Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213
    Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: Piston draft prospects

I think it is a combination of Robinson is just that DAMN good, and Drummond perhaps being a bit of a project player, Kind of like Bynum when he was drafted...

NBA lottery pick

I'd lean more toward Drummond being a project. I think it'll be a few years before he's really ready to help a team. Robinson will be a decent player, but he's so under sized that it scares me. I can see why Jordan will have a hard time making that #2 pick. It's probably the worst pick to have in the draft, lol.

I think him being undersized is a bit overhyped. He is the same size as Kevin Love, David West and Al Horford... I think he is perfect size for todays PF. His work ethic should erase any size issue (if there even is one)...

NBA lottery pick

He's slightly smaller than those guys. I'm not saying he's going to be a bad player, but I just don't see him being a starter on a championship team. He's really like 6'7" or 6'8". That's just too small.

I'v heard 6'9?... 245 pounds... If this is the case, then my comment stands true. If he is indeed 6'7 / 6'8, then yes he will be undersizeed like you say..

Robisnons skill / passion / ethic in Drummonds body... Imagine that

NBA lottery pick

That would be a C who would probably end up being the best in the league right now. Yeah, at the draft combine in Chicago they measured everybody with and without shoes. If I remember correctly Robinson was 6'75". Shoes typically add about 1"-1.5". Sullinger was only 6'8" I think.

What's Robinson's wingspan like? I know Sullinger has a terribly short wingspan... That is another reason I like Henson at #9, wingspan is 7'6!! That is an inch bigger than Dwight, an inch bigger than Bynum, and an inch bigger than anthony Davis even...

NBA lottery pick

I believe Robinson has a good wingspan. Slightly over 7'

Good college starter

The Pistons are hoping UConn center Andre Drummond drops to them at No. 9, but it's highly unlikely he makes it that far. It sounds like they're set on North Carolina power forward John Henson (6-10 1/2, 216). He was just 183 pounds when he showed up at Chapel Hill. News-Herald

NBA lottery pick

Unless teams are just trying to downplay his talent hoping that he'll drop to him in the draft everything I'm reading about Drummond the past few days is bad. At first I would have loved to see him drop to #9 so the Pistons could grab. Now it's starting to look like he might be the next Kwame Brown of the league.... He's definitely a project C. He won't be able to contribute much right away. His offensive game isn't really polished. Most are saying he'll be the biggest bust of the draft. Apparently his workouts haven't been going well lately.

Decent college freshman

Couple points.

Sullinger has a plus wingspan actually

Robinson was 6'7.75 without shoes, 6'8.75 with. So he's close to 6'9 on gameday. Thing is, when you hear an NBA player is 6'9, its generally his in shoes measurement. Robinson is right there with most PFs in height and he has a plus wingspan, work ethic and athleticism.

A lot of teams regretted letting Bynum slip to 9 when he wasn't ready yet.

NBA lottery pick

What's everybody's fixation with 6'9" PF's? I've said it for years, I don't want a 6'9" PF trying to get my team to a championship. Even the Bulls have learned they need to play Gibson over Boozer in the playoffs against the bigger guys. Look at the last teams that have won championships. Who were their PF's? Bosh, Gasol, Garnett, Duncan, and even Rahseed Wallace.... what do they all have in common? Size. They are big PF's. Heck even when Miami won in 06 they had Shaq and Zo down low. You need to have size fellas!!!!

You can't draft a guy like Sullinger and expect any more than a guy who can possibly help off the bench. You also have to figure he's going to have injury problems eventually. The past 3-4 years there's people on this board that want us to draft the 6'9" guy with a lottery pick. Every year I make this arguement and every year that 6'9" guy is nothing more than a role player at best. Luckily I won't have to worry about Joe D making this mistake this year so I don't even see it as a debate. There's no way the Pistons draft Sullinger at #9 tomorrow. If Joe D does that he should be fired.

What do you guys think of Leonard?? His name has been booming over the past few days...

NBA lottery pick

I'm not sure about Leonard at #9. He has a chance to be a pretty good player but I don't see him being a guy that makes it to all-star games or anything like that. I think Detroit will go with a guy like Henson (if he's even there ) or Moultrie.

Local High School Star

Leonard is sadly gonna be Darko 2.0