Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Afflalo

Stern+refs=fail

Default Re: Aaron Afflalo

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Every team has a guy they pay 10 million for to be a backup right That would be a brilliant move Joe D.......
    I hate pretty much every move Dumars has made this past year.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by detsportsfan3
    I hate pretty much every move Dumars has made this past year.
    I agree 100%. Although, I think Villaneava's contract did end up being for 35 million so that's not a bad deal. We just have to see if he can be the man down low for a team, since he's never really been the go to guy.

I think sometimes we are a little too nice to Joe D because we were such huge fans of him when he was on the court. Let's face it, to put together the team that won it took a lot of luck. There was no gaurantee those players were all going to blossom. Besides that he's had numerous bad drafts, bad signings, and bad trades. Don't get me wrong, there's a part of me that likes getting those unknown types of players for a good price. It's just you can't do that with every player you go after and then when you finally decide to spend some cash it's on a guy who should be a 6th man. Well, there's my little Joe D rant. I guess I'm just confused as to what his vision of this team is (will we keep Rip, etc, etc) and just a little upset in general.

as far as keeping rip, we wouldn't have been able to trade him until this point anyway. rip's wedding was this weekend, and nobody is that much of a d!ck to trade a guy away on his wedding day.

hopefully now though, we will see the resolution of this crowded backcourt and undermanned frontcourt conundrum...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

and he's gone, apparently. i wish we could have kept him, and instead traded rip to get a better big man, but that still might happen.

goodbye walter sharpe

and hopefully... hello david lee?

NBA lottery pick

I'd love to see Lee but I think he's trying to get way more money than we have to offer. If the Pistons offer him around 5 million the Knicks would be sure to match and we'd being doing them a favor.

Even though Afflalo is gone I still think they are going to try to trade Rip. Him for Boozer is good for us but not so good for Utah because Boozer contract expires and Rip is still under contract for a few years and they are trying to shed salary, not take it on. So I don't know if that will happen anymore without another team involved. I sure don't want to give up Prince like they wanted too.

This move probably gives us the money to sign Glen Davis..... wait don't we already have Summers, Daye, and Maxiell who both play the same spot....

Stern+refs=fail

Quote Originally Posted by dealer77
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

and he's gone, apparently. i wish we could have kept him, and instead traded rip to get a better big man, but that still might happen.

goodbye walter sharpe

and hopefully... hello david lee?
    Goodluck getting Lee for $4.5 mil. Dumars is a complete moron. This move only makes sense if we were barely over the luxury tax or were close to signing a big name guy. But now with the extra WHOPPING $1.8m in cap space, we can go from sigining a mediocre player, to signing a less mediocre player!

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Unless he is planning on using the cap space to take back more salary than he is senfing out in a trade, I agree. dumb move. You wont get a center as effective as afflalo is a guard for 3.5 mil. drew "dumbass" gooden here we come.

Stern+refs=fail

This move probably gives us the money to sign Glen Davis..... wait don't we already have Summers, Daye, and Maxiell who both play the same spot....
    And Maxiell, and wait... didn't we trade Amir who also played the same spot? The Amir and Afflalo trades saved a combined $3.5 mil. Davis will probably want $5m. So... Afflalo, Amir, Sharpe, cash considerations, and $1.5m in cap space for Big Baby and a (late) second rounder? TERRIBLE

Stern+refs=fail

Isn't Gooden like 48 years old? Sharpe+Amir+Affalo for Oberto and Gooden? Love this new kind of rebuilding where you get old players instead of young ones. Way to go Dumars!

Stern+refs=fail

Also, this is pure bull**** how we are letting Denver take advantage of us.... AGAIN! A late 2nd rounder? GTFO! Even Denver fans were saying Afflalo actually had a chance of starting.... I'd ask for a future 1st from Denver, it would be close to where we drafted Afflalo anyways. Lets think about it this way, we about doubled our cap space through this trade. What if we were on the other end of the deal? Our 2nd rounder for two decent young players? I jump on that. Just wondering why these kind of trades never happen for us....

Wouldn't be surprised if people started calling him Joe Dumbarse if the pistons suck this year. And now that's... what? 8 roster spots? God.... 3 rookies coming up next year? Summers, Daye, and Washington I would guess? I don't dislike any of them but I'd rather see them get 30 mpg in the D-league instead of 2 in the pros.
    Last edited by detsportsfan3; 07-13-2009 at 02:51 PM.

now, call me a j@ckass if that's what i am, but how about this for a deal...

NY gets:
    Rip
    Kwame Brown

DET gets:
    Chris Wilcox
    David Lee

I think there is some way a sign and trade could be worked out like this. New York gets an expirer in Kwame, a legit SG that they haven't had for a while, and we get 2 good bigs. Obviously, Lee is better than Wilcox, but I consider Wilcox an upgrade over Kwame, as I think most people do.

Stuckey/Bynum
    Gordon/Washington
    Tay/Daye/Summers
    Lee/Villanueva/Maxiell
    Wilcox/Jerebko(who is apparently a 5 now)

Possible?
    Last edited by dealer77; 07-13-2009 at 03:22 PM.

Stern+refs=fail

Quote Originally Posted by dealer77
    now, call me a j@ckass if that's what i am, but how about this for a deal...

NY gets:
    Rip
    Kwame Brown

DET gets:
    Chris Wilcox
    David Lee

I think there is some way a sign and trade could be worked out like this. New York gets an expirer in Kwame, a legit SG that they haven't had for a while, and we get 2 good bigs. Obviously, Lee is better than Wilcox, but I consider Wilcox an upgrade over Kwame, as I think most people do.

Stuckey/Bynum
    Gordon/Washington
    Tay/Daye/Summers
    Lee/Villanueva
    Wilcox/Jerebko(who is apparently a 5 now)

Possible?
    I'd do Kwame for Lee... and that is about it. i aint trading rip for a guy we could've just signed.

Jerebko isn't a Center, he just plays it in the d-league cause Plaisted is our only Center (20 something players between the 2 teams and our only Centers are Kwame and Plaisted? COME ON DUMARS!!!)

NBA lottery pick

Jerebko is a SF. I would really like to have Lee, but he's not a C and neither is Wilcox. I'm not opposed to trading Kwame. I'm pretty much a Kwame hater, but he is the biggest body we have right now. We'll need him for defensive reasons. I'm not saying he's a good defender, I'm just saying he's all we have.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by detsportsfan3
    (20 something players between the 2 teams and our only Centers are Kwame and Plaisted? COME ON DUMARS!!!)

Very true, I'd be happy with two extremely good PF's almost at this point. Other than that the only person available is Tyson Chandler but who knows about his foot.....

Stern+refs=fail

Very true, I'd be happy with two extremely good PF's almost at this point. Other than that the only person available is Tyson Chandler but who knows about his foot.....
    I wouldn't mind Chandler but I think Rip is much better and I think Chandler is way overpaid (12m this year, 13 next) and then you have his foot injury, NOH would have to add a lot for me to consider.