Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Fire Dwane Casey

Default What off-season moves should Detroit make? Fire Flip? Trade guys? New signings?

Yes, I know that a lot of teams in the league would love to be the position where the Pistons are, but the pistons obviously want more than this.

What do you do in the off-season? are you still going to keep the four or is there going to be big changes?
    Last edited by insidehoops; 06-03-2007 at 12:41 AM.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Default Re: What do you do if you're detroit?

beg Ben Wallace to come back.

Local High School Star

[LIST][*]Sign And Trade Billups[*]Trade Rasheed Wallace[*]Add Amir Johnson to the rotation[*]Pick Acie Lawe III[*]Trade Nazr Mohammed[/LIST]

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoRapz
    Man I haven't posted in a while.

Anyways, yes, I know that alot of teams in the league would love to be the position where the Pistons are, but the pistons obviously want more than this.

What do you do in the off-season? are you still going to keep the four or is there going to be big changes?
    I sign and trade Billups to LA for Smush and Cook, and trade Sheed for Kwame.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

You get rid of flip saunders.....

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike

Pimp, you can't put that on Flip. Where was Billups? Where was Prince? Where was their rebounding? The players better man-up and admit their own failings.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by picc84
    I sign and trade Billups to LA for Smush and Cook, and trade Sheed for Kwame.
    hahahahaha we already had a taste of the smushster thank you very much. Id rather bring in Euros!

Default End of the Pistons Run

Tonight is probably the last time we'll see Billups in a Pistons jersey. Rasheed and Webber are both quickly declining. And I see only Rip and Tayshaun repeating what they have done these past few years this coming season. I say next year they will make the playoffs but will make no noise.

Congrats CAVS!!!!

Learning to shoot layups

trade everyone fire flip. they wont be back for a long time

I usually hit open layups

let Billups go unless Billups take less money...

in fact if Dumars was smart, he do a sign and trade, and possible get a high draft pick back or a decent young PG to run this team for Billups... someone will want Billups, and I'm sure Billups will demand top $$$ even after this horrible series...

other than that.. you can't really move Rip or Tayshun...because they are still at the top of their game for the respective position. I would deal Rasheed, but which team is going to take a aging volatile player? Rasheed at best can give you 18 and 8, but that's probably at best now. I see him more of the Robert Horry role, step out and shoot the 3s as his career winds down.

Webber is as good as gone, because he ain't winning a 'ship with Detroit. Keep McDyess definitely, he still got a good year or two left.

Pistons need to find quality young offensive players .. and maybe it's time to get rid of Flip. Because his offense is so boring.. and I hate everytime, in the 4th quarter, all they do is run the post up for either Tayshun or Wallace. They have no creativity on offense. They don't take advantage of Rip's midrange game, I mean, why can't they run screens for Rip like they did for Reggie Miller with the Pacers?

Default Re: End of the Pistons Run

I don't know about the end. They can make a few moves and be back in the finals. But they are declining

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    I don't know about the end. They can make a few moves and be back in the finals. But they are declining
    exactly. players get old, you replace them, even great ones. They'll be fine but prob not as dominant. Well see though

Banned

Yeah at least we won't have to compeltely rebuild. Tayshaun has yet to hit his prime and Rip has some good years left. I think we need to retool around the athleticism of Amir Johnson, Jason Maxiell, and Tayshaun Prince. That should be our frontcourt in 2 years.

Chauncey is a question mark. If we can't resign him to deal 3 years or less I think we are forced to let him walk.

I trust Dumars to do a good job of putting this team back together.
    Last edited by final.wrath; 06-02-2007 at 11:56 PM.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Man that was a long game. I pistons are not the defensive team they were and I don't think they will be for a while. Wonder if Sunders will be back next season.