Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: "Lebron would take a pay cut to play 1-2 years with CP3, Carmelo and Wade"

Funny thing is Lebron probably thinks that's a championship team and better then what he has now. That team would get destroyed by the Warriors or Spurs worse then the Cavs would now.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: "Lebron would take a pay cut to play 1-2 years with CP3, Carmelo and Wade"

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    Do you realize that LeBron will be making 45M/yr after next season? As will CP3. Do you really think they will be willing to give up 25m each to play with one another?
    Bran's Nike contract is at least 500 million so he can sign for the MLE. CP3 can "settle" for 38 million.

All of them are past their primes, but they're still really good players. I don't think the league would go for it. Maybe when they're in their late 30's. When Lebron returned to Cleveland I was sure he'd retire there, but now I'm starting to think there's at least a possibility that he leaves. If I had to guess I'd still lean toward him staying, but I don't think he's very happy with the organization right now.

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    All of them are past their primes, but they're still really good players. I don't think the league would go for it. Maybe when they're in their late 30's. When Lebron returned to Cleveland I was sure he'd retire there, but now I'm starting to think there's at least a possibility that he leaves. If I had to guess I'd still lean toward him staying, but I don't think he's very happy with the organization right now.
    He didn't realise how good he had it with Miami, plus in Miami he actually liked his teammates I sense this Cavs team isn't very close at all.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

I don't think he's very happy with the organization right now.
    but why? theyve done everything hes supposedly asked.

I rule the local playground

Maybe they can do it in China after they retire. Otherwise, why is Lebron raising a ruckus when he should be focused on getting ready for the Playoffs with his CURRENT team?

Man, this guy loves being in the news.

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    We have no idea what goes on behind close doors, it's clear to me there is some tension going on but I have no idea who or what is the problem.
    Last edited by VengefulAngel; 03-23-2016 at 04:07 PM.

3-time NBA All-Star

Dude is a fickle ass woman that is never satisfied. He's got 2 all-star level players on his team, he got them to overpay for his boy, they got rid of the coach for him, and his team is contending for a title and is on the top of the East. What else does this guy want? Sure, they're not the best team in the league, but that doesn't really have to do with personnel at this point. There really isn't much of an argument that the Cavs haven't done enough for Lebron. They've set him up as best as you can possible expect from a front office. Now its just all about executing. And that's on Lebron and the roster.

And they would still get mopped by the beasts out West.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EveryManALion
    http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/brotherhood/

Per Bleacher Report. I know the source is super unreliable but still....lolzzzzzz of course Lebron would.
    Apart from Alpha Wade, they are all mental midget career losers.

Unless all players are willing to sacrifice their stats and touches and offensive usage-INCLUDING CP3, because CP3 ball doesn't win in the playoffs-that team will suck.

Can the superstar egos handle stepping out of the spotlight? Apart from Wade, I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    He can't accept that he's the loser, not the organization or his teammates

Been sacrificing his entire career, nothing new.

Decent college freshman

If Wade and LBJ set it up correctly this summer, they can be free agents along with CP3 in 2017. Melo has an opt-out in 2018. I'm guessing one team needs to trade for Melo (with agreement he'll opt out for less $$$ in 2018) and sign the rest as FAs in 2017.

FWIW Melo supposedly received a near $100M lump sum payment when he signed that contract. One thing to consider here...

Not that I think this is likely but I guess NBA news is slow today over @ BR

Quote Originally Posted by VengefulAngel
    We have no idea what goes on behind close doors, it clear to me there is some tension going on but I have no idea who or what is the problem.
    Yeah, I don't know any specifics, but the tension and general lack of unity is palpable. Maybe they'll come together and have a great playoff run, but something doesn't feel right. If you read between the lines it does seem pretty clear that Lebron isn't very happy.

Melo likes being in the spotlight. No way he leaves NYC. He aint puttin a chip over money unless they all go there.