Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: MLB postseason prediction thread, as well as official MLB playoff thread

Tigers pitcher Freddy Garcia is gonna hook his uncle-in-law Ozzie up and give the Sox the win (he's married to his niece). Ozzie probably told his niece not to give Freddy any pinocha for a while if he doesn't give his uncle a break.

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: MLB postseason prediction thread, as well as official MLB playoff thread

6-2 Sox. Top of the 7th. This game is over. Bring on the Twins

I'm still predicting Minnesota to win tomorrow. I think Nick Blackburn will pitch the game of his life.

NBA rookie of the year

^ The Sox veteran hitters (Thome, Griffey, Dye, Konerko) are gonna come through this evening.

Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

I'm rooting for Blackburn after Ozzie whored him in a post game interview last week.

NBA rookie of the year

I'm rooting for Blackburn after Ozzie whored him in a post game interview last week.
    ''I don't give credit to the guys that don't deserve credit,'' Guillen said that night. ''Believe me, I give credit to the pitcher when they deserve it. We didn't get the clutch hit, it wasn't because of the way he pitched.''

And here's what he said Monday about Blackburn: ''I'll take my chances against him if he pitches the way he pitched against us last time. He didn't pitch well. When you've got the bullpen warming up in the second inning ... we just don't approach him in the right way.''

Milw in 4? lol What a moron.

Angels are going to win it all. I hope they sweep the BoSox

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One
    Tigers pitcher Freddy Garcia is gonna hook his uncle-in-law Ozzie up and give the Sox the win (he's married to his niece). Ozzie probably told his niece not to give Freddy any pinocha for a while if he doesn't give his uncle a break.
    Would've been an interesting game had Freddy not hurt himself. He had it on cruise control.

As for tonight... it's a toss up. Neither of these teams are hot right now, so I have to go with Chicago just because it's in their backyard. Blackburn's been anywhere from iffy to downright awful in his last three starts, and Danks will probably have a huge confidence boost when he sees he won't be facing Ryan Garko any time tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
    Angels are going to win it all. I hope they sweep the BoSox

I'm picking the Angels as well. My only concern with them is that they have the type of rotation that is well built for a 162-game regular season, but on paper, it doesn't look like they have that Sabathia/Zambrano/Beckett type pitcher. The kind of guy who can step on that mound and throw a no hitter at any time, all while intimidating the hell out of opponents. Great to have these guys in a short series.

The St. Louis Cardinals didn't have that type of pitcher 2 years ago, either. And I'm not trying to sell guys like John Lackey, Ervin Santana, etc short. Lackey has proven in the past that he can be that guy. Really, a minor concern, because even if their starters get into some trouble, they have an amazing bullpen that can pick them right back up by giving them quality innings.

NBA rookie of the year

^ That's how the White Sox won it in '05. They didn't have a top notch ace in their rotation, but they had plenty of durable arms in the bullpen. Righties and lefties. All Ozzie had to do was pull a pitcher's name out of a bag and the put him out on the mound.

Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 33 23
    Last season's tie-breaker for the Wild Card between San Diego and Colorado took 13 innings to complete. Trevor Hoffman blew a 2-run lead in the bottom of the 13th, and the Rockies won off a game-winning sac fly that resulted in Matt Holliday breaking his nose while sliding home for the winning run.

This season's tie-breaker won't even be close. The White Sox will kick the living piss out of Minnesota and start Javier Vazquez on 5 days' rest to start the playoffs against Tampa Bay on Thursday.

It's going to be an All-Chicago World Series this year, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Twins 4
    White Sox 10

White Sox win AL Central in 163 games.
    No more than 5 days ago, you had the White Sox out of the playoffs. Now you have them making the Series?

NBA rookie of the year

and start Javier Vazquez on 5 days' rest to start the playoffs
    NOOOOOOOOOO. They better not put 4 innings-and-done Assquez on the mound to start any postseason game. I don't care if he had 5 weeks rest. He's garbage.

His last outing I turned the channel at the start of the 5th inning when they were tied 1-1 because I KNEW he was going blow the game wide open. As soon as i got knocked out by the 2nd Bald Bull, I turned back and the Sox were down 6-1 in the 6th.

Brook Lopez=beast!!!!! sulsuvtut27's Avatar

Lets go Twins. If the White Sox win will they have Quentin back for the playoffs?

AL Wild-Card Playoff
    MIN v. CWS

ALDS
    MIN v. TB

ALDS
    BOS v. LAA

NLDS
    MIL v. PHI

NLDS
    LA v. CHC

ALCS
    TB v. LAA