrant 9 - 13 mill, and I would take Middleton and Green, and perhaps Carroll if he ends up being 5 or so mill less than those guys

Decent college freshman

Green and Harris are the two we have a realistic shot at IMO. I think a contender or big market team will grab Carroll.

You wouldn't max Butler??
    Last edited by Nastradamus; 06-27-2015 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Green and Harris are the two we have a realistic shot at IMO. I think a contender or big market team will grab Carroll.

You wouldn't max Butler??
    Do you think Green would be a better fit than Carroll / Midleton? Or you think it is much of muchness? Green probably has the best outside shot of the trio, and his defense is good to great, but think the other two are slightly more rounded...

It's a close call for me with Butler - I think with a player like him I would like to see more than one outstanding year before i'd max him. He may have had a great year due to opportunity after Rose and Noah were injured most of the year,

He will be maxed, and I guess if he said he would join the pistons on a Max it would be hard to turn down, but I personally would have more reservations about maxing him than the other players that will be getting maxed (Harris not included, he should not and will not be maxed)..

NBA lottery pick

I want nothing to do with Carroll. The worst part of it is the Pistons seem like they're huge on him and it's rumored to be one of the spots he might likely end up at. We're going to offer him way too much money and he's going to just be mediocre. Not only that he's going to take away a ton of minutes from Johnson. I agree we need to offer LMA and Love the max. That's just a no brainer. That move would make us instantly one of the top teams in the East for years to come. Leonard, Green, and maybe even Butler aren't going to leave their teams. I would offer Butler the max too though. There's a slight possibility he could leave. Although I think he'll try to sign a one year deal somewhere so if the Bulls do match he could have the opportunity to leave as an unrestricted FA next season.