Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Question Chris Webber or charles barkley?

I'm taking Webber. Chuck didn't have the size nor the work ethic.

Default Re: Chris Webber or charles barkley?

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    I'm taking Webber. Chuck didn't have the size nor the work ethic.
    hmm..
    i take webber, the guy was clearly go to guy, and he can do just about everything, while being dominating and impactful.

barkley almost the same, just slightly behind at every category..

Barkley not only was a lot better but he no where are injury prone.

Webber was basically done by the time he was 33 and Barkley was still averaging like 13 rebounds a game at 36 years old

The only understandable excuse for someone to pick Webber over Barkley is if he or she was addicted to crack
    Last edited by Bigsmoke; 08-05-2015 at 05:55 AM.

WTF? Barkley was a more dynamic scorer and rebounder, neither one of them were lockdown defenders so thats a wash. I really dont see the argument at all for Webber. He was very, very good, even great especially in his Kings heyday but he has no argument over Sir Charles as a player or career-wise.
    Last edited by Dragonyeuw; 08-05-2015 at 06:23 AM.

Barkley. Check out Webber on Open Court "The Next 10" where he thinks he should be in the next 10 (after the 50 Greatest) over Wade and Durant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    Barkley. Check out Webber on Open Court "The Next 10" where he thinks he should be in the next 10 (after the 50 Greatest) over Wade and Durant.
    LOL no. I'd say at least 10 players since then have moved into top 50, and Nique should have been in there from the start:

Duncan
    Garnett
    Kobe
    Lebron
    Wade
    Dirk
    Pierce
    Kidd
    Payton
    Durant
    Allen
    Nash

And I'm sure a few more I haven't thought of. Webber's somewhere in the 70 range.

I think Chris Webber usually gets underrated, and think he was greater than history will give him credit for.

That said, the closest Webber ever got to MVP was 4th in votes. Once. Barkley got an MVP in an era where Olajuwon and Jordan had entered their prime. Not saying the MVP counts for everything, but I do believe Chuck has the advantage on this one. Not by much, but fairly clearly in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by artificial
    I think Chris Webber usually gets underrated, and think he was greater than history will give him credit for.

That said, the closest Webber ever got to MVP was 4th in votes. Once. Barkley got an MVP in an era where Olajuwon and Jordan had entered their prime. Not saying the MVP counts for everything, but I do believe Chuck has the advantage on this one. Not by much, but fairly clearly in my opinion.
    Not only that, he was 4th in 88, 2nd in 90( and many argue he was robbed of MVP that year), 4th in 91, throw in a few 6th place finishes. As you said, at that time the league was stacked with HOF talent in their primes, and Barkley was basically a top 4 player between 88 and 93, top 7 94, 95 and 96( and he was past his prime those last 2 years). Granted, I suppose you could apply the same argument that Webber's prime coincided with Shaq,Duncan, Kobe, Garnett, Iverson, Dirk, etc etc. But still, having seen both's careers, Barkley overall was a more dynamic and dominant presence.
    Last edited by Dragonyeuw; 08-05-2015 at 10:29 AM.

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

im offended by anyone who says webber

If Webber never got hurt, he would have been better than Barkley. Unfortunately, injuries are a part of the game.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Why are people feeding the troll?

Webber had more potential, but Chuck was a much better player to me considering his MVP and him being top 5 in voting every other year and leading a team to the Finals and taking MJ to 6 games while Jordan was putting up 40+ a night that series...

C-Webb no doubt is the more likeable player but Charles was something else...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    Not only that, he was 4th in 88, 2nd in 90( and many argue he was robbed of MVP that year), 4th in 91, throw in a few 6th place finishes. As you said, at that time the league was stacked with HOF talent in their primes, and Barkley was basically a top 4 player between 88 and 93, top 7 94, 95 and 96( and he was past his prime those last 2 years). Granted, I suppose you could apply the same argument that Webber's prime coincided with Shaq,Duncan, Kobe, Garnett, Iverson, Dirk, etc etc. But still, having seen both's careers, Barkley overall was a more dynamic and dominant presence.
    Barkley clearly deserved the MVP in 1990. He got more 1st place votes but Magic was so loved, they had to give it to him again. And I think MJ deserved it in 1993, but the media sort of made up for 1990 by giving it to Chuck.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    If Webber never got hurt, he would have been better than Barkley. Unfortunately, injuries are a part of the game.
    We got to see prime/peak Webber though, and he wasn't better.