Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Afflalo

Default Aaron Afflalo

Well Afflalo has had a stunning pre-season thus far I'd say

Hope this is a sign of good things to come and hopefully he will be able to contribute

Default Re: Aaron Afflalo

Pistons bench needs to step up more than ever now that several key Pistons core players are getting old fast

NBA lottery pick

Chauncey definately does seem more injury prone now. I'd love to see Afflalo step up like he says he can. He had a good summer league too. I think we all know Stuckey is going to play quite a bit, but if something happens to Rip or Chauncey those other guys are going to get thrown right in the mix.

Good college starter

For anybody who didn't see the double 0T game Wednesday against the Rockets Arron Affalo went off for 24pts on 7-13 shooting, 4-6 from 3pt range and 6-6 from the FT line.

He had a 16pt game Tuesday against the Mavs on 6-12 shooting, and 4-7 from 3pt range.

Joe Dumars knows what he is doing when it come to drafting players. Afflalo and Stuckey are going to be a killer backcourt in the near future.

NBA lottery pick

Afflalo has been playing nice lately. He's stepped up with Rip and AI being injured. Imagine if we didn't have such a logjam at SG and he actually had opportunities to play all season long. It's one thing for a player to put up a couple nice games, I want to see what he can do for an entire season.

Quote Originally Posted by idizzle
    Joe Dumars knows what he is doing when it come to drafting players. Afflalo and Stuckey are going to be a killer backcourt in the near future.
    Meh

NBA lottery pick

I'm actually very disappointed with Maxiell. It seems like since it isn't a contract year anymore he just isn't stepping up. With all these injuries lately you would think he would be producing a little more. It's not like he isn't playing at all. Right now I wouldn't mind if we used him as trade bait. I think Amir has more upside. He does more of the intangible things. I don't think either one will be an all-star caliber player.

Decent college freshman

Maxiell is just about dunking, nothing else.
    Amir Jhonson is foul machine, he cant stay in a game more then 15 minutes.
    Kwame is playing fine.
    Dyess is stepping it up, but hopefully he isnt getting tired and be ready by playoffs.
    Afflalo after 2 great games, he is back to earth lately..
    Will bynum is playing great, and better then stuckey lately. This has to do with Stuckey being worn out IMO. It seems to me he needs a bit of rest.
    Tayshaun prince is stepping it up again..

There is desperate need for the return of AI/RIP/Sheed or else Bulls will take that 7th spot.Their schedule is hell alot easier.

NBA lottery pick

I really like what the Bulls did at the trade deadline. They got a lot better. Salmons is a very under rated guy in the league IMO. Miller may be old but he's still got some game left. I think the Bulls have a very good chance of getting the 7 seed.

Good college starter

The Pistons could be trading Aaron

http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/...lalo-a-nugget/

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

saw that **** in the main forum. I know we have too many guards, but for his salary, its not worth trading him. We arent going to get a decent big with 4 mil (since all the decent ones except milsap already signed).

Stern+refs=fail

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    saw that **** in the main forum. I know we have too many guards, but for his salary, its not worth trading him. We arent going to get a decent big with 4 mil (since all the decent ones except milsap already signed).
    Yup, if we are to trade him it better be for a young Center or something. And yeah, there isn't a big difference in talent between a 3 mil player and a 4 mil player.

NBA lottery pick

Is Joe D just trying to make the Nuggets better??? Why trade him instead of Maxiell? Also why is he trying to make a trade to sign someone who basically is Maxiell (Big baby Davis). Sure Davis is a bit better but they are both very similiar players.

Then we run into the what if he trades Rip scenario. Who would the back up SG be then? I don't see any reason to get rid of Afflalo at this point. He's not a guy who can be a starter in this league but he is a nice back up and we have him for a good price.

Stern+refs=fail

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Then we run into the what if he trades Rip scenario. Who would the back up SG be then? I don't see any reason to get rid of Afflalo at this point. He's not a guy who can be a starter in this league but he is a nice back up and we have him for a good price.
    If he trades Afflalo he is pretty much saying he is keeping rip and Gordon will be the backup

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by detsportsfan3
    If he trades Afflalo he is pretty much saying he is keeping rip and Gordon will be the backup
    Every team has a guy they pay 10 million for to be a backup right That would be a brilliant move Joe D.......