Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Pistsons Claim Referees Favor Dwyane Wade

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    Wade getting preferential treatment from NBA refs, wow this is shocking, just shocking news.....................
    The following players get preferencial treatment from the refs:
    Kobe
    Lebron
    Wade
    Duncan

why? because they're superstars.. Is it right? debatable, but it's not just one guy. Don't hate because he's having a better season than your boy.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel
    Wade fans sure have a "us against the world' mentality ...
    I wouldn't really stereotype Wade fans by what clowns like jrong and plowclown spew out on this board. Their entire lives seem to revolve around pumping Wade and dealing with their MASSIVE inferiority complex when it comes to LeBron. The Heat fans I've come across on other boards aren't like this, albeit, a little overexcited over their favorite player being relevant again for the first time in 2 years.

Put yr guns up

The real story should be Curry's dumbass getting ejected. He should be fined (or just flat out fired, really) for not waiting until the end of the game for his tirade. He cost his team a chance to tie the game.

Lebron fans have a "get the officiating bias scene away from us" mentality.

I don't care what people think about favoring and what not, because with Wade people will always take the easy way out and point the finger at the refs.

What I will dispute is whether they were fouls and clearly all of them weren't so I don't see what there is to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    I wouldn't really stereotype Wade fans by what clowns like jrong and plowclown spew out on this board. Their entire lives seem to revolve around pumping Wade and dealing with their MASSIVE inferiority complex when it comes to LeBron. The Heat fans I've come across on other boards aren't like this, albeit, a little overexcited over their favorite player being relevant again for the first time in 2 years.
    Wade isn't even my favorite player on the Heat.

As for you, its kind of sad trying to present yourself as a Bulls fan when you cheer more for Lebron then your whole team.

I don't care what you think and the only reason you came in here to post was due to the little feeling deep inside where you know Wade has been better this season.

Wade get's a lot of love from the refs. It's no worse than what Lebron, Kobe, or any other superstar. People need to just quit complaining about it already. You guys act like the NBA refs just now started to be bias.

I don't like it, but it is what it is.

The Holy Trinity

We've been conditioned that way by for the past six years by Wade's treatment-- or lack thereof-- by the media....

Seriously, do you remember all the amazing games and highlights from Wade's rookie season? No? Well, that's because you never saw any of them on TV because the only rookies whose games were aired were Melo (who?) and Bron! There's more footage of Wade's rookie year on youtube than there was ever shown on television.

Then came the Shaq trade, and Wade's statistical improvement was all-about Shaq. It had nothing to do, of course, with the fact that his shot attempts increased by 25% or that he was only sharing the offense with one other player (Shaq) instead of two (Lamar and Caron). And whatever Wade did, the caveat "plays with Shaq" was always attached. It didn't matter if Shaq was sitting out entire fourth quarters or injured and sitting out completely-- the disclaimer was always "Wade has Shaq".

Then, last year-- the one lost to injury-- it was just a whole media-pile-on on top of Wade. I vividly remember JVG and Mark Jackson saying Wade wasn't a top five shooting guard during a broadcast. That's right-- they didn't say that Wade's wasn't a top five player or even top five guard. They said he wasn't a top five shooting guard. (So, it's kind of hilarious to see them on his sack now).

And the Olympics-- that was fun. Clearly, NBC hadn't banked on the fact that Wade was going to be the best player on Team USA. It was amusing to watch them try to scramble to adjust.

And now in the last month, he's finally starting to get some loooong overdue consideration in the best-in-the-world conversation. Of course, to get it he had to put up numbers over that month that Kobe and LBJ have only dreamed about.

So, yeah, overall Wade fans may be a little sensitive and defensive about all this. I believe I've now explained pretty succinctly why this would be the case.
    Last edited by jrong; 03-23-2009 at 11:56 PM.

The Holy Trinity

I wouldn't really stereotype Wade fans by what clowns like jrong and plowclown spew out on this board. Their entire lives seem to revolve around pumping Wade and dealing with their MASSIVE inferiority complex when it comes to LeBron.
    You're just sad, sir. You continually call me out when I've told you repeatedly that I don't want you to talk to me or even to acknowledge me because you've demonstrated over and over that you have nothing to contribute to an intelligent conversation. There are several Cavs fans around here whose thoughts I respect, but you don't have any intelligent thoughts, unless we're supposed to count the insults you resort to because you can't back up any of your own arguments rationally.

But, what's pathetic is that you masquerade as if you're a Chicago Bulls fan, when in reality all you are is the biggest James groupie this side of LeBron 23 and PB. Just pitiful....
    Last edited by jrong; 03-24-2009 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    Seriously, do you remember all the amazing games and highlights from Wade's rookie season? No? Well, that's because you never saw any of them on TV because the only rookies whose games were aired were Melo (who?) and Bron! There's more footage of Wade's rookie year on youtube than there was ever shown on television.
    Wade wasn't expected to be this good. The NBA decides which games are going to be nationally-televised before the season begins. So that's why. He still got some love when he went to the secound round.

Then came the Shaq trade, and Wade's statistical improvement was all-about Shaq. It had nothing to do, of course, with the fact that his shot attempts increased by 25% or that he was only sharing the offense with one other player (Shaq) instead of two (Lamar and Caron). And whatever Wade did, the caveat "plays with Shaq" was always attached. It didn't matter if Shaq was sitting out entire fourth quarters or injured and sitting out completely-- the disclaimer was always "Wade has Shaq".
    Well the first year Shaq was in Miami, he was the best player on the team, not Wade ...

Then, last year-- the one lost to injury-- it was just a whole media-pile-on on top of Wade. I vividly remember JVG and Mark Jackson saying Wade wasn't a top five shooting guard during a broadcast. That's right-- they didn't say that Wade's wasn't a top five player or even top five guard. They said he wasn't a top five shooting guard. (So, it's kind of hilarious to see them on his sack now).
    Can you really blame him ? Wade last year was playing injured, on a horrible team and he was nowhere near the level he was before or the level he is now. He had a poor season by his standards. Not in the top 5 is probably absurd, but it's easy to forget about someone when he's on a losing team and playing badly.

And by the way, Wade's MVP case is A LOT louder than LeBron's last year. And LeBron had similar numbers/team record. So I'm not sure about that "The media ignore Wade" theory.
    Last edited by Mikaiel; 03-24-2009 at 12:15 AM.

The Holy Trinity

So I'm not sure about that "The media ignore Wade" theory.
    Do you know that Wade was, for the most part, never even referenced in the same sentence as LeBron until after the 2006 Finals? If you go back and read the NBA coverage prior to that series, the two players were rarely grouped together in articles, even though they were both from the Class of 2003.

And even after that, the sentences were written "LeBron James and Dwyane Wade..." as opposed to "Dwyane Wade and LeBron James...". But, prior to Wade's Finals performance, LeBron the majority of the time was treated completely independently in writeups, as one who was in a separate class.

So, to break this down, even though Wade's "big three category" stat production was not that far behind LeBron in any of their first three years durng the regular season and the two players' stats were even closer if you looked at secondary categories, he was rarely mentioned in the same sentence as James in the press. And even though Wade had been to the playoffs both of his first two years while James hadn't yet been there and he had already won three series and played like a superstar, he still wasn't designated in print in the same grouping with LeBron.

In fact, Wade had to produce one of the greatest playoff series performances ever, just to get his name in the same breath coming after that of LeBron James. And I've made this comment before, but I honestly believe that if LeBron had been the one in the Finals putting on the same performance that Wade had, the media would have crowned him the GOAT-in-waiting on the spot. But, Wade had to do it just to get journalists to write "LeBron James and Dwyane Wade."

The troll above accused me of having a massive inferiority complex pertaining to James. That's not true in regards to the player comparison because I do not believe LeBron is a better player than Wade at all. But, it is true when it comes to the player respect factor.

You see when LeBron James came into the league, the NBA rolled out the red carpet for him. Dwyane Wade had to kick in the door.

His first struggle on a personal level was to get the world to notice him in spite of the blinding glare that from the spotlight that beamed on LBJ and Carmelo. His next struggle was to get people to see that he was not simply Shaq's sidekick and that he played in nobody's shadow. His next struggle after that was to get the world to acknowledge that he was still an elite player when he came back healthy and that he wasn't just a flash-in-the-pan. Now his struggle is to force everyone to accept that he plays the game as well as anyone and he takes a back seat to no one.
    Last edited by jrong; 03-24-2009 at 01:06 AM.

I'm a huge Wade fan, he is my favorite player. Let's just admit it though, the NBA refs kiss his ass. The game really is tarnished by the way refs favor players. It kills the integrity of the game.

jrong is one of the more logical posters on this board. you're a bulls fan who only posts [nonsense] about lebron james.

jrong and loki, despite how obsessive they are about their favorite players, always have proof and logical arguments to back up whatever they say about said players.

National High School Star

Wade is great but his championship is tarnished because it was rigged.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    You're just sad, sir. You continually call me out when I've told you repeatedly that I don't want you to talk to me or even to acknowledge me
    Who the **** is talking to you? I've no interest in engaging in anything meaningful with you...you're nothing beyond a whiny Wade groupie with an annoying agenda. And I find it hilarious that you're so oblivious to that. I also don't give a **** about what you think of other Cavs fans on this board. I'm not a Cavs fan. I'm a LeBron fan. Speaking of Cavs fans though, you might respect them, but they sure as **** don't see you the same way. To them you're nothing beyond an agenda-driven Wade groupie who's posts on this board have always revolved around 2 things - either sucking Wade's dick or pmsing about LeBron.

But, what's pathetic is that you masquerade as if you're a Chicago Bulls fan, when in reality all you are is the biggest James groupie this side of LeBron 23 and PB. Just pitiful....
    What's pathetic is that YOU think you're in some position to call somebody else a groupie.

And @ me masquerading as a Bulls fan. Yeah, I've lived pretty much my entire life here in Chicago, have a huge collection of old Bulls games and haven't missed a Bulls game in years. But since I also happen to be a fan of a superstar player on a different team...I can't possibly be a Bulls fan . Stick to sucking Wade off.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    Wade get's a lot of love from the refs. It's no worse than what Lebron, Kobe, or any other superstar. People need to just quit complaining about it already. You guys act like the NBA refs just now started to be bias.

I don't like it, but it is what it is.

I dont understand where this sudden shock comes from? This has been happening for a very long, long time. With players from many eras.

Im not sure im liking the average NBA fan today. Too much complaining.