Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops



Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2014, 01:29 PM   #31
russwest0
NBA Superstar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 13,097
Default Re: Kobe Bryant on MJ: "Iíve literally just stole sh*t."

Makes you wonder why more bigmen don't do this with guys like Hakeem, Kareem, hell, even Shaq.
russwest0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 01:37 PM   #32
HOoopCityJones
NBA rookie of the year
 
HOoopCityJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: LaLa Land
Posts: 6,494
Default Re: Kobe Bryant on MJ: "Iíve literally just stole sh*t."

Quote:
Originally Posted by russwest0
Makes you wonder why more bigmen don't do this with guys like Hakeem, Kareem, hell, even Shaq.

They can't

Half of the clowns berating Kobe don't realize how hard it is to copy a professional Basketball players moves, especially Jordan of all people. It's not even just Jordan, Kobe steals EVERYONES moves if it can give him an advantage.

Dream's footwork

Magic's no looks

Kareem's skyhook

Dirk's one footer


Guy has it all, and thats how I know most of the haters have only watched Kobe in the most superficial sense or just look at stats and Boxscores.

The guy is a Basketball Savant , not only Jordan, but the game itself. But Jordan esque moves are his bread and butter , no denying that.

Last edited by HOoopCityJones : 12-30-2014 at 01:40 PM.
HOoopCityJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 02:01 PM   #33
ralph_i_el
The Wizard
 
ralph_i_el's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Born Under a Bad Sign
Posts: 9,323
Default Re: Kobe Bryant on MJ: "Iíve literally just stole sh*t."

What moves did MJ invent that no one else already did?

Being an all around elite scorer is not something you can "steal"
ralph_i_el is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 02:29 PM   #34
jstern
NBA rookie of the year
 
jstern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,496
Default Re: Kobe Bryant on MJ: "Iíve literally just stole sh*t."

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
Maybe you guys try to make it sound like more than it is. Just to fit that Kobe doesn't have his own style agenda. Either way. ONLY when I come to this forum is mastering Jordan's moves looked at with such disdain.

Any professional in the league wish they could do half the stuff Jordan and Kobe could do on a basketball court.

Tell me this , how come none of you call out Lebron for jocking Magic's style with such persistence?

I don't understand why you get so defensive. It is what it is, and like I said I don't fault Kobe for it.

Do you think it's just a coincidence that people say that Kobe pretty much copied Jordan's style? It's not a secret. Do you think it's just some big conspiracy by 100s of thousands of people since Kobe came into the league to say that Kobe copied Jordan hardcore?

Even Kobe himself said in around 2001 that he had to stop watching Jordan VHS tapes and have his own style. He said something to that effect, but not as bad as it sounds in this context.

You try to make it sound like it's just a common thing that every player does, that no one has their own style, and ignoring reality. Ignoring that Kobe has even copied his mannerism, which is natural when you study and try to emulate a person in such a hardcore way.

And no, I do not see Lebron as a carbon copy of Magic.
jstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 02:33 PM   #35
HOoopCityJones
NBA rookie of the year
 
HOoopCityJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: LaLa Land
Posts: 6,494
Default Re: Kobe Bryant on MJ: "Iíve literally just stole sh*t."

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstern
I don't understand why you get so defensive. It is what it is, and like I said I don't fault Kobe for it.

Do you think it's just a coincidence that people say that Kobe pretty much copied Jordan's style? It's not a secret. Do you think it's just some big conspiracy by 100s of thousands of people since Kobe came into the league to say that Kobe copied Jordan hardcore?

Even Kobe himself said in around 2001 that he had to stop watching Jordan VHS tapes and have his own style. He said something to that effect, but not as bad as it sounds in this context.

You try to make it sound like it's just a common thing that every player does, that no one has their own style, and ignoring reality. Ignoring that Kobe has even copied his mannerism, which is natural when you study and try to emulate a person in such a hardcore way.

And no, I do not see Lebron as a carbon copy of Magic.

Your agenda is clear.

No need to discuss with you any further.
HOoopCityJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 03:09 PM   #36
jstern
NBA rookie of the year
 
jstern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,496
Default Re: Kobe Bryant on MJ: "Iíve literally just stole sh*t."

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
Your agenda is clear.

No need to discuss with you any further.
What's my agenda? To say that Kobe's moves and style are copied of Michael's game, vs simple influence.

Yeah, big new theory that I just came up with.

I don't even see anything wrong with doing that.
jstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 08:23 PM   #37
FultzNationRISE
Local High School Star
 
FultzNationRISE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,304
Default Re: Kobe Bryant on MJ: "Iíve literally just stole sh*t."

smh
FultzNationRISE is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:




Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:20 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Daily Roundup

NBA Scores

NBA Stats

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

Fantasy Basketball

Basketball Sneakers

Search Site

STAY CONNECTED
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy