Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Official Election Day Thread

Is anyone aware of a text messaging service where up to the minute results can be sent to my phone? I won't be anywhere near a TV tonight, unfortunately.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kwajo
    I seriously doubt you'll break the record turnout. Elections back into the 19th and 18th centuries had insanely high turnout rates, partially because the eligible voters were a smaller group and were a more homogeneous ensemble, but more importantly democracy was a newer concept and there was more of a direct connection between the eligible voter demographic and what was happening in governance.
    I suppose I should have proposed it as post-suffrage turnout.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

5-time NBA All-Star

Got up today at the break of dawn.

And by break, I mean the pitchezt of the black, ahd the silence

Jogged from my dorm to the local Storrz voting booth with only my Red, White, and Blue trunkz on. "Gonna Fly Now" waz raging through my ipod, and the wind whipped my cold, bare torso like an angry dominatrix. My lungz were experiencing extraordinary pain, icy breezes were ferociously stabbing my throat, and I had not eaten nor drunken for four nightz!

In a surreal motion, I took out my lockpick, expertly unlocked the door, front summersalted into the building and then proceeded to enter the voting booth. And my oh my waz it packed! I could not bear voting after anybody, so I took out the post-it cardz, quickly wrote "I.O.U uno BJ" and handed it out to my predecesorz in line, sprinted towardz the booth. And in an epic fashion I raized my finger voted MCCAIN, *said sike*, and scribbled down the lettaz O-B-A-M-A. And alas, I fainted, unconscious on the flo', until I woke up and saw forty gorgeouz woman just looking at me with awe and wonder. I waz helped up rushed to a medic, and I refused. REFUZED! I had to share dis story with everyone around me.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    I suppose I should have proposed it as post-suffrage turnout.
    dont forget that after the civil war, only blacks and whites could vote. not people who didnt fit these categories. there were court cases up until the early 60s regarding the right of native americans, asians, etc. to vote. not that long ago

Well, I'm about to cast my vote. I'm so glad the polling place is only about 10 minutes away from my house.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    http://sayhear.org/

That site's addicting, it's people's reasons on why they're voting for whomever, in voice format. There're a lot of joke ones though, I hope.
    This is a really cool site. There are some that are unintentionally hilarious.

College star

Talking Re: The Official Election Day Thread

hahaha I left one.

Quote Originally Posted by NastaMaverick
    hahaha I left one.
    Link it

One of my friends has up on facebook that they voted for the "good guy" in John McCain, because he won't support the killing of babies and destruction of traditional values

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981
    One of my friends has up on facebook that they voted for the "good guy" in John McCain, because he won't support the killing of babies and destruction of traditional values
    That is admittedly a flaw in the Obama campaign (but babies do provide a decent amount of fuel, so what can you do?).

gotta love that. they do realize that these precious little babies will still be killled under palins watch and there aint a damn thing anyone can do about it.

freaking moron. I demand you unfriend them.

Quote Originally Posted by steve
    That is admittedly a flaw in the Obama campaign (but babies do provide a decent amount of fuel, so what can you do?).
    sick, but funny

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    gotta love that. they do realize that these precious little babies will still be killled under palins watch and there aint a damn thing anyone can do about it.

freaking moron. I demand you unfriend them.

I just don't understand how abortion can be viewed as the make/break decision in some people's minds when it comes to determining who they are going to vote for. Abortion effects only that person and their immediate family, perhaps. Sorry to say, but I honestly don't care what random strangers do with their unborn children. It's their choice. Healthcare policies, the economy, etc effect all. Most people in their lives will never be affected by abortion.

The "traditional" family has been falling apart for years now. I don't get why people use that argument at all when trying to rally support behind a republican candidate. And besides, didn't McCain cheat on his first wife?

And besides, didn't McCain cheat on his first wife?
    worse. he divorced her because she had been in a car accident and was crippled. nice family values.