Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Welcome to Motor City, Reggie Jackson

reggie jackson or bj

reggie can play the 2 i bet

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Well it has been a rough transition, but these past 5 games in which we have beaten teams such as Memphis / Chicago / Raptors (all top 4 seeds) has been a very positive sign... Two things about these huge wins for us is a) Reggie playing GREAT and b) Monroe not playing...

Over the past 5 games here are the stats:

Reggie - 20 ppg, 12 apg, 6 rpg and 35% from deep

KCP - 22.5 ppg, 54% FG, 41% 3pt (those are ELITE percentages)

Dre - 15.5 ppg, 16 rpg, 2.5 bpg, 1.3 spg

All of this without Moose. We have used Tolliver as a stretch 4 and it seems like everyone just clicks. As much as I love Moose, it seems pretty clear to me we need a stretch 4 to maximize everyone's else's game on our team.

Jackson was so disappointing with Moose on the floor, but without Moose, Reggie looks very, very good - not just from a stats perspective, but from the eye test too...

I am now thinking we let Moose walk, and do everything we can to sign Draymond Green, who is pretty much an elite version of Tolliver with top level defense...

Thoughts
    ?

NBA lottery pick

I'm pretty sure Monroe was out anyhow. They can only keep Reggie or Moose. It's Reggie. Monroe just isn't a Van Gundy kind of player. What really makes me mad is the Pistons are doing this winning thing at the end of a season again..... they will just never learn. I'd much rather have a higher pick at this point.

I don't know that the Pistons have the money to sign Green and Reggie.

Apparently we do, somehow?... Dre / Green / KCP / Jackson isn't looking like a bad future! But I do agree that I would love a Stanley Johnson or Justise Winslow at SF for us! Which of those two would you prefer?...

NBA lottery pick

Right now I like Winslow. I think he could be good. He might be drafted too high for us. We just won again tonight... And those ping pong balls haven't been doing us any favors either.

I just read an article today that said the Pistons don't have the cap space for Monroe & Jackson. They'll need to make a decision. I don't see how they would have space for Green and Jackson.

The other thing is I wouldn't be so sure Green wants to play for the Pistons all that bad. Playing for your home team can be a bad thing for some athletes. He grew up in Saginaw I believe (which is close to where I'm from originally). I'm sure there would be a lot of pressure from friends for business opportunites, etc etc. Plus Golden State looks like they have a bright future if they can keep things together. David Lee comes off the books for them next season. That spot could be all his. With Klay and Steph that sounds a lot better than Reggie and Andre. Plus it's just way better weather in NorCal.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Apparently we do, somehow?... Dre / Green / KCP / Jackson isn't looking like a bad future! But I do agree that I would love a Stanley Johnson or Justise Winslow at SF for us! Which of those two would you prefer?...
    Johnson can't shoot and we need shooters.

Decent college freshman

Unless I'm missing something we would easily be able to afford either pairing

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Johnson can't shoot and we need shooters.
    Which is why he is doing so well this past stretch not having Moose on the floor, but having another shooter in Tolliver on the floor -

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Which is why he is doing so well this past stretch not having Moose on the floor, but having another shooter in Tolliver on the floor -
    StanleyJohnson not Reggie Jackson, but your point is valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    StanleyJohnson not Reggie Jackson, but your point is valid.
    ohhh, my bad mate haha - brain fail

I think he has better mechanics than Justise though, but yeah at this stage shooting is deff not a strength of his -

After a slow start in Detroit, Jackson really heated up and looked comfortable running the show. It almost seems like he was trying to hard at the start of his time here, and when he relaxed it seemed to click for him.

Here are the stats of his final 15 games this year;

21.9 ppg
    5.2 rpg
    11.6 apg (led the league)
    53% FG
    41% 3FG

If we put them against the season averages of some others;

Paul
    19.1 ppg
    4.6 rpg
    9.6 apg
    48% FG
    40% 3PT

Wall
    17.6 ppg
    4.6 rpg
    10 apg
    44% FG
    30% 3PT

Jennings
    15.4 ppg
    2.5 rpg
    6.6 apg
    40% FG
    36% 3PT

The sample size is only 15 games, but this shows just how good he actually could be if his numbers are outshining the likes of CP3, Wall and monstering over Jennings.

Yes, his outside shot needs work and he will likely never be a true threat from there, but it is something he can definitely work on.

What are your thoughts on keeping him (likely to be a huge contract) ?

NBA lottery pick

I'm pretty sure Detroit is going to offer him a huge contract. He put up big numbers for that end stretch. I just hope he can do it after he signs a contract. There's so many guys who play well their contract season for a bit and then don't live up to it.

Decent college freshman

I'd guess we offer him no contract, at least for a while. See if someone makes an offer we can match. Its quite possible we have to max him in the end though.

I'd take him and Middleton on max deals. Pair them with Porzingis, trade Jennings for Channing Frye.

Jackson Dinwiddie (need 3rd PG)
    KCP Meeks
    Middleton Martin
    Porzingis/Frye (Tolliver?)
    Drummond Anthony.

Fill in a few depth spots and go. 2nd round SF or C

NBA lottery pick

No way I give Middleton a max deal.

NBA lottery pick

I do think we should offer Aldridge a max deal though. Monroe is going to walk. Give all that money to LMA. He would be a great compliment to Dre and that would turn the Pistons into a top 4 team in the East. It's a long shot but worth a try.