Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Heroes Season 3 Episode 1 & 2

Spoilers, spoilers, spoilers:

That was incredible! As always, the Ando and Hiro scenes were gold, and the speedster was generally entertaining with Hiro. I read a negative review saying the time thing, and a future disaster was just like season 1, but it was actually quite different, and awesome! There were some more displays of power, which I like, we got to see Maya wearing not a lot, and Mohinder becoming, for a short while, a hero. I never thought the killer was Peter (I'm sure a lot of people did) and I thought it all played out well. I'm excited to see what happens in Africa, as I'd thought for awhile that it would be cool to explore the powers in Africa, because they has to be a load of great ones. What were your guys' thoughts?

Fresh Kid Turned Rotten Lamar Doom's Avatar

Default Re: Heroes Season 3 Episode 1 & 2

oh yeah and don't forget

Monday, September 29th (after Heroes) we kick off the 2nd season of "Life".

This is the show I'm working on this year and if their ratings are good enough through the first four episodes we'll get picked up for "the back 9" (we get to shoot another 9 episodes) and that's good news for me and my bank account. Would be awesome if you guys would check the show out and tell your friends about it. It's actually quite good for a network episodic drama, i don't watch a lot of cop/medical dramas (which is all they make right now) but I do know this is definitely a cut above the rest. Much smarter and funnier.

You can watch the ENTIRE FIRST SEASON FREE on nbc.com http://www.nbc.com/Life/video/episodes/ if you want to get caught up

our schedule to start the season:

episode 1- monday september 29th
    episode 2- friday october 3rd
    episode 3- monday october 6th
    episode 4- friday october 10th
    (at this point we fall into our regular friday time slot for the rest of the season) note that we air two episodes in the same week, so be there monday and friday or set your DVR/TIVO.

the show is about a cop who served 12 years of a life sentence (1995-2007) for a crime he didnt' commit. when he's exonnerated for the crime he gets a 50 million dollar settlement and his job back with a promotion to detective from uniformed officer. he gets into zen philosophy in prison and is a comically deep character. it's witty, quirky, well written and well played. the character (charlie crews) is played by damian lewis (band of brothers, dreamcatcher, keane) and also stars sarah shahi (L Word, Sopranos, Rush Hour 3, For Your Consideration, Dog Problem) as his ex-junky partner and features Adam Arkin and Donal Logue (Tao of Steve, Blade, Grounded For Life, Patriot, Jerry Maguire, Sneakers).

(extra pics of sarah because i know my audience here)

thanks for watching/holding it down for me guys.

---> Watch Season 1 online Free

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Aussie Outcast's Avatar

If that chick is on life im going to start watching it. Wont be the first time Ive done something like that. IE: I watched Dark Angel

That was a freakin awesome premiere, just watched it online.

Wow, there were quite a few HOLY **** moments there weren’t there. Despite the fact that a lot of people knew future Peter shot Nathan, I’m sure the rest of the world got a nice little surprise.

I think Claire is going to have an interesting season.

I don’t know what’s up with Matt, but it could turn out to be very cool

Angela is Sylar’s mother!??!?!!?!?

Nathan can see Linderman while no one else can? How does that work?

Who the **** is Tracy Strauss and where did she come from? Her power is freakin awesome!

Mohinder is going Spidey on us I think

Elle knocked Sylar the **** out, that was pretty sweet.

Hiro is having a little too much fun with this I think, playing Batman. He’s going to be interesting too.

And that one scene with the villains stealing that car was awesome. The flame guy was torching someone, the German is basically Magneto. And Peter is trapped in this guy Jesse’s body? Oh man…

Not only that, but Adam and Maury were up and about, in a dream sequence anyway, right there with Tracy and Knox. I wonder why Nathan wasn’t in that sequence….that’s Angela’s power too. Always kind of knew it, but nice to be told I’m right.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Come touch it, Dave Knuck the Ficks's Avatar

Lamar Doom
    Are you the dude that said he worked on Dexter?

If so why'd you leave? Dexter >>> Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Knuck the Ficks
    Are you the dude that said he worked on Dexter?

If so why'd you leave? Dexter >>> Life.
    It's a network tv show vs a cable show that isn't even on basic cable. Careerwise it's a fairly simple decision.

NBA sixth man of the year

I can sort of forgive them for season 2 with the WGA strike and all but last night was just unacceptable. How quickly this show has digressed is simply record breaking.

rank sentamentalist

That was... very eh. How can they continue to pose new questions and mysteries without having solved those that date back to the beginnings of season one? I'm seriously starting to think that they don't have any explicit answers at all, so they're just trying to go in a new direction. They've written themselves into a corner, and now they're trying to escape by chiseling through the back wall instead of wading through the mess they themselves created.

Last night wasn't terrible, but I highly doubt I'll watch more than the next 2-3 more episodes. I'm going to give them a chance to redeem themselves, but I'm not going to be surprised when it doesn't happen.

Just so many frickin' holes in every damn storyline...

Someone needs to force their writers into a room and make them watch a couple seasons of lost so they learn how to write a tight story with so many characters.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Someone needs to force their writers into a room and make them watch a couple seasons of lost so they learn how to write a tight story with so many characters.
    God, no, that will only make the problems worse. They need to take another page from comics (you know instead of just superficially ripping off X-Men stories from 10 to 20 years ago) and restart everything. The reason mutliple characters works (relatively) on Lost is because the characters are all in a confined location so they're force to interact with each other. In a show like Heroes (which shouldn't even be the title), a lot of the characters have no reason to interact other than overally contrived reasons. They should've started out with a smaller defined cast and then built from there (basically Peter, Hiro, the painter guy from season 1, and maybe Surresh and then Claire as the lone cast member not apart of the main group at first, and you know, actually have them do something heroic).

shhhhhhh

Lamar Doom I love that show...

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

What a terrible 1st episode. Volume 3 should be called "Plotholes".

- Do Peter and Future Peter just forget about all the powers they have? Did he really need to go back for that gun? Was that the only way to kill Nathan or the plot just require Matt to intervene, be sent off somewhere and stall for Nathan's religious epiphany? Why are these characters so stupid?
    - Hiro and the speedster. Here is another "hero" who seemingly forgets his powers and is basically an idiot. Why are these characters so stupid?
    - Sylar could have taken care of the Claire business instantly without ever getting stabbed or foiled by a chained closet door (OMG!). WHY ARE THESE CHARACTERS SO STUPID?
    - More random time traveling to take away the little logic left in this show. Peter, Hiro and all their future and past selves need to be killed off ASAP.

Now time to go torture myself with the 2nd episode. Ugh, how can such an initially interesting and exciting show go so wrong so quickly?

rank sentamentalist

I knew the episode was doomed from the very first sequence: Claire has a gun pointed at Peter, who pleads and begs Claire not to do what she is about to do. Even though he's a telekinetic. And can stop time.

And Claire, presumably fully aware of the vast array of Peter's powers considering they've spent the last 4 ****ing years together, decides that a gun is really going to threaten, and possibly kill, a virtually omnipotent man.

Ok...?

Edit:
    Also, the speedster not being affected by Hiro's time powers isn't even touched. I really hope they don't just leave that up in the air as a "well we had to reveal the identity of the thief, but we couldn't just let Hiro's overpowering ability allow him to snatch the formula right back".
    Last edited by RidonKs; 09-23-2008 at 02:23 PM.

Can someone please post an online link to watch these, much appreciated in advance.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I get that this is a fantasy show about people with super powers but that's no excuse for such horribly written characters and gaping holes in the plot.

I forgot about the Claire-Peter scene at the start. During that whole thing I was wondering "what's the point of all this? Nothing is going to happen."