Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718

Thread: 2015 Draft,

Decent college freshman

Default Re: 2015 Draft,

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    I think Charlotte getting Batum pushed MKG to the 2 guard and they are highly invested in him as a prospect, so Booker in their eyes was not a priority...

But, idiots!! Booker would have been perfect there, I'm happy we didn't bite on him over Stanley, but he would have made sense at #9
    I don't see why Booker would have been a better pick to improve their shooting than Frank the Tank.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    I thought they did good with Kaminsky. No way they could take Winslow with Batum and MKG on that roster
    I think Winslow is more of a SG anyhow though and both of those guys play SF. MKG I kind of consider a bust. I think Winslow is better than him. Anyway, Miami got their future Dwayne Wade replacement. I'm sure they're celebrating that pick. None of them expected that.

NBA lottery pick

For those who think it was smart to draft Kaminsky over Winslow, here's the other reason why it was dumb:

According to sources, the Celtics' final offer to the Hornets was a package that could have featured as many as six draft picks, including four potential first-round selections (a combination of picks from this draft and in the future). But the Hornets could not be swayed and turned down multiple offers to select Wisconsin center Frank Kaminsky.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

^^ I think most people think MKG has been a busy so far, but last year he played some crazy defense. Still extremely young, I think he is going to be one of the best wing defenders for the next decade... But yeah not a #2 value, more like a 7 - 10 draft day value...

The fact SVG selected Stanley over Winslow, says a lot. I wonder if hezonja was still on the board if we would have still selected Johnson over him? Hrmmm..

I think Dre and reggie really like and wanted Stanley - and vice versa

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    ^^ I think most people think MKG has been a busy so far, but last year he played some crazy defense. Still extremely young, I think he is going to be one of the best wing defenders for the next decade... But yeah not a #2 value, more like a 7 - 10 draft day value...

The fact SVG selected Stanley over Winslow, says a lot. I wonder if hezonja was still on the board if we would have still selected Johnson over him? Hrmmm..

I think Dre and reggie really like and wanted Stanley - and vice versa
    I was thinking the same thing about Hezonja. Did the Pistons have him rated higher on their board than Stanley??? They did say they had Winslow and Mudiay after Stanley. There had to be a few higher though. The thing I like better about Stanley is he has the size to play SF. He'll be able to play defense on other teams wings. Winslow wasn't going to have a chance at guarding Lebron (not that many do), but when you have guys like that and Butler in your division you need someone to match up on them. Hopefully the kid can turn into a superstar. We need one. We're not going to be able to get one in the draft anymore. This team will be mediocre enough that we won't be drafting at that #8 spot for a while.

Also just saw we are linked with going after tobias Harris on a max contract - I hope, SVG is smarter than this!...

Carroll and D.green are the other two targets, hopefully for a lot less $, but I actually wouldn't mind seeing a SF tandem of Johnson / miller - we Arnt going to be a force in the East atleast for the next season, so I like the idea of giving heavy minutes and developing those two guys.

Wonder how much Carroll and green will cost, perhaps 10 - 12 mill?...

Would rather just sign Aldridge or Love to max,

NBA lottery pick

I saw that we were interested in Harris too. He's definitely not a max player. We should be going after LMA, Love, and other high end guys first.

Surely LMA and Love can see that coming to Detroit they would be a PERFECT fit, and would turn us into contenders after a year of gelling. As well as all our other pieces being 24 or younger, so we would contend for the rest of their primes (4 or 5 years)

SVG is one home run away from being a lord!

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I think Winslow is more of a SG anyhow though and both of those guys play SF. MKG I kind of consider a bust. I think Winslow is better than him. Anyway, Miami got their future Dwayne Wade replacement. I'm sure they're celebrating that pick. None of them expected that.
    MKG is no bust. He's the new Tony Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    MKG is no bust. He's the new Tony Allen
    As a player? No way he will be a bust, I agree with the "new Tony Allen" thing, but think he has a higher ceiling - he is FAR from a finished product,

But when you consider he went #2 over guys such as Beal, Lillard, Barnes, Drummond, then it is somewhat hard not to think of him as "underachieving"

In a draft re-do he would deff still be top 10, I would say Pistons at #9 would have been a fair place for him to fall,

He is far from a bust, but also far from a #2 overall pick. But he still has time on his side, let's see how he goes in his 3rd and 4th years (the years that players usually take the biggest steps forward in)

NBA lottery pick

I wouldn't want Tony Allen as a starter on my team either.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I wouldn't want Tony Allen as a starter on my team either.
    I can understand your position - if he was a full time starter it would have to be for a team like OKC in which he would perfectly compliment scoring juggernauts such as Wes and KD as he does not require any shots really.

But for most teams it would hurt them on offense alomost more than it would help them on defense as a starter...

This is where I think MKG can become a better player than Allen, I think he can develop into a C+ player on offense as opposed to Allen's D-

MKG has more size and has some pretty good bounce (that dunk over Moose...)

He might end up being a decent slasher, but that jump shot almost looks unfixable...