Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Larry Bird on Lebron James

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Didn't say he could have. No doubt his legacy took a hit though for the Miami move obviously. It's going to be much harder to be considered the GOAT when playing with two other HOF level players.
    MJ did it.

Kobe got his ass carried big time.

Are you serious?

You guys are pathetic.
    Lebron James will be one of the greatest players ever.
    Instead of sitting back and enjoying his career you nitpick and complain like bitches. You even dispute Larry Bird's opinion.
    You little BITCHES.
    7 rings this, legacy that, blah blah.
    Pathetic whiny little bitches.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsGame
    MJ did it.

Are you serious?

....AND.....Lebron will be CARRIED by Wade, if and when the Heat do win a title, so you have no point there. Stop embarrassing yourself
    Last edited by LakersReign; 02-06-2012 at 04:55 PM.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    He isn't horrible.
    Sir Charles: He isn't turrible

Ken-NY: what have the Pacers done with him as a GM?

Shaq: mmmmbbbmmmmrrrmm

Roar of the Galactic NBA audience: Shaq go do something else or learn to speak clearly

Ernie can't talk because of all the turbulence from the galactic roar

I don't get picked last at the park anymore TheFrozenOne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsGame
    MJ did it.

Are you serious?

MJ had a great team...but he Failed for many years and stayed

Kobe had 1 great big man....and yet Kobe was the first option in crunchtime and the teams best overall player/closer

Lebron did or is neither...he quit and left after a 64 win season!!!!...and he defers to Wade in crunchtime.

FAIL.

Good High School Starter Mach_3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    2 rings on the CAVS... with all around stats that blow away Jordan while being on pace to pass Jordan in most categories? Yes. You don't see why winning a championship for the Cavs is greater than winning one with let's say the Lakers? BTW I said a couple as an example, not a set amount. If he won 3... w/e. Either way rings on the Cavs of all teams... would have set him apart.
    First off a couple is 2

His Cavs stats aren't even better than jordans pre 93' and especially not his playoff numbers. And no one should need to look at stats to see why he's not as good as Jordan. And what difference does it make where he wins his rings? It don't matter where he's at cuz he needs a complete team to win a ring wherever he goes

Or are you saying IF he had stats that blew Jordan's out of the water? And if you are Lebron definitely ain't putting up those type of numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Faptastrophe
    Well why not? Michael won his first championship only in 1991. I would not give up on Lebron yet.
    OK, if he does win 7 rings and 7 FMVP's while hitting clutch shots (not front running like he always does), I will be the first to applaud you for your loyalty and crown him the GOAT.

I don't mean to burst your pink bubble, but it's not happening. There are other great players playing on very good teams that can/will stop the Heat from winning that many.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by G-Funk
    Bird is a horrible GM. Not that good at evaluating talent.
    Have you watched the Pacers this year? Seems like Hibbert, Tyler and Paul George are doing pretty good. Not to mention he traded for West and Collison. Larry has done a great job as GM of the Pacers.

Man, it's a shame that LeBron's legacy is being clouded by his stupid choice to make a mockery of Cleveland in "The Decision."

I think it's absolutely ludicrious to condemn him for going to Miami. It's the method in which he publicized it that has marred his legacy.

It's a shame too, because he really is one of the most talented players ever.

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    The blatant hypocrisy here is purely pathetic. Bird compliments Lebron and it's "oh....there you go. He's one of the greats, so he knows what he's talking about." But when he compliments Kobe, it's "oh...well....he's old now, a terrible GM, so he's a horrible judge as far as player talent."

More reason why REAL NBA fans don't take bandwagon Lebron fans nor anything they say seriously.
    I was about to say the same thing.

Do Lebron groupies ever get tired of completely contradicting themselves? I don't think so.

Decent playground baller rfoster24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    So he says LBJ isn't too far behind MJ, then proceeds to say LBJ isn't too far behind Kobe either. I wonder what's Bird top 10 rankings look like. This guy isn't too credible imo... he called Jordan the GOD before the first 3 peat.
    Wouldn't that make him look more credible? Anyone can call Jordan God after 6 championships and look smart. Bird called him God before he even had one and now he looks like a genius because Jordan came through with great success. Now, he is doing the same thing with Lebron. Hard to say he is going to be wrong.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    I was about to say the same thing.

Do Lebron groupies ever get tired of completely contradicting themselves? I don't think so.

No they don't. They just repeat stuff on command like mindless sheep, cuz they're way too stupid to know any better.

If Bird said it, it's bball gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    Yeah, it's Larry Freakin' Bird's credibility you should be concerned about.
    hmmmmm......

The questioning of Lebrons "killer instinct" is based on 3-4 games of Lebrons entire ****ing life and those games happened in the Finals....

Lebron has been actually more clutch than anybody (including playoffs), i got all the facts for you if you wish..... the only place Lebron has not been able to be super clutch is in the Finals....

and that will change... i bet on anything that Lebron will be torching that same exact Mavs team if that series was replayed..... what happened was a freak accident, on the worst possible time ever..... that was just terrible by Lebron standards... especially after what he just did previously to that Mavs series against Celtics and then especially against the Bulls in the ECF to get to the Finals... Wade was horrible that series, they went to the Finals because of Lebrons "killer instinct"....
    Last edited by pauk; 02-06-2012 at 07:18 PM.