Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    Local High School Star Vienceslav's Avatar

Default Re: How is Kobe Bryant overrated?

People who rank him top 5 overrate him.
    People who rank him in the top 10 rank him just right.
    You get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sampsonsimpson
    The consesus here seems to be that he's only overrated when people try to say he is the GOAT and better than Jordan.
    Agreed. I think most people have him just out the top-5, which is fair. If he wins one more, he is top-3. I don't think he can ever pass Jordan, unless he wins three in a row or something.
    Last edited by pegasus; 05-03-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    Agreed. I think most people have him just out the top-5, which is fare. If he wins one more, he is top-3. I don't think he can ever pass Jordan, unless he wins three in a row or something.

this...

Local High School Star

Because of his fans.

Quote Originally Posted by PTB Fan
    Because of his fans.
    truth if his retarded fans would just stop trying to put him on the same level as Jordan, everything in the world would be at peace. i'd be willing to concede he is top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    When some people are comparing him to all time greats like Bird and Magic, you know hes way overrated. Dude aint greater than Duncan yet.
    lol. Magic compares himself to Kobe.
    And when Kobe and Duncan met in the Playoffs, Kobe beat him.

College superstar

Kobe's longevity has been tremendous. He has played at a ridiculously high level for 16 years. But he was NEVER the best player in the league. He played on some great teams and was great on those teams. But when he was asked to carry a team he lost in the 1st round and failed to even get his team in the playoffs.

I have a hard time giving anyone that shoots as much and as inefficiently the benefit of the doubt. I'd be happy to call him top 15 or so but when you are talking about the guys at the top you are talking about guys who dominated decades and Kobe just never did that.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    And when Kobe and Duncan met in the Playoffs, Kobe beat him.
    This is the kind of absurd comment I hate. The Spurs beat the Lakers twice in the Kobe era and more importantly they never "played" one another. Its like saying two great WRs played in a football game and one beat the other one. His TEAM beat the other TEAM.

Troll who tries to provoke you

Agreed. I think most people have him just out the top-5
    Only kobe'tards have him just outside Top 5. The real NBA Fans who knows the game have him just outside the Top 10 GOATs.

If he wins one more, he is top-3. I don't think he can ever pass Jordan, unless he wins three in a row or something.
    precisely why he is "overrated" in first place. he wins 6th he still got 3rd FMVP & 1 MVP. he equals, duncan & shaq. But Shaq-like finals dominance is clearly missing. How is kobe above shaq who is Top 8 GOATs.

shyte like this is why Kobe is the most polarizing & overrated player of all-times.

If Kobe wins his 7th, He is guaranteed Top 10 GOATs of all-time. not even top 8 GOATs is guarantee for him.

Top 8 are way too heavy accolades & legendary performances in legacy establishing situations. With many "marquee match-ups" to win it all.

Kobe dont got that legacy or just sheer pure dominance. He is "collecting" his FMVPs & rings from here on out.

Agreed. I think most people have him just out the top-5, which is fair. If he wins one more, he is top-3. I don't think he can ever pass Jordan, unless he wins three in a row or something.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    This from another thread, posted by so guy named anaximandro

GM Survey: If you were starting a franchise today and could sign any player in the NBA, who would it be?

I just can't imagine a top ten guy being overshadow so many times by so many players. The guy is just overrated. Great but overrated.

Okay, a few things

#1. Notice how most players were bigmen
    #2. G/F were only chosen when the great bigs left prime
    #3. Why would You START your team with 30 yr Old Kb vs 22,23 yr Old studs..

C'mon man.

Kb is top 10, as of now..