Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Kobe Bryant on MJ: "I

Makes you wonder why more bigmen don't do this with guys like Hakeem, Kareem, hell, even Shaq.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Makes you wonder why more bigmen don't do this with guys like Hakeem, Kareem, hell, even Shaq.
    They can't

Half of the clowns berating Kobe don't realize how hard it is to copy a professional Basketball players moves, especially Jordan of all people. It's not even just Jordan, Kobe steals EVERYONES moves if it can give him an advantage.

Dream's footwork

Magic's no looks

Kareem's skyhook

Dirk's one footer

Guy has it all, and thats how I know most of the haters have only watched Kobe in the most superficial sense or just look at stats and Boxscores.

The guy is a Basketball Savant , not only Jordan, but the game itself. But Jordan esque moves are his bread and butter , no denying that.
    Last edited by HOoopCityJones; 12-30-2014 at 01:40 PM.

What moves did MJ invent that no one else already did?

Being an all around elite scorer is not something you can "steal"

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Maybe you guys try to make it sound like more than it is. Just to fit that Kobe doesn't have his own style agenda. Either way. ONLY when I come to this forum is mastering Jordan's moves looked at with such disdain.

Any professional in the league wish they could do half the stuff Jordan and Kobe could do on a basketball court.

Tell me this , how come none of you call out Lebron for jocking Magic's style with such persistence?
    I don't understand why you get so defensive. It is what it is, and like I said I don't fault Kobe for it.

Do you think it's just a coincidence that people say that Kobe pretty much copied Jordan's style? It's not a secret. Do you think it's just some big conspiracy by 100s of thousands of people since Kobe came into the league to say that Kobe copied Jordan hardcore?

Even Kobe himself said in around 2001 that he had to stop watching Jordan VHS tapes and have his own style. He said something to that effect, but not as bad as it sounds in this context.

You try to make it sound like it's just a common thing that every player does, that no one has their own style, and ignoring reality. Ignoring that Kobe has even copied his mannerism, which is natural when you study and try to emulate a person in such a hardcore way.

And no, I do not see Lebron as a carbon copy of Magic.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    I don't understand why you get so defensive. It is what it is, and like I said I don't fault Kobe for it.

Do you think it's just a coincidence that people say that Kobe pretty much copied Jordan's style? It's not a secret. Do you think it's just some big conspiracy by 100s of thousands of people since Kobe came into the league to say that Kobe copied Jordan hardcore?

Even Kobe himself said in around 2001 that he had to stop watching Jordan VHS tapes and have his own style. He said something to that effect, but not as bad as it sounds in this context.

You try to make it sound like it's just a common thing that every player does, that no one has their own style, and ignoring reality. Ignoring that Kobe has even copied his mannerism, which is natural when you study and try to emulate a person in such a hardcore way.

And no, I do not see Lebron as a carbon copy of Magic.
    Your agenda is clear.

No need to discuss with you any further.

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Your agenda is clear.

No need to discuss with you any further.
    What's my agenda? To say that Kobe's moves and style are copied of Michael's game, vs simple influence.

Yeah, big new theory that I just came up with.

I don't even see anything wrong with doing that.

smh