Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

Default Re: Allen Iverson to the bench;Rip back in starting lineup

This mancrush on Stuckey the Pistons have is not healthy.

Rich Manning is my dad Vancouver-Grizz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JJ81
    Rip should have never been sent to the bench

Agree....Should of been stuckey on the bench till next year.

Iverson/Hamilton is the best combo for them right now.

They have issues, had issues even before AI got there. They're just using him as a scapegoat. I doubt this makes THAT much of an impact. AI deserves better.

HI

I can't wait for this and when they keep playing and looking like sh*t, who are they gonna blame it on then?

Quote Originally Posted by -M-I
    I can't wait for this and when they keep playing and looking like sh*t, who are they gonna blame it on then?

Thats easy, they'll go for Stuckey next.

I have always thought Allen Iverson was perfect for the 6th man role. Starters like Manu Ginobili & Jason Terry are making that 6th man position mean something again and Iverson can join right in with them and give the Pistons a dynamic they havent had.

But, in the end, it really doesnt matter who starts, Stuckey or Iverson, as long as Rip is in the starting lineup. They should have never benched Rip for Stuckey or Iverson, that was a dumb move.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

I'm going to LOL if they go on a 6+ win streak after this.

I love how the actual Pistons fans and people that actually watch the game know Stuckey should be on the bench.

It's the others that hurt us.

National High School Star mattevans11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -M-I

considering the lost their last eight games, it would be really hard not to get some sort of statistical improvement from this move..... i think we will be more likely to hear that the pistons are doing well since the move of AI to the bench, than it is stuckeys fault now. if they go on to lose their next eight games..... everyone will be blamed....

GET USED TO THE BENCH IVERSON........... or go to europe or retire for all i care

one of the most OVERRATED players of ALL time.

NBA lottery pick

yall chumps gonna lose to OrLANDO

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by willds09
    The pistons are going to get worse, very bad idea.
    the pistons can't get much worse. they've lost 8 straight and have gone 4-12 since rip got benched. i've been saying for months that ai should have been benched before rip.

i'll say this though. ai's ego is gonna be in for a rude awakening now and this summer. if ai wants any chance at a ring, he better get used to coming off the bench as a sixth man. no contender is gonna pick him up in the summer and insert him in the starting lineup.

Decent college freshman

You also forget that pistons went on a six game winning streak without RIP( injured), and AI - Stuckey being starters.

4 - 12 is thanks to the schedule, which was quite tough for the pistons.

College superstar

I'm glad the Pistons have been having all these nationally televised games lately. Suns too. I like watching slow motion train wrecks.

This is how it should be. Stuckey has played poorly the past 6 weeks, but all you idiots just can't ignore what he did the last half of last year, last years playoffs, and the start of this year because of a bad stretch where the team is in shambles all around him. He still distributes well and can defend better than Iverson. Not like he's jacking up 17 shots a night while averaging 35%.

Local High School Star

Christ, I've seen so many uninformed morons post in 1 thread.

FACTS:

1. Stuckey is starting because he is a point guard. He can run the offense. He has struggled the past three weeks as he hit the wall. Prior to that, since becoming a starter, he averaged 16 points, 6 assists and 4 rebounds a game(Spanning Dec and Jan), while shooting 50% from the field and averaging 2 turnovers. He is a second year player. Chill the *** out with the "Stuckey sucks" crap you idiots.

2. Dumars traded Billups for a couple reasons. First, the trade clears loads of cap space for 2009 and 2010 which could set teh team up for another prolonged run of success. They have replacement on board (Stuckey). Also he figured AI would energize the team and help them with playoff scoring. It had nothing to do with Dumars thinking AI was a better fit than Chauncey. Chauncey did NOT want to leave. He heard the rumors that he may be dealt so his agent asked Dumars to trade his client to Denver if the situation called for it.

3. They are not benching AI because they think he sucks. They have tried everything else and nothing has worked. Maybe this helps? They have to try it. Hamilton gives the starting unit better cohesion and defense. Someone they are familiar with. Iverson can be a great energetic 6th man and can kill the opponents' bench. The team seems to play better with Hamilton on the floor.

What else can I answer for you uninformed gentlemen?