Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: They found Bigfoot!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Deal
    How about a real post - indicating that you DO have some intelligence?

My question is how do these "expeditions" get funded? How do these guys make a real living? Isnt it still essentially a myth until their is concrete evidence?

NBA lottery pick

i hope its real. i always get crap when i say i believe bigfoot is real. i'm not a HUGE bigfoot guy or w/e, but i've always believed they are real.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    My question is how do these "expeditions" get funded? How do these guys make a real living? Isnt it still essentially a myth until their is concrete evidence?
    i would imagine some work for colleges/universities. but thats just a guess.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

because of crackpots like catz and mvp here. they take guys like this on "hunting trips" to locate a bigfoot. similar to big game guides or whatever. lots of people want to believe in things and will give money towards "research" investigating it.

@ people thinking this could actually be legit.

Of course it's still somewhat a "myth" until it's found.

Private organizations fund them, or personal donations. Basically... they know somebody.

There are also certain organizations, who do nothing but search for unknown creatures, go around, listen to first hand stories, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    @ people thinking this could actually be legit.
    @ you if it turns out to be legit.

Keep your mind closed, that's gonna get you ahead in life. *insert 'rolleyes' emoticon here*

Quote Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
    i would imagine some work for colleges/universities. but thats just a guess.
    very rarely. there were/are some physical anthropologists who are interested in this, but only as a side hobby. there was a guy up in Washington who in effect ruined his professional career by letting his bigfoot obsession interfere with his real research.

Quote Originally Posted by catzhernandez
    Of course it's still somewhat a "myth" until it's found.

Private organizations fund them, or personal donations. Basically... they know somebody.

There are also certain organizations, who do nothing but search for unknown creatures, go around, listen to first hand stories, etc.
    Its jut really hard for me to believe this one. Apparantly Bigfoot has been around a long time and they have really nothing but bogus pictures on it. I havnt done the research, so maybe you can tell me, what evidence do they really have of Bigfoot? Do they have stool samples? Do they have hair/fur samples? Pics I really dont believe bc they can be so easily altered

shhhhhhh

"expeditions" may be a little strong...lol
    more than likely 90% of these expeditions are two guys and a pickup on a weekend trip to get out of the house to avoid the wives

Very good NBA starter

Its jut really hard for me to believe this one. Apparantly Bigfoot has been around a long time and they have really nothing but bogus pictures on it. I havnt done the research, so maybe you can tell me, what evidence do they really have of Bigfoot? Do they have stool samples? Do they have hair/fur samples? Pics I really dont believe bc they can be so easily altered
    Bro, they have an old picture that was debunked. They found out it was just a gorilla costume from a store, they checked in with the stores around the area and found it.

Honestly, do people think there can be a 7 foot ape just walking around, outsmarting everyone by hiding it's self perfectly for years? Not only this, but not aged at all since the initial rumours?

no, the evidence mostly consists of footprints (most of which were obviously faked when they are measured by experts in locomotion -i.e the heel depression isnt deep enough etc). There have been some fecal samples sent to experts ( I only know of a couple) but they are all pretty much bear poop (omnivorous, large size). How do I know all this? My advisor spent some time helping colleagues chase bigfoot in the NW for fun and is the guy they send the stool samples to.

An Icon Forever

Very interesting story. Even if it's a fraud it's still cool...

I've watched a few shows on Big Foot, mostly on the history channel. It definitely peaks my interest. Would be cool if somehow, someway this is true. Would definitely put a spin on everything that people believe currently about evolution I would think.

Personally, I for one am a believer in cryptozoology, in one form or another. There are hundreds of millions of acres of planet earth which no human eye has seen, nor a human foot tread upon. Many of these would take hours to fly to from the nearest outposts of human civilization.

There are too many areas on this planet that humans haven't explored yet to dismiss things like Bigfoot.

Of course, they have every sample you could imagine.

But scientists have stated, time and again, they aren't going to accept that Bigfoot is real until there is an actuall BODY brought to them.

But here's something for you. People who told stories of a "human-like money", Gorillas, were called "crackpots" too. Nobody thought they were real, until they were discovered as late as 1902.

Quite a while considering they had been around "a long time".

Bigfoot are more human-like, than money, so I could see them being smart enough to evade humans for all these years. there's been stories of them disposing of their own dead - possibly burying them, that's why finding a dead body is so rare.