Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Afflalo

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Aaron Afflalo

I agree Rip is the better player in the deal. Chandler fills more of a need. I don't want to trade Rip, but I don't want a team with him and BG on it either. Since BG just got the big deal and can't be traded until December and he's the younger of the two I'm guessing he's the one that stays. I don't think we can get Boozer for Rip, at least not without some creativity and a 3rd team which I haven't thought of how that would work yet. Who knows about Bosh.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Jerebko is a SF. I would really like to have Lee, but he's not a C and neither is Wilcox. I'm not opposed to trading Kwame. I'm pretty much a Kwame hater, but he is the biggest body we have right now. We'll need him for defensive reasons. I'm not saying he's a good defender, I'm just saying he's all we have.
    frankly, at 4 mil/year and with his size, he is too valuable to the pistons to trade. they couldnt get equal value back (in terms of a big man). and plaisted, I always thought he was a 4 in college, no?

NBA lottery pick

He may have been but he's playing center now. He looks pretty bad in the summer league so if you can't shine there I don't see how he has a chance in the league. We'll probably never see him on the roster.

Stern+refs=fail

David Lee could easily play Center if he had to be. Even his NBA player page says forward/center.

NBA lottery pick

He is only 6'9". Like I said before though, at this point I'd seriously consider two really good PF's.

Stern+refs=fail

He is only 6'9". Like I said before though, at this point I'd seriously consider two really good PF's.
    When have the Pistons even cared about size? We haven't had a 7 footer in years, our PG is tall enough to play SG, our SG is tall enough to play SF, our SF has freakishly long arms and can probably play PF, Sheed played Center even though he is a PF, Ben Wallace was also 6'9".
    Last edited by detsportsfan3; 07-13-2009 at 06:41 PM.

NBA lottery pick

Wallace was a freak of nature at the time. Stuckey is a small SG. Rip is a small SF. If everybody moved over positions they would get crushed. Small ball only works for short spurts in a game. Like I said though, at this point I'm willing to go with two really good PF's. If we can bring in the right guy we'll just need to have times where Charlie is guarding a C.

NBA lottery pick

It looks like Chris Mihm is available too. Wouldn't that be something if we ended up with both of the Lakers old centers from their rebuilding years.... In all honesty though, I did like Mihm's game before his injury. He still could be a good starter for someone if he was able to come back 100% healthy.

Stern+refs=fail

All I know is we can sign **** with the money we have, and Kwame is still our starting (and only C) What you see now is pretty much what you get, and that is a hideous starting lineup. I like rip but Dumars has got to trade him just to fill the gaps on the team. And like you I'll just take the best big man we can get for him, PF or C.

Stern+refs=fail

It looks like Chris Mihm is available too. Wouldn't that be something if we ended up with both of the Lakers old centers from their rebuilding years.... In all honesty though, I did like Mihm's game before his injury. He still could be a good starter for someone if he was able to come back 100% healthy.
    All aboard the mediocre train. Is he really the best we can get? And Kwame? God... does Dumars just have a thing against Centers? Won't trade for one, won't draft one, won't pay big money for one. I mean I honestly wouldn't mind at all if we just started Amir at center again, and had him split time with Kwame, and then keep Afflalo.

NBA lottery pick

I would have been fine with Amir too. If we can end up trading for a better PF than I'm fine with it. Here's a list of who's available: Drew Gooden, Joe Smith, Chris Wilcox, Jason Collins, Jarron Collins, Rasho Nesterovic, Juwan Howard and Chris Mihm.

Based on potential I like Wilcox the best. He's listed as a F/C at 6'10". He was a beast in Seattle for a minute. If he was able to play like that he could be a steal. Nonetheless your probably right. Who's the shortest player on that list

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detsportsfan3
    All aboard the mediocre train. Is he really the best we can get? And Kwame? God... does Dumars just have a thing against Centers? Won't trade for one, won't draft one, won't pay big money for one. I mean I honestly wouldn't mind at all if we just started Amir at center again, and had him split time with Kwame, and then keep Afflalo.
    shoulda got deandre jordan with one of those 2nd rounders last year. he could come in and compete with Kwame for the starting spot (even as raw as he is).

Kind of off topic, well maybe not with recent posts,

but whats up with Chris Kaman? I'd love to get him on our team. I know he is kind of on the outs with the Clippers.

Come back to Michigan Kaman!

Stern+refs=fail

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic R
    Kind of off topic, well maybe not with recent posts,

but whats up with Chris Kaman? I'd love to get him on our team. I know he is kind of on the outs with the Clippers.

Come back to Michigan Kaman!
    Joe Dumars is whats up. He really doesn't care what the fans want, he is in his own little world where you don't need a center.

Quote Originally Posted by detsportsfan3
    Joe Dumars is whats up. He really doesn't care what the fans want, he is in his own little world where you don't need a center.
    SMH…
    I have no clue what direction Dumars is going with this team anymore. Definitely not a winning direction…
    Last edited by Sonic R; 07-13-2009 at 11:25 PM.