Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Aaron Afflalo

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Aaron Afflalo

I don't mind Kaman. I've thought about it before too. The thing that scares me so much about him is that Clippers fans really want to trade him now it seems like. They say he isn't going to get any better than what he is now and wouldn't mind getting something for him while they can. If we traded Rip for him they would definitely be getting the better player. Still the guy can put up a double-double every night and has legit size. The Clippers have a Gordon of their own at SG already too and he could be pretty good. I watched him play last year and he was really a go to guy for them.

The salaries do match up though. We could just make the trade straight up. Of course then we need a backup SG, and the Clippers don't have anyone to give up for that.

NBA lottery pick

It seems Joe D might have already been thinking about the backup SG position. I heard an announcer say today that the Pistons gave Deron Washington a guaranteed contract. Basically that would mean we might not have the cap space we think we do. What is Joe D on? Does he have a gambling debt that we don't know about and he is trying to make it up by making crazy moves?

Edit, it's true, just none of us heard about it.
    http://www.wvva.com/Global/story.asp...nav=menu1358_4
    If we would have known there was another SG on the roster a week ago we would have known Joe D was up to something.
    Last edited by dd24; 07-13-2009 at 11:48 PM.

Stern+refs=fail

Ben Wallace is a free agent

NBA lottery pick

He's not a FA. He just might get bought out because he wants to retire. He'd be dumb to get bought out and then sign for the minimum somewhere. He has 14 million guaranteed coming to him. If he wants to play he'll stay in Phoenix. Chances are he's just done.

I think Detroit is looking at Glen Davis, Drew Gooden, Chris Wilcox, etc.

NBA lottery pick

I think he'll retire. There's no way he can make up the 4 million by going anywhere else.

Stern+refs=fail

Default Re: Aaron Afflalo…

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I think he'll retire. There's no way he can make up the 4 million by going anywhere else.
    It's not all about money, especially at that point in one's career.

NBA lottery pick

I don't know, it was just a few years ago when he left Detroit. Also what contender would want him, if he decided to try to go after one more ship? I think he isn't healthy enough to play. Wasn't he battling injuries?

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

It seems Joe D might have already been thinking about the backup SG position. I heard an announcer say today that the Pistons gave Deron Washington a guaranteed contract. Basically that would mean we might not have the cap space we think we do. What is Joe D on? Does he have a gambling debt that we don't know about and he is trying to make it up by making crazy moves?

Edit, it's true, just none of us heard about it.
    http://www.wvva.com/Global/story.asp...nav=menu1358_4
    If we would have known there was another SG on the roster a week ago we would have known Joe D was up to something.
    yeah, I was aware they gave him a contract. Still, when you have to have 12 players on the roster at minimum, I didnt necc assume it meant afflalo was gone. I thought it meant rip was being traded for some size. ****ing 3.5 mil BS. This team is not going to do well next year unless I am way off on our 3 person FC.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

I don't know, it was just a few years ago when he left Detroit. Also what contender would want him, if he decided to try to go after one more ship? I think he isn't healthy enough to play. Wasn't he battling injuries?
    well, he suffered a compound fracture of his right leg (fibia maybe? Dont recall). Its not like thats a long-term health issue, just a freak accident.