Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Golden State glaring Defensive Weakness

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGriffin
    How did you feel about his defense last season and this season before he injured his knee?
    Honestly?

I got to watch maybe 5-6 GSW regular season games.
    Like I mentioned I don't get all the NBA games on my TV.

I saw the Celtics Game, Lakers game (Both losses) and he was bad.

And I saw the Cavs game I remember, both of them.
    In both he looked solid, well. I didn't noticed anything bad, so that's good.

But that's a small sample.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot
    Curry getting destroyed by Kyrie Irving, who might be the third most dangerous offensive weapon in the league after Durant and Curry, is not a glaring defensive weakness, it's to be expected. Kyrie pretty much embarrasses anyone.

Like someone else said, the biggest issue is their defense inside.

I think a very underrated signing was Gasol to the Spurs. One thing I noticed was pop and front office look to plan to pound them inside with 2 legit post players in Gasol and Aldridge that can also pop out to 20 feet and shoot.

Golden state just has to stay healthy.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGriffin
    Stephen Curry is one of the top 5 defenders in the league at the point guard position. Eye test and advanced stats back this up.

If there is going to be any weaknesses in the Warriors' defense it is going to be defense in the low post after losing Bogut and Barnes.
    lol...watch CP3 play defense and then come back and tell me Curry is a top 5 defensive player at the pg position. It will be a night and day comparison.

Decent playground baller

GSW's biggest weakness is gonna be rebounding. If a team like the Spurs can pummel them on the boards, it'll force them to play 2 bigs for the majority of the game; which makes them a lot more guardable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons
    His defense is fine. He wasnt really that bad on defense vs the Cavs. Lebron and Kyrie just went God mode on offense when they needed too.

What the Cavs did was make him work though, so he had much less energy than when he was hiding on scrub players waiting to go off in the fourth. With Durant it wont even matter.
    Did you watch the Finals? They ran the whoever offense on him.
    Lebron/Kyrie were running plays just to get him switched on him (including Kyrie's go ahead shot).
    Lebron even told JR to attack when Curry was guarding him.

There's an obvious weakness and its him. Now with KD playing PF they'll get abused inside too.

Yall will see when ya realise iggy is too old with a bad back to defend lebron and you have nobody to defend the paint cuz you got rid of bogut.

Back to back incoming.

Local High School Star

1st year championship - Fluke because Cavs lost 2 of 3 best players

2nd year loss - no 1 on 1 scorer because they got rid of David Lee

3rd year potential loss - no inside presence and teams are going to waste on Curry

I just can't see how Curry's ankles can take a season of teams forcing switches and attacking him.

Lets draw a quick number and take 3 teams out

chicago/boston/Hawks

Chicago Rondo PNR with Wade (old school 1/2 PNR). Wade catches the ball at the 3 pt line and drives straight at Curry's chest all game every game after the hand off from Rondo. Curry is not going to keep up with Wade's strength.

Boston - Isiah/Horford PNR. Curry switches onto a rolling Horford quickly as Horford is known for the pick and pop. Horford can choose to roll hard or pick and pop. Little Curry can do against either.

Hawks - Schuerder and Howard PNR with the alley oop and dump off on a rolling howard after he sets a hard pick on Curry. We know Pachulia on the GSW is not going to be able to keep up with Schueder's foot speed so he either gets to the rim (or passes to the 3 or hockey assist when Dray comes around) or Curry has to defend a rolling Dwight howard who can dunk that shit.

Every team out there is going to say "Put Curry in the PNR and bulldog that sh1t" He doesn't have the core strength to stop you, move him out the way!

Local High School Star

Teams are going to play this song before they suit up against Curry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEuU64Zt4B0

Local High School Star

Somebody found a molehill and is desperately pretending it's a mountain.

On the other side, the opposing team has a couple legitimate mountains to climb trying to keep Curry, Durant, Klay, and Green from absolutely demolishing them. How do you even begin to guard that?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by comerb
    Somebody found a molehill and is desperately pretending it's a mountain.

On the other side, the opposing team has a couple legitimate mountains to climb trying to keep Curry, Durant, Klay, and Green from absolutely demolishing them. How do you even begin to guard that?
    Same thing about fighting a dragon (imaginary for you geniuses out there). Your going to lose 99% of the time but that doesn't mean you aren't going to try to attack it at its weakest points like its eyes, wings and throat.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    I think a very underrated signing was Gasol to the Spurs. One thing I noticed was pop and front office look to plan to pound them inside with 2 legit post players in Gasol and Aldridge that can also pop out to 20 feet and shoot.

Golden state just has to stay healthy.
    Spurs can only beat GSW if Gasol, Aldridge and Leonard go nuts in the low post, keep turnovers down and slow down the pace.
    Hopefully Pop doesnt screw up and play Parker too much like he did vs LAC and OKC in 15 and 16.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWinningFam
    Yall will see when ya realise iggy is too old with a bad back to defend lebron and you have nobody to defend the paint cuz you got rid of bogut.

Back to back incoming.
    This is a legit concern.

Steph is a HUGE defensive liability. GS is in trouble in the finals anyone on the Cavs will score in him 1 on 1.

NBA All-star

just because a team doesn't draw fouls doesn't make them bad defensively

so, what's Golden State's glaring offensive weakness? taking the best shot possible doesn't necessarily correlate with shot clock control

dat Kobe system and LEBron ball

Very good NBA starter

If Kevin Durant becomes killer like I think he can, they will steamroll the West.

If it becomes Cleveland Golden State, it's going another 7 games. Lebron for some reason has always been able to match up with Durant especially if Durant is at the 4.

Tristan and Green match up at 5. It's actually a good match up for Cleveland unless Golden State goes nuclear.